onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

4 massive days to bring in a LWB and 2 strikers, 2 players have to be experienced or we are in massive trouble.  If we bring in more inexperienced players, it will be like the relegated season whereby we are experimenting with bringing in unproven players in the hope that we stay up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

Just playing devils advocate here: do you really want and expect the club to fork out hundreds of thousands on a statue, as things currently are the only place that really matters?

Thing is the club probably would pay for the statue, as its a community thing and then say no to paying for a striker - as we may be getting one next season.  

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree with him, but will he? Why not before? I mean I totally agree with currying his favour and think it is a good move but I think we will be disappointed. I think, over the years, the Vale have given him far more than he has put in. He gets free games and lords it up in a box named after him. He was allowed to use the club for a charity gig which was to fulfil his personal ambition to play at Vale Park, yet he left the pitch in a right state. 

Yet the greatest manager in the history of the club has to write a book to pay for his own statue! Sounds totally unfair to me and Robbie will probably get a statue at Vale before Rudgie. 

I just think Carol is a bit of a Robbie fan and the whole thing is a big celebration of him. 

You make it sound like Robbie personally tore the pitch up!

Yeah it's galling to see the adoration and general smoke being blown up the backside of a bloke who is somewhat of a knob. But I believe it's a calculated risk from Carol, definitely more so than her being a Robbie Williams fan. Give him the concert, give him the title of president, make him feel welcome and loved. Then maybe he'll put his hand in his pocket and help the club out.

If not then what has been lost? The pitch was a bit damaged and ended up being dug out anyway for much-needed drainage improvements.

Yeah it'd be nice if it was the Charlie Holland suite or something, but this is how the world is. And Robbie is a lifelong Vale fan, as well as a multi-millionaire global megastar. No harm at all in reaffirming his association with the club, not like he's Harold Shipman or Nigel Farage or something.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’d definitely bring him back, providing he is match fit.

If he did come back, he would know where the med staff hangout.  

But wont be coming as he has experience and older than 21 so doesn't fit the Flickers recruitment guidelines. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If he did come back, he would know where the med staff hangout.  

But wont be coming as he has experience and older than 21 so doesn't fit the Flickers recruitment guidelines. 

I’m only thinking till the end of the season. We gave James Wilson two six month contracts, he’s injury prone. Admittedly Wilson is a very good player when fit but what Gibbo lacks in skill for me he makes up with enthusiasm.

The pitch was a good investment, because it has been like a bowling green all season.  Can also understand postponing the match last weekend even though we could have played, the pitch would be buggered for the rest of the season and with 8 games to come in February, we need a nice, carpet-like pitch, as we have a lot of blood and thunder sides coming to Vale Park between now and the end of the season.