onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

11 hours ago, MBE said:

Sounds like 2 loans to come and we are done. LWB and ST.

Cant argue with that.

Fans forums as much as I like to hear about them they answer questions specifically they hardly going tell you they got a big signing up there sleeve are they .

To be honest if all our players were available for selection I agree with Carol we have a very good squad of players even the completely not so great ones are not that bad in reality .

However because of injuries and players  when they do return will need a few games get up to speed, if any more get injured asking a lot of the likes of lomax Dipepa and Shorrock as much as there potentially good players the contrast example in performance levels of lomax and Shorrock in games v Barnsley and Carlisle were eye opening that they could go to absolutely superb too making no impact whatsoever so personally at business end of season I do not want them selected for any away game personally with games becoming must win especially if those below start regularly winning .

So in a way they are gambling that what we have is enough .

I think we will be just fine personally , as Chislett is just world class and Uche if his hearts in it will for me in the next phase of the season net some big goals ,Wilson to me is absolutely outstanding since back and even Massey has improved somewhat .

Grant will come good can see him smashing a great goal in soon .

I think we have goals in us .

Defensively Adam Yates said we were strong I beg to differ lets hope Williams can strengthen us somewhat. 

We have a very good goalkeeper cannot be bothered look at how many he as conceded but a man of his excellence should be conceding no more than say 60 goals a league season his distribution his superb so I expect a fair few clean sheets now from Mr Ripley. 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

I wasn't there but I did see someone say on X (twitter) that there was a bit about us speaking to Chelsea about some potential loans.

They have a few England U19 left back/ left wing backs and obviously a fair few strikers.

Is this a rumour with legs?

Wonder how far it will run or walk.  😉

Good we are being linked to these clubs as possible loanees coming in from them for 6 or 12 months.  Shows we are being taken seriously now by them and not just dismissed straight away.

35 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I wasn't there but I did see someone say on X (twitter) that there was a bit about us speaking to Chelsea about some potential loans.

They have a few England U19 left back/ left wing backs and obviously a fair few strikers.

Is this a rumour with legs?

The obvious one is Zak Sturge, who they recalled from Peterborough due to a lack of games. The intriguing one would be Ishe Samuels-Smith, who was the new Thierry Small when he broke into the Everton squad ... that ended well! Dylan Williams hasn't done anything either since they got him from Derby.  I suspect there are more than those 3 in their squad,  they seem to collect leftbacks. 

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

The obvious one is Zak Sturge, who they recalled from Peterborough due to a lack of games. The intriguing one would be Ishe Samuels-Smith, who was the new Thierry Small when he broke into the Everton squad ... that ended well! Dylan Williams hasn't done anything either since they got him from Derby.  I suspect there are more than those 3 in their squad,  they seem to collect leftbacks. 

It's an interesting one. There was that baggers article a week or so back which basically referenced that the club expected grant to get into double figures on assists this season (if fit) based on previous stats. That's clearly not panned out, partly as he hasn't fully got back to fitness and a run of games (in my opinion). 

Anyway i think we would want to give grant time and space to come good. So in reality a lwb loan is to compete for the shirt and not a 100% guaranteed starter. 

I think it is simpler to get loans for CM or CB as there are more spaces to slot them into the squad alongside our permanent players. 

1 hour ago, JRC said:
WWW.PETERBOROUGHTODAY.CO.UK

The problem with quoting the Peterborough model is the club is currently 25m in debt. Due to the high debt level they now have some loans with 18% interest attached. If they don't go up this year they may be next season's Reading.

They will never be the next Reading.

Darragh MacAnthony loves that club too much

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Oggydoggy said:

Jake young is signing today after his medical

Perhaps you're right and in the know - I certainly don't know who they are targeting...

However, signing Young would directly contradict some of the stuff said in the fans forum last night that is the Vale - will probably only get loans in this window, permanent moves are too expensive in this window , the best time to recruit permanent players is in the summer, they are looking outside of the UK as transfer fees are too high etc...