onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

13 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So who's coming In to fill the gap for uche now he has a dislocated shoulder? I think if loft starts more games he could do well but then if he gets Injured we only have depepa. So are we going to splash the cash and get a good replacement or are we going to get a back up for loft?

I'd say as it's now Jan 27th it's going to be a not well thought out last minute panic.

Uche could be out ages as per Plant. 🤔

Advert

Weir and Gore looked like players who haven't played a lot of competitive football recently. Williams didn't even make the squad.

The next two loan signings are likely to be the same - maybe fit, but not match-sharp. 

I didn't consider the risks of it till today, but Gore looked like a kid playing men's football for the first time, and looked knackered after 30. 

We're relying on a bunch of very young men getting it together very quickly - and it took Devine 6 weeks. Blaster had all summer. These players haven't got the luxury.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Weir and Gore looked like players who haven't played a lot of competitive football recently. Williams didn't even make the squad.

The next two loan signings are likely to be the same - maybe fit, but not match-sharp. 

I didn't consider the risks of it till today, but Gore looked like a kid playing men's football for the first time, and looked knackered after 30. 

We're relying on a bunch of very young men getting it together very quickly - and it took Devine 6 weeks. Blaster had all summer. These players haven't got the luxury.

You are right about Gore I think, with the added disadvantage that as an overpaid Manchester United player he is probably a target for every defender in the league. 

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd say as it's now Jan 27th it's going to be a not well thought out last minute panic.

Uche could be out ages as per Plant. 🤔

I think we need to splash the cash hear to be honest. We need to get someone we know can perform at a high level and we need to have them as a longterm signing. Someone that can compete In the championship if we get there in the next 2 or 3 years. I think loft has it in him to score goals I just don't think he has had enough of a chance. Even so, we need someone better than loft and uche in my opinion.

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I thought shorrock looked great

• Like 6

We need a miracle next week. Need at least 2 strikers and a LWB, all of whom need to be capable of making an immediate impact.

Looking like a couple of youngsters on loan but we really need so much more. If Uche is out for any length of time we desperately need an experienced front man

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

We really don't need any more kids unless they can come straight in like Blaster. We have been dragged into a relegation scrap. We are only out of the relegation zone because of points deductions. Untried kids cannot be thrown in to save us. But we've been told by the man in charge of things on the pitch that we can only afford kids on loan. I really worry we'll go down if Funso and Garrity are out for a while and we don't sign a real striker. 

• Like 9

We got outfought and outclassed in the middle of the park. Morrell and lowery had all the time in the world to pick up balls and advance into dangerous areas and lay a pass off. It just didn’t work at all with weir and gore in there. Sooner ojo is back the better or it’s going go very close to relegation. The two huge centre backs headed it away for fun when it came to them. We never got close to hurting them all game long. 

last season the final positions we never beat the top 8 sides at home. Lost everyone. We never seem to get up for it at home against the bigger teams do we. Yes I know they’re big sides but is this an indication of the way we play and as a team and set up? We’re not an in your face team who closes down and tackles we’re neither a big horrible team who wins headers all over the pitch. 

these are bonus games yesterday and it was very nearly a point earned but my god we just never get it right and seem to turn up in these games. 

fleetwood is absolutely huge. We have to beat them or I’ll be very worried. Two or three games in hand mean not a lot when you can’t win them. I get a Cheltenham or a reading will get out of trouble 100.%. The worry is the few teams above us winning and that gap will open up between the bottom 6 and the rest pretty quick if we can’t get a win Saturday. We have to simply use some money from somewhere to try and bring a striker in and not a u21 kid on loan. Ask donno for another interest free loan, ask Robbie, ask whoever but try and get someone in or this’ll cost us a lot more money next season. Possibly stay up and have some great crowds and make money against Stockport Wrexham Notts county maybe? Relegation will hit us massively financially. Season ticket sales, box sales, shirt sales…

We are certainly in a relegation battle now. We had a poor January last season when we thought everything was fine and save the signings till summer and it nearly backfired. Thursday night said to me we think we’re fine now with flickers reaction. I’m very worried if he thinks we’re fine. 

there’s absolutely no gain in developing some of the top talent in the country like Devine gore arblaster if the end result means relegation! Who gains from that? We don’t. Flitcroft can sit there all day tell me the way forward is to build relationships with top clubs that’s all well and good but do not rely on them to be your best players especially when they get recalled. It’s another way of saying we absolutely will not spend money and will hope we stay up by recruiting this type of player. Huge gamble I hope it doesn’t backfire 

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I completely agree, so true.

On 26/01/2024 at 20:34, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Not sure why some folk have a problem with loan players, just because they're not "ours"? 

I'd rather get loan players in who are a class above what we've got, like Devine & Arblaster proved to be, than to sign a few bang average league 1/2 players just because we can then say they're "ours".

We'd have absolutely no chance of signing the likes of Devine, Arblaster, Williams or Gore permanently, so just enjoy them while you can.

Just seems like we're becoming a training centre for other clubs.

Feels like we're more bothered about building relationships with big clubs than actually winning games of football.

This comment from DF on Thursday basically reads "we're trying to play like Man City, but it wasn't working and we needed to win so we scrapped it for a few games":

DF: We have devised a way of playing based on a possession style of play, but we had to go a little longer into Uche at times because we have to find ways of winning certain games given the run that we were on.

I like a lot of what DF has done so this isn't a dig, but I'm just amazed we're still persisting with this silly passing style that doesn't create any chances.

• Like 1