onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

Advert

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Every team got a injury crises and suspensions. 

We have not win a a league for two months. That is not down to injuries

In regards to the injury situation, we have had a fair few out like most teams but looking back, other than Clarke and Lacavotti, I would say we have had our best 11 available for most of the season.  Grant and Wilson were massive risks and always likely to break down and I would say Plant been far better than Grant and would have been first choice in that position.  Debrah is an upgrade on Dan Jones and Balmer.  Ojo, Arblaster and Devine been our best midfield combination and been available all season, Garrity our best forward been there all season, Ripley touch wood been available all the way through.  

For me if everyone was fit and we were playing a quarter final against Boro, my 11 would be 

Ripley, Clarke, Debrah, Smith, Lacavotti, Plant, Ollie, Ojo, Alfie, Garrity, Uche and 9 of that 11 has been available in 90% of games since they joined.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

By that reckoning we should never have got rid of Rudge, Adams and Clarke. The model got is promoted, doing very well, then we get rid of our recruitment team, bring a new team in, plus our DOF has removed a lot of personal and replace them with his own choices since our promotion and has this worked?, is he helping drive the club forward?

Disagree, it’s a false equivalency. You sack managers after a poor run, not your director of football.

He clearly hasn’t failed because out of the two seasons we’ve had, we achieved or exceeded our expectations.

We haven’t got rid of the recruitment team, that’s nonsense. It’s the same recruitment team that got us the players that took us to promotion, and signed players such as Ojo and Arblaster.

I don’t see the big deal about getting rid of people who have been at the club ages. We need the best people in the role. We’ve hardly been a great success in that time.

Is he helping drive the club forwards? I don’t see how that’s a serious question. Since he’s arrived:

Season 1: joined midway through when we were facing relegation from league 2, brought in Clarke, we stayed up.

Season 2: promotion

Season 3: stayed up

Season 4: yet to be seen, but you can hardly say he’s not brought the club forwards!!! Look at the progress we’ve made!

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Granville said:

Another poll from someone who wants people to agree with them that their viewpoint is the right one.

We sack Crosby, then we don't win the game after, who are you going after then, Boomer?

Did you even read my post?! I didn't vote for him to be sacked in this poll and the previous one.

I put the vote up after the Cheltenham game when people were calling for change. I wasn't, but I thought a poll was a good way to show different opinions.

I put this one up because I was asked to after the Mansfield game to see if people had changed their mind. The results so far show that more people have confidence in the regime now than they had against Cheltenham. 

• Like 1

The DoF manages the football side of things, where the owners are lacking in knowledge, although there must come a time where they have acquired enough knowledge, but most importantly having a DoF allows the owners to carry on with their other business interests and charitable work.  Nowt wrong with that.
Fair to say that when things aren’t going so well there isn’t much cream for the DoF to reap.

Isn’t that what Colin Garlick did? I don’t know enough about it, so could be wrong

Someone would have to be lined up to take over straight away. We couldn’t leave the assistant in charge while we interview, meanwhile the Christmas schedule is sending us further down the table. If a change is to be made, sooner rather than later would make sense, so they can assess the squad and prepare for the window in January.

but I think we’ll carry on with Crosby unless we literally don’t win in the league in November. Yak, Jones and Lowe are hopefully round the corner. Then Balmer soon after that. That’ll be good.

As a side note, who’s the starter with Yak and Smith, Balmer or Debrah ~ if we ever get that luxury of picking?

Id rather develop our own young players and pick Debrah.

Edited by 1
  • Like 1