onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

Advert

6 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

How many people do you really think will want to watch Vale v Middlesbrough on tv ?

Other than Vale or Middlesbrough fans not many I suspect.  People always moan saying why always the premier league teams are shown, it is easy to know why.  Sky will always show the matches where the biggest audience will be and Chelsea v Newcastle and Liverpool v West Ham will attract 10 times more than the Vale.

• Like 2

Sick of the moaning .

By all means moan if bottom of football league and attendances are plummeting but this is a QUARTER FINAL of a major cup and I'm all I'm reading people dissing the pricing .

All real Vale fans will be there makes no bones about it .

A one off asking the public pay for a kid of 15 .

It's not every game this is a special game .

Moan moan moan gets on me nerves .

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Higher because it's a quarter final of a major competition, not just any school night.

This is a once in a lifetime event, not a run of your mill league fixture against Fleetwood.

Promote it and make it cheap for kids.

Joe do you run a business? You don’t have the best product you’ve ever had and then sell it cheap. You know the customers want it so you charge as much as you can without pricing them out. This will be a sell out at these prices. That will show the price was right or even too cheap. I personally think this would have sold out at £30 a head. 

I expected adults to be 20-25 quid, so I'm fine with that. It's the kids prices for me. It'll be over £100 for a family of four (with food, drinks, etc) just 6 days before Christmas. Die hards will pay it. A lot of families with floating fans will choose not to go now. The kind of fans who go to your Swindons at home. We'll lose a couple of thousand off the gate but will probably make a similar amount of money. I'd have preferred the ground full with it intimidating as possible to give us the best chance of going through. We'd make millions from a double legged televised semi-final, rather than the few thousand we might make now. Shortsighted in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Sick of the moaning .

By all means moan if bottom of football league and attendances are plummeting but this is a QUARTER FINAL of a major cup and I'm all I'm reading people dissing the pricing .

All real Vale fans will be there makes no bones about it .

A one off asking the public pay for a kid of 15 .

It's not every game this is a special game .

Moan moan moan gets on me nerves .

UTV 

A lot of these parents will think nothing of taking their sprog to waterworld for £22 a head or even maccies for a fiver once a week. Just cutting one takeaway out between now and then will pay for it. Some people want everything given to them on a plate and aren’t willing to make any sacrifices anymore for something like this. First time ever we have been this far and people moaning. 

• Like 4

Just now, Mellor! said:

I expected adults to be 20-25 quid, so I'm fine with that. It's the kids prices for me. It'll be over £100 for a family of four (with food, drinks, etc) just 6 days before Christmas. Die hards will pay it. A lot of families with floating fans will choose not to go now. The kind of fans who go to your Swindons at home. We'll lose a couple of thousand off the gate but will probably make a similar amount of money. I'd have preferred the ground full with it intimidating as possible to give us the best chance of going through. We'd make millions from a double legged televised semi-final, rather than the few thousand we might make now. Shortsighted in my opinion.

We will sell out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

And if we lose? Then we've not maximized the opportunity and won't have a similar occasion for a long, long time. 

I think we've got it spot on price-wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Higher because it's a quarter final of a major competition, not just any school night.

This is a once in a lifetime event, not a run of your mill league fixture against Fleetwood.

Promote it and make it cheap for kids.

Who sells once-in-a-lifetime occasions at knockdown prices? I don't follow the logic.

• Like 4

It’s a history making quarter final HOME fixture… what is the issue? Do you have to pay potential long journey travel expenses? Do you have to pay a premier league pricing (Man U has been quoted) people need perspective - don’t see any reason why this would not sell out?

Once in a lifetime game of football at vale park! Sds very reasonable to me, UTV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1