onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, Diego Maradona said:

Don't know that much about him, other than thought he was a winger or more attack minded player. Don't want him pinned back in our half defending. Want him further forward, giving the opposition something to think about.

Sproson confirmed as much on RS.

15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I understand why people think they should be able to say what they want.

My point is why they would want to… In my simple brain, slagging a player off could lead to them losing confidence which means they won’t play as well.

And I can’t see why I would want a player of Port Vale to not play as well.

Just seems counter productive to me. 

Each to their own though I guess. 

Well - we see plenty of that on here, IC...and they don't like it when it['s pointed out to them! Maybe, if we stopped being over-critical, some players might respond to that? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

This isn't really the logic or reasoning I would be using if recruiting players but 'There you go'. Especially, the geezer being from non league, scoring 1 in 12. A bit desparate.

I never said it was the  logic or reasoning anyone uses for a signing.  You’re just blinkered by a goal ratio stat. But it's not just about goal ratios, we all know how DC likes to play, he could be a physical target man to hold the ball up, he could be someone that runs channels and causes problems. He may have other attributes to bring to a team. He could even score the winner or get an assist against us. 

We’ve signed no one up front. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

Don't know that much about him, other than thought he was a winger or more attack minded player. Don't want him pinned back in our half defending. Want him further forward, giving the opposition something to think about.
In theory, that's ideally what wing backs should be doing most of the time anyway, with the supposed safety of a CB behind them! The problem with our wing backs this season has largely been that they're too cautious, and can't take people on. Whether that's instructions, ability or confidence I don't know.

I'm simply refusing to even consider that anyone at the club reckons it's sound to play half the season with Wilson and Loft as the only available senior strikers.

Won't even let myself think it. It would be negligent.

A striker will come in. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I never said it was the  logic or reasoning anyone uses for a signing.  You’re just blinkered by a goal ratio stat. But it's not just about goal ratios, we all know how DC likes to play, he could be a physical target man to hold the ball up, he could be someone that runs channels and causes problems. He may have other attributes to bring to a team. He could even score the winner or get an assist against us. 

We’ve signed no one up front. 

We can agree to disagree but anyway, we haven't signed him. Which I'm fine with.

19 minutes ago, philmpv said:

...On your logic, if a young shop girl doesn't serve me quick enough, it's acceptable for me to call her all the names under the sun and basically treat her like crap because I'm paying a quid for an item? But it only seems to apply to footballers

Nope - the shop girl analogy happens, too! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Not really. Footballers are entertainers. If a rock band or stand up comic is rubbish, they get heckled or booed. A footballer isn’t just doing a job, at our level they are professionals. 

But the fans of comedians don’t have their weekends ruined if their favourite comedian has a bad set.

Point is that people can say what they want… but why would they want to make them perform worse? 

• Like 1

Just now, Oggydoggy said:

Camping out in the car park

no - just on my way home from a late client meeting so thought I'd nose at how much activity there looked.  The photo was at about 9.40 and I took it to whatsapp a mate.   Some on here would be surprised how busy it was.  Several people pacing up and down on the phone, other moving quickly between rooms.  Someone (might have been AC) was playing darts, just pacing up and down to teh board.....look of an expectant father waiting for news trying to fight the nerves!   

Lots of effort, lots of hope and disappointment, and the odd success in those rooms today, but lots going on!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1