onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton A (H&A) FAC R1 match thread 4th & 14th Nov

Fosse69

13 hours ago, For Us All said:

Not so good without Alfie and Ollie though?

Not so good at all given the injuries and absences.

So league games can be postponed, but not cup games, for international weeks?

Looking further ahead, with the Middlesbrough game being in the week before Christmas, we have 6 games in 16 days, starting with Wigan home on 16 Dec to Carlisle away on 1st Jan.

Advert

Two clean sheets in a week the one yesterday when you think about it was fantastic .

But still goals elude us .

As poorly yesterday so didn't go I ask those who did go to list our chances .

Any clear cut ?

Any you would have expected go in the net .

I'm hearing Uche was good again .

How do we solve the no goals scored too often dilemma .

UTV 

Two clean sheets in a week the one yesterday when you think about it was fantastic .
But still goals elude us .
As poorly yesterday so didn't go I ask those who did go to list our chances .
Any clear cut ?
Any you would have expected go in the net .
I'm hearing Uche was good again .
How do we solve the no goals scored too often dilemma .
UTV 
Had some very good chances and the goalie made some good saves. I'd say on application and desire we deserved to win, especially with 10 lads on the pitch
Uche was great his holding, strength and link up play is really starting to shine and come together, you can see why he was got in for the Vale
Hope your feeling better today mukka UTV

Just now, Bimbleabout said:

Had some very good chances and the goalie made some good saves. I'd say on application and desire we deserved to win, especially with 10 lads on the pitch emoji123.png
Uche was great his holding, strength and link up play is really starting to shine and come together, you can see why he was got in for the Vale emoji123.png
Hope your feeling better today mukka emoji120.png UTV

I am thank you fella the sore horrible throat has subsided and no cold or anything whatsoever very weird must be me Gilbert's Syndrome. 

Im sure the goals will come eventually we deserve them so frustrating not to see tge team getting the goals they deserve .

UTV 

18 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Had some very good chances and the goalie made some good saves. I'd say on application and desire we deserved to win, especially with 10 lads on the pitch emoji123.png
Uche was great his holding, strength and link up play is really starting to shine and come together, you can see why he was got in for the Vale emoji123.png
Hope your feeling better today mukka emoji120.png UTV

Uche, the talisman that we've needed.

12 hours ago, Blaster The Master said:

Battling performance today and would much rather be in the pot facing a replay for the next round than out of it. Garrity MOTM for me. Not usually critical of how other teams play but Burton resorting to booting Arblaster and pulling down Uche all game made that 96th min offside goal all the more sweet!

The linesman who flagged offside for that goal left us amazed in Lorne Street. He'd missed offside after offside after offside in Burton's favour and finally and fortunately got one right for us. 

He also didn't call shirt pulling with the referee. I mean Uche's shirt is testimony to the quality of the product. 

10 hours ago, valefan79 said:

At the game I thought definite red card, disagreement with the bloke sat behind me but looking back at that, for me it is a yellow yard, definitely think Sang would have got back, as posted, need to appeal that.

I think it was me sat behind you, it definitely wasnt dangerous play, we had a covering player, ref was to quick to get his card out. When compared to the Harvertz challenge for Arsenal V's Castle, which was classed as reckless and only yellow, makes Smithies red bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

I think it was me sat behind you, it definitely wasnt dangerous play, we had a covering player, ref was to quick to get his card out. When compared to the Harvertz challenge for Arsenal V's Castle, which was classed as reckless and only yellow, makes Smithies red bonkers.

The Havertz one was ridiculous. Both feet off the ground and launching himself - clearly not in control of his body. Mind you, the goal was questionable - i’d have been annoyed. 

16 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Absolutely pathetic fans giving a single <ovf censored> about Swindon while we fail and fail and fail again, you guys are <ovf censored> clowns. Crosby has been overseeing the team since Jan, get him out now!!

I don't think still being in the Cup is considered to be a failure, but I'm open to an explanation.

14 hours ago, andy jones said:

Thought our players today showed they are a class above Burton.

Fingers crossed we have enough players fit to win the replay.

Its an international week that week so we could be missing Arblaster, Devine & Thomas for that game unless we can get special dispensation from their respective nations to play in the game

17 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Not listening to it by the sounds of it either.  Commentators keeping mentioning the tactics by Burton on our players being taken out, shirt pulling and the black arts and getting away with it.

Not got a problem with Smith being sent off if he was the last man - as that is the rules.

The ale & vale podcast have given the officials 8 out of 10 in which one the boys is a ref.

By listening to the commentary yesterday, you would have thought we have had the worse ref at Vale Park so far this season

Archived