onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

I'd be wheeling and dealing .

If a team are willing pay 100k for Smith let him go use the money for a striker .

Do something Vale

Do not sell Chislett though .

Wake up to nothing news .

Do they realise in last 10 games there's being 4 of them we have had no home goal attempts on target .

Its essential we bring someone in 

Uches injured is he not or was it a smokescreen 

You know what, and I shouldnt really say this, but:

If we havent got the money and we cannot compete realistically in league one, I personally would prefer for us to be on a sound financial footing and be perennial league two playoff contenders - more exciting than the constant worry of relegation hanging over us since we came up.

Not interested in AFC Hollywood type scenarios - just plain old vale playing some attractive-ish attacking football, on the cusp of league two success

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Emile said:

We either don't have enough money to compete in this league

Or we have enough and haven't performed well with our signings

Or we are doing fine. Competitive in this league and our signings are working? 

I personally feel we do have money to be competitive - not top 7 but midtable. I also think we have some good players and I agree with the way the club are investing in the long term and the facilities. But I also feel we are underperforming on the pitch. What do you think? 

I don't think we will get relegated, that's for sure...no matter where we are now.

I feel we can compete against most clubs of our size in this League...but injuries haven't helped, all season - Uche even getting injured during the transfer window; nor have the various postponements we've had.  And losing Ollie and Alfie when they were supposed to be here all season! It's all disruptive and no wonder we've struggled!

Your reply makes more sense than the "spending our money badly" one I first replied to!

• Like 3

In terms of a striker signing, more than happy to go with a relative unknown if they match the profile we're after. Stockton, Telford, Maynard we're all expensive mistakes for other clubs and even at PL level, good goal scorers are increasingly rare. We've got to stay calm and trust the decisions being made... so far the quality in the window has been good. It may be that our next 20 goal striker is Dipepa. It's the way more and more clubs will be looking to operate.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WV said:

First bit is right. 

We don’t have any money. It’s as simple as that. We have a bottom 4 budget  despite what people are saying. Our highest paid player is probably on the least out of all the league in terms of a clubs top earner. 

How do you know so much about our budget and players' wages??? - or, is it just BS you've guessed at? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I like carol , I think she is great but I think it would be beneficial if she takes more control on the football side of things rather than put most of her efforts into social side of the things at the club , because flitcroft has got to much clout at the vale for my liking at the moment.

She brought DF in because she wasn't confident at running the club...only in running the business side. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

If we havent got the money and we cannot compete realistically in league one, I personally would prefer for us to be on a sound financial footing and be perennial league two playoff contenders - more exciting than the constant worry of relegation hanging over us since we came up.

Not interested in AFC Hollywood type scenarios - just plain old vale playing some attractive-ish attacking football, on the cusp of league two success

Interesting take - and makes some sense. People like to watch a winning team. Hopefully we can see a few more and draw away from our current position.

This reminds me of one of my old friends who was a Wigan fan. Season ticket holder for years - even in the lowly Springfield Park days. He was happy when Wigan were finally relegated from the Premier league. It was great initially being in the Premier league with great players, prestige, high gates, matches on TV. But after a few seasons of watching backs to the wall games, where some of the crowd come to watch the talent on the other side, with the matches constantly moved for TV reasons (to fit in with the TV companies desire to maximise revenues based on the big clubs). After a few seasons of watching them scrape over the line, winning the occasional game, getting a few unexpected draws, the shine had truly gone. He was glad to the step down into a league where they could be competitive. 

I think we can compete in this league. This should be our level when the club is performing well at all levels. Hopefully we can show we are more middle of the table.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

People like me who see things for what they are and not a happy clapper like yourself 

Do me a favour 🤔😆😂😂😂😆😆

You don't see things as they are because of the blinkers* you wear! Put 2 and 2 together and get anything but 4. Rumours become facts, and "facts" from the other village idiots become set in stone - even if you're shown different. Do me a favour!!!

*yes - I'm aware that, as a Happy Clapper, I can sometimes wear rose-coloured glasses...but it's  way better than being a miserable POS every bloody day!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I don't think we will get relegated, that's for sure...no matter where we are now.

I feel we can compete against most clubs of our size in this League...but injuries haven't helped, all season - Uche even getting injured during the transfer window; nor have the various postponements we've had.  And losing Ollie and Alfie when they were supposed to be here all season! It's all disruptive and no wonder we've struggled!

Your reply makes more sense than the "spending our money badly" one I first replied to!

Post of the day.  Exactly how i feel; I like Hoppers post, too, but believe we have enough to be an EFL1 team and fight for our stay in this league.  Without the huge injuries we've had this season I still be lieve we'd be mid-table - I also think we'll end up mid-table at the end of the season.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

So you not interested in Vale being competitive and you would take going down. 

You defo shouldn't say it why would a club take that (excuse the pun).

We do everything we can to win games in League 1 not go back to league 2 with 30 away fans .

If go down how does  that sell anything ?

It doesn't seen it all before going down causes all kind of bad knock on effects .

We get players out in my opinion who are not moving the club forwards and bring in players who can  who can do there job and do it miles better there's players who go work as a electrician in the day and play for non league who have more desire get the ball in the back of the oppositions net  than our defenders from corners 

It's proven that our academy players on the day are good enough to step up into this league ,we cannot be relying on them though completely moving forwards .

Let's not want go down though let's build slowly but have the right personnel to do so .

So I'm going agree to disagree on this post .

We must do everything to stay in this league 

Edited by Devine intervention

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

The subject of money is so touchy.

It's always easier to have opinions on what others should do with their money, especially when they have lots of it. 
We all have dreams of winning the lottery, but if one of us really did win, would our second or even third thought be to give Carol a ring for a bank account number to deposit 50m into? I somewhat highly doubt it...
You mention the Coates. Even though they've chucked literally hundreds of millions of punds into that club, their fans still want more and think it's not enough. When is enough enough? They're buying players for amounts that could fund our club for seasons, and still it's only enough to just about compete at the level above.
As I said elsewhere, I think the plan with bringing in Rob is for him to attract bigger sponsors and investors. Just like at AFC Hollywood. The owners there have chucked in cash, yes. But the biggest chunk of the cash, is from sponsors a club at that level usually could only dream of. United Airlines is their main sponsor. Why would an American airline that only function in the UK on a relatively small scale, want to sponsor a League 2 club with millions? Same with Tik Tok they had before. Not to mention the Amazon deal for their 'fly on the wall' thingy. Just take a look a their sponsors, and it's mainly big American brands.
I think that's what the Vale are hoping Rob can help do for the Vale, amongst other things.

As someone in recovery like Robbie is you tend to go seek your true passions in life when things were simpler so often you tap into a constant passion that was always there from a young age. For me it has been football. Its a constant and I have really built my recovery around the Vale, working voluntarily for the foundation and I have a meeting with Chris Turner tomorrow. Its no surprise that Robbie has done more and more with Vale especially how he sees how Carol's vision fits in with his own and his money will not only help the community but also Burslem and Port Vale. I honestly think there is some merit to the Sun's article and the evidence is already there. Think the next 30 or so hours will be very interesting. Notice Tom Ince is available and only went for 50k in the summer and lives locally. I wonder. He is still contrated to Reading.

• Like 3