onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

Advert

1 hour ago, Jesse James said:

Reason for the Paddock Green is the toilet issue. Season Tickets + 500 extra only

It's the same in the stand too, and like has already been said, green seats are available to buy, the capacity of the paddock is up to 2k. The blocks closest to the Bycars are missing a lot of seats, that's where the reduced capacity is, they've literally removed a number of seats online to reduce the available capacity. 

4 hours ago, smithie said:

Got to hope that a few good results between now and then tempt people who are holding off...but it's a huge letdown and embarrassment if we've got big gaps for this one. 

I was of the opinion after the Mansfield game, this would sell out no problem but people are not going to pay hard earned money to watch rubbish and other than the odd half decent performances that is what we are getting.  The floating supporter will see no goals virtually every week, read no chances and think I'm not paying £25 for that.  There should be a massive buzz around this game, first time in our history and the performances recently have put a massive downer on it.  I know a number of season ticket holder who are not bothering to go and I can't blame them.  

10 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Now that ST holders seats are released on general sale you can see how many are left. Loads by the looks of it. For some reason looks like a lot of ST holders don't fancy this one. Real shame. The Railway in particular looks dreadful, a sea of green available seats. The Hamil looks a bit better but still good availability in all stands. Its a massive shame, I knew we weren't a big club, but if we don't even come close to selling out it'll be really embarrassing.

Still 2 weeks to go but so far sales look very poor.

Great 👍

A very poor response then I'm not surprised I don't think folk are enjoying the games but even if you ain't its the quarter finals of the league cup .

I'm.going cause I'm Vale after seeing a good few hundred defeats over the years makes no difference to me you go cause you want see a story .

If folk ain't going because we don't score goals well I'm sure shouting at the radio going help loads. 

We are what we are .

I'll be there v Stevenage and Middlesbrough ,no matter what hoping we play with the desire required and if they don't then do not be surprised if exit all trophies by Dec 20th .

But if thought like that what's the point.

You either Vale or you ain't. 

If staying away is there choice then so be it .

I'd be disappointed but not surprised .

Edited by Devine intervention

If people don't want to go then that's fine, what i can't be doing with is others calling them out. It's their choice & who can blame them after the past 3 months! I'll be there but unless AC has gone by then i won't be returning afterwards. Enough is enough now he should of gone after Cheltenham but Carol was never gonna get rid after a defeat to Darrell. She'd look too silly, leave it any longer & you could look even worse duck! I can't see anything but a defeat to Exeter & my biggest concern is that still won't be enough for the owner to get rid of him. Swallow your pride & ego Carol & do the right thing 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

Some of the responses here prove we're a lot more tinpot than most would have us believe. Sometimes I think we have a great fanbase, especially away from home, but not selling out only 11k tickets for a league cup quarter final is shambolic. A few people need a long hard look at themselves and decide if they're really Port Vale fans. Likely the only chance to watch us in a quarter final of a major competition, and not bothering to go, embarrassing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We have really suprised me we have not sold out. It just shows we dont have a very good fan base. 

I know it is everyone's choice, but this is a big game. I have been going Vale since 1963, and trust me if fans think we are bad now you should have seen us in late 60' and early 70's. Difference is we would have still  sold out weeks ago. I want Crosby gone, he has had a go but not good enough.

BUT I WILL BE THERE EVERY HOME GAME GIVING THE TEAM MY SUPPORT. I AM A VALE AND WILL GO AS LONG AS I AM ABLE GO. THOSE WHO HAVE SAID IM NOT GOING BECAUSE OF CROBY, THE BOGS, ANY EXCUSE TO MOAN. BLOODY HELL SOME WANT ANYTHING MOAN AT, THEY WANT US TO FAIL SO THEY CAN MOAN. WELL THEY ARE NOT VALE FANS.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Not surprised it’s not sold out. I’m going but for the fans that don’t usually come - why would you want to go to a game when we are on such an abysmal run, playing boring football, and scoring no goals?

That didn't stop 1600+ fans spending their ticket money and other expenses going to Shrewsbury. I think we've got a sizeable number of casual supporters who prioritise 4/5 away games per season over weekly attendance, and I'm not sure if the club will ever convert them to being regulars.

• Like 1

I don’t think the argument about us playing badly so fans won’t attend is valid for this game. It’s a quarter final of a major cup competition. This is literally a once in a lifetime game for a Port Vale fan. 

We also happily sell out away games, regardless of form etc. We sold out Mansfield (in this competition) and Shrewsbury recently during a poor run of form. 

• Like 2