onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

9 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Not getting a striker is the biggest self harming action since Brexit 

I voted for Brexit, like the majority of the country, would have voted this window for a good striker. Most strikers are expensive and not very prolific. So, if we have got enough forwards to share goals around  fair enough. Otherwise Crosby will have to use his defensive prowess (gulp) to make us a 1-0 team. I'm not missing the German Euro woman spouting on our TV everyday. Would like to help the EU by selling them one of our aircraft carriers so they can put Belgium Chocolate sailers on it. The EU really knows how to run things. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Introducing our latest strike force Chorizo & cheese! Most likely to get bums off seats, make you smile & unite this adorable fan base. Whether you like to moan or clap away, i'm kind of in between let's get behind the lads & get the 3 points tomoz. We're all Vale aren't we. Enjoy your weekend guys, stay safe, enjoy the football & look after your families. That's what's important not how many goals Loft has scored in his career. If you can't be happy have an oatcake 👊🏻💙

69C1CF04-FAA2-44C1-A938-724659817C38.jpeg

No brown sauce?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

What is the point of being a fan of any club without the hope of progress, the odd promotion push, a good cup run, the scalp of a bigger & higher placed team.

I am a Vale fan, I was before Carol owned the club, or before Robbie Williams was making his annual gesture visits.

It is frustrating when the ambition, hope and progress would appear to be avoiding relegation from league 1. Make no mistake, whilst knowing what our lane is, a Port Vale fan’s hope’s and dreams are no different to that of a Chelsea of Man City fan. I’m a little bit concerned that we are becoming a play thing for other clubs, as soon as Spurs & Sheff U realised how good their players are they have snatched them back. Likewise the lad from Liverpool whose name I can’t be arsed to learn, he’s probably been sent to us with a bus load of baggage, he was clearly a big issue in Scotland.

Evidently Carol and her family have done untold good with their investment. I am grateful for that but has she taken us as far as WE want her to? If we are to be a club that is stocked with developing youngsters and loan players the fan base will dwindle. Aiming to finish 14th in league 1 isn’t my idea of supporting a football team even if it is solvent.

We need players who are committed to our club, real signings who we can identify with and who are prepared to put their bodies on the line. If any of our loan signings do well we will never see them again. 

Im not sure Carol realises how important it is for at least half of the team to have a true connection with the fans, we love them and at the very least they have got to pretend to love us. 

I am prepared to offer a degree of patience and hope my pessimism is unfounded. Knowing Vale fans as I do, there certainly isn’t a groundswell of patience and understanding emanating from the terraces, in fact a couple of defeats down the line and I can envisage a few more “Super Ted’s” invading the pitch.

Will someone please cheer me up and tell me that it isn’t as bad as I think.

I can't help you there mate unfortunately but if you sing  Always look on the bright side of life a few times it might help a little bit 👍

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Totally baffled by what's occurred .

Just seen the tweet. 

No left wing back or no striker .

It's unbelievable. 

How on earth do they expect results with players who have proved they cannot do it gamely the seasoned pros only perform well once in a blue moon .

Not one be negative but this is absolutely ridiculous. 

I cannot see it ending well .

You supposed attract folk to the ground not make them not want to come 

I'm astounded 

Yeah - but are you still going or are you off m8...??

• Haha 1