onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

1 hour ago, WV said:

I wonder if £25 will be the cheapest league cup quarter final price for a long time? Wouldn't like those moaning about the price running my business!  I think there is a myth amongst Vale fans that there is no money in the area. I am a golf coach and have a full diary until mid Dec. Most of these are working class guys. I also sell 5 sets of irons a week (at least) at £1200+ a set. There is plenty of money out there . The attendance will show that those who want to charge less will have actually cost the club money if they had it their way 

For some people £25 is a quarter of their total savings or more. You are right there are pockets of affluence in this area until those same people lose their jobs and have to resort to using their savings, then end up on the penury of Universal credit and probably end up losing their homes or worse.

It can happen to anybody and it has. But as for the admission, I can see at least 12,000 attending regardless of it being relatively pricey for an area like this...although people can pay it doesn't mean there is plenty to spare

Advert

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

So you are you're saying is the club might as well charge £25 because people aren't going to bother to turn up? 

I've got to say that's an out-there interpretation. This is a first-time-in-history game for the Vale and I'm certain we're charging no more (and quite probably far less) than other clubs in our position would. The club have made it extremely cheap thus far and if some people have benefitted from that then this is a small amount to in effect "give back".

As I've already asked - what would you think is a reasonable price, given the occasion?  

First ever LC quarter final in over 100 years. Price just a pound more than a league game. Not picked for telly so club looks to capitalise on the historic event. What on earth is Carol thinking? Shame on her!

Will be a lot cheaper than the Wembley final a while ago where 10000 suddenly found the cash for travel tickets etc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smithie said:

I've got to say that's an out-there interpretation. This is a first-time-in-history game for the Vale and I'm certain we're charging no more (and quite probably far less) than other clubs in our position would. The club have made it extremely cheap thus far and if some people have benefitted from that then this is a small amount to in effect "give back".

As I've already asked - what would you think is a reasonable price, given the occasion?  

I replied earlier mate in the thread. £20 and £10 concession. 

I don't expect it to be cheap like earlier rounds, let's face it we played the lowest ranked teams and played mainly our back up players so it had to be cheap just to get ST's through the turnstiles.  

£25 will not entice people who turn up for 'big games' Xmas week. Fans will vote with the feet, I guess we will see demand when tickets are sold. 

34 minutes ago, DenisW said:
1 hour ago, Santa said:
Well done to Burton Albion for their sensible pricing of the FA Cup replay. 

Yes, and the Vale have agreed to those prices, as in all cup matches the clubs have to agree on the ticket prices. For all us supporters know the Vale may have wanted to have lower ticket prices and Middlesbrough objected

The pricing v Burton is excellent however if you went both the games it would work out same price as v Middlesboro in  a quarter final at HOME with no travel expenses etc etc 

I think once folk calm down they will pay and I reckon Vale wanted charge less and Middlesborough said No which is fair enough as they could well be going OUT v the mighty VALE so need there proceeds from the game also .

So of pricing lowered for some  games WHAT'S THERE TO MOAN about .

Supporting a football club is never going be cheap I go the odd away and all home (even if dont go I've paid for my season ticket and me lads ).

However does Dicko and his loyal coach loads who go everywhere get on .

They work hard and spend there coin on there club they love ❤. 

Pack the Park 

Edited by Devine intervention

24 minutes ago, MBE said:

I replied earlier mate in the thread. £20 and £10 concession. 

I don't expect it to be cheap like earlier rounds, let's face it we played the lowest ranked teams and played mainly our back up players so it had to be cheap just to get ST's through the turnstiles.  

£25 will not entice people who turn up for 'big games' Xmas week. Fans will vote with the feet, I guess we will see demand when tickets are sold. 

Fair do's...l was expecting those prices but at least they've not gone mad. Hope you and thousands more can make it on what should be a boss night.