onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Several managers , opposition fans have pointed out Uche as being the difference in tight games against us.

i don’t think he’s a talented footballer, but he makes the most of his attributes and gives 100% and has some passion. 

he’s a foil to the ‘footballers’ around him 

other league 1 managers want to sign him which is because they know a bit about football.

i see it , 1000’s of vale fans see it. 3/4 of the usuals on here don’t. If we lose Uche , we will lose the one player that can make a difference ( not every game ) but in some where it’s 11 v 11 standard players , he has something different.

and not everything can me measured via stats. There is not stat that shows a player who’s having to be marked by 2 players due to their strength, defenders panicking as he runs at them. He’s now got his first goal as well.

lose him and I can see us struggling.

Nail on head 👍

In a very even, often bland game of football, dictated by the same tactics that all coaches are drilled in, it's these marginal differences that make a difference, and provide some much needed entertainment.

Uche provides it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Several managers , opposition fans have pointed out Uche as being the difference in tight games against us.

i don’t think he’s a talented footballer, but he makes the most of his attributes and gives 100% and has some passion. 

other league 1 managers want to sign him which is because they know a bit about football.

i see it , 1000’s of vale fans see it. 3/4 of the usuals on here don’t. If we lose Uche , we will lose the one player that can make a difference ( not every game ) but in some where it’s 11 v 11 standard players , he has something different.

and not everything can me measured via stats. There is not a stat that shows a player who’s having to be marked by 2 players due to their strength, defenders panicking as he runs at them. He’s now got his first goal as well.

Spot on.

Some games he's not received any service. Others,when it's played up to him,he can win headers,shield the ball,turn defenders and they can't get the ball off him. Losing Blaster and Devine means I think we'll have to go long ball and hopefully Wilson can play off him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

That could be a question for the forum this week. Did Uche pass our medical?

I'll answer you that, yes he did,  or he wouldn't of signed for us, whether he passed a medical at Charlton we do not know, perhaps did, but couldn't agree personal terms

4 hours ago, JRC said:

If Uche is staying I think it's good news. Replacing him I'm this window would be very hard. He's also become an important part of how we play over the last few matches. It would be interesting to know whether it was all just media speculation or if someone decided to pull out of the deal. It would also be interesting to know Uche's position on the whole thing. I suspect he would have been a squad player at Charlton.  He'd earn more money as a squad player at Charlton than a starter at Vale. He's made some money from the game, maybe playing regular football is more important to him than 500 or 600 a week extra. 

As a footballer Uche is extremely limited. However,  in terms of just bullying defenders with sheer strength and power I can only think of Bob Newton, Kevin Campbell and Akinfenwe who were on a par with him. Wycombe showed you can build a successful team around a player with that kind of raw power. Akinfenwe was much better with the ball at his feet but way less mobile than Uche.

i remember a player we had on loan from Aston Villa, I think it was Keith Leonard. He was bigger and stronger than Uche and defences couldn't handle him.Scored goals too. He did that well that Villa recalled him and put him in their team.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Nail on head 👍

In a very even, often bland game of football, dictated by the same tactics that all coaches are drilled in, it's these marginal differences that make a difference, and provide some much needed entertainment.

Uche provides it.

Quite simply , I’ve enjoyed the games more when he’s been on the pitch , as you mention that also comes into it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, billbee33 said:

I'll answer you that, yes he did,  or he wouldn't of signed for us, whether he passed a medical at Charlton we do not know, perhaps did, but couldn't agree personal terms

No that is fine. I will actually ask the Vale staff at the forum on Thursday.

Debrah was failing medicals at clubs in the summer but ended up signing for us.

Which begs the question, are our medicals stringent enough in line with other clubs? if we are signing players that are failing medicals at other clubs but signing for us and we also end up with signings that have a history of keep being out for long periods injured, I would like to know what are are medicals are like.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mbycars said:

i remember a player we had on loan from Aston Villa, I think it was Keith Leonard. He was bigger and stronger than Uche and defences couldn't handle him.Scored goals too. He did that well that Villa recalled him and put him in their team.

I very vaguely remember him but I was 5. I probably should have included Billy Whitehurst on my list. He was strong a very strong man. I don't think Leonard was that prolific infront of goal but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

No that is fine. I will actually ask the Vale staff at the forum on Thursday.

Debrah was failing medicals at clubs in the summer but ended up signing for us.

Which begs the question, are our medicals stringent enough in line with other clubs? if we are signing players that are failing medicals at other clubs but signing for us and we also end up with signings that have a history of keep being out for long periods injured, I would like to know what are are medicals are like.

Well if you have broken your leg before, then it will not be the same as when you were born. When I was 5 I had no injuries, as you age things go wrong. How can you legislate for a freak injury that surgery has corrected. Some people are unlucky in all walks of life re health/fitness. 

Hopefully Jesse is able to sort injury issues out. If we wanted to buy a player in a contact sport that wont get injured, do they exist?

Back on topic I am sure we follow a procedure that Vale as a club adhere too. They wont say we take a risk  a player, due to insurance.

21 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

and not everything can me measured via stats. There is not a stat that shows a player who’s having to be marked by 2 players due to their strength, defenders panicking as he runs at them. He’s now got his first goal as well.

Totally disagree.

It's not about the stats and the only manager to come out to say anything about Uche was the Charlton manager that's actually come out & said anything about him unless you can show me any other articles different.

Uche was a player that was about to get thrown out of the club until AC stumbled on a formation at half time against Barnsley to save his own bacon.

Uche's then gone on to have, what 2 & half decent games which for some reason made him a messiah amongst Vale fans, where before Barnsley he was useless.

When AC gets players back from injury & and one or two more additions in, then he is going to revert back to the possession football that we had been playing because that's the way that AC wants us to play & he's said many many times this season that is our ID & philosophy.

When he reverts back to that, then Uche will be useless again but with what I have seen with Uche already, it's not going to take a switch of formation to render him not very good again.