onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alfies (AB7) You Tube Channel.

blackdog

4 minutes ago, princesslear said:

Will the same happen to all the clubs' fans that cover their football teams games then???

I assume it is the amount of match content and the profile of the site that would be the problem. I have not seen any recent statement by a club or any of the football authorities.

Advert

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Were Crosby or any of the players interviewed after the Burton match?

Not by Alfie, Carol saw to that!

Me, Jonathan Gullis and her were having a chuckle about it after the game yesterday, Gullo laughing as he said "He won't need a selfie stick where he's going!" Apparently, Suella is taking an active in the case. Watch this space...

How disgusting to have such a hateful vendetta on a young child trying to do something constructive with his childhood!

judging by your crude and strange comments you would be the first to complain if he was up to what most young people are these days.

He should be encouraged and praised for what he has been doing, something positive, innocent and harmless that has once again by the ridiculous society we live in been made to be something it’s not!

Can I add some personal thoughts and an appeal here please.

Firstly, an appeal. I don't think it's fair to accuse the club without evidence it is them. I have removed some posts that accuse various parties of doing so. 

There is a copyright issue sadly, regardless of whether you like the videos or not. It's something I have to very careful with. I don't take any match photos during games played during the regular season unless someone at the club has specifically granted me permission. A lot of my photos, as a result, are of pre-season events such as training so as not to break the EFL rules on footage at EFL games. However, I have always found the club very amenable with any request I do have so I can't imagine they would be seeking to shut this channel down. 

I personally think Alfie could have been unlucky because I think the "copyright" issue of no photography/videos inside stadiums isn't enforced very much and (a bit like the old days taping songs onto blank tapes) isn't something that organisations try hard to stop, unless it's clearly someone making a huge amount of money from it. However, it is worth noting that cameras inside the ground are technically not allowed and the Football League itself (so not necessarily Port Vale) will be keen to maintain copyright. That's undoubtedly to only allow authorised photographers, camera crews and protect their commercial interests. 

I have had some content removed from YouTube. In my case it was (and it would be funny if it weren't true) because some of the clips I have uploaded contained twenty year-old adverts which contained snippets of pop songs. The entire 90 minute clip were then removed for included a 15 second burst of someone's song. I've also had an FA Cup game removed by the FA and another specifically removed by Brighton and Hove Albion FC.  I have to say it's fair enough if those organisations hold that copyright, so I have accepted that it's their content, it is their right to remove it. These things seem to be automated so it's perfectly possible that this was an automated process and not an individual targeting his YouTube channel.

I personally think that all content promoting the Vale is of help and perhaps a compromise to this is for the channel to come back but without any footage taken during the game being played?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seems harsh to me, if its based on TV rights well they aren't exactly bothered about our cup run!

It depends who's decision it was as to the reason but considering you have awards for football vloggers (wasn't Alfie put up for one of those?) its not like is clandestine and there are a few who do the same, the Fleetwood fan for example or those Swindon ones (Is it Up the Swin or the Swin going up) and that Thogden who's doing massively well out of it now.

The players and even opposition managers and players seem to have really taken to his interviews (apart from James Chester after we beat Derby 😄)  

Hopefully Alfie can at least do his interviews, unless thats fallen foul of it due to media rights for player interviews? Really poor though to see as its just a young lad living his dream and he does provide some decent content for fans to watch aside from the usual boring match reports we get.

8 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The question I would ask is why Alfie?

I was watching the Swindon vs Aldershot Vlog as well as Fleetwood at Kiddermister Vlog. Why pick on one Vlogger??

Ye I watched Fleetwood supporters in the home stand showing their Derby v Blackpool saw all 6 goals heard the chanting etc. Efl got a nerve coverage is useless. Fa cup Saturday Vale ad lot of chances tv showed smudges red card & burtons 2 chances - disgrace- no wonder we watch supporters videos

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robf said:

Can I add some personal thoughts and an appeal here please.

Firstly, an appeal. I don't think it's fair to accuse the club without evidence it is them. I have removed some posts that accuse various parties of doing so…….

Have to say that’s very poor form Rob, you’re no better than Carol and the EFL.  Cancel culture.

• Haha 1

Can't he just do his things without any match footage in? That solves the problem because its obvious thats what he's got the copyright strikes for.

If he just does his interviews etc then he's fine surely. 

And let's be honest here folks, if he was a fan of another club we wouldn't care and probably be much more accepting of the EFL's decision, but because he's a Vale fan we feel he's in the right?