onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

35 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

On the one hand, if someone offers any money for Uche and takes him off the wage bill when he'd likely leave in the summer anyway, then great.

On the other, if he does go we've a lot of business to do in under 2 weeks.

I know the club will be trying, but January is hard + expensive to get things done. If Uche goes, we probably need a CM and two forwards still, with hopefully a left-sided player with pace too. 

Is it better the devil you know? I'm not a huge fan but the attack is working with Uche at the minute and he's improving as he gains fitness.

It's smarter to keep uche until the summer and then go from there after , imo

• Like 1

Advert

13 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

It's smarter to keep uche until the summer and then go from there after , imo

I'd rather keep him myself but people pay crazy money in January & as we all know money talks. Be sad to see him go 

46 minutes ago, robf said:

You're wrong as they clearly were because I got multiple people reporting that post. If you really need telling then mocking a dead child is offensive you know!

I repeat please follow the rules. I'm not here to debate my decisions. If anyone can't follow them then I will remove them.

If you do follow them then you are very welcome.

Well I just don't see how a half hearted, tongue in cheek comment is mocking anybody, and especially a dead girl from decades ago. But I'll say no more. Other than that I could no doubt name those that reported it...

Can we name strikers in the Uche mode, who we have had and physically were " large and strong" but could not score goals? 

BTW Uche is a gratfter and I am not going to get banned for saying so.

I can go back a while, but some I could name would probably be playing for us now.

I do feel we as fans are not sure if we want a Naylor, Jones or a Beckford/Mills type . Oh for Cross or a Beamish

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Strange transfer business by Charlton if they want to sign Uche, they gone from wanting guaranteed goals in Clarke-Harris rejecting them, someone who will get you 20 - 25 goals a season to going for Uche, a player who will be lucky to get you 5.

Whilst not been a massive Uche fan, he has improved of late but one goal which was a mistake by the Charlton keeper is a poor return for a striker, regardless of his other strengths.  For me if you are a striker, the minimum I would expect would be double figures.  If he is to go however, we have to go out and get 2 strikers.

As we saw Charlton have a lot of pace in the team and maybe they want someone now who they see as those players being able to play off

I suspect the business model will say sell,sell,sell. At the end of the day Uche has a say in it and if he thinks his signing on fee will be bigger in summer when a free agent than now, he’ll stay. Could be just agent talk trying to push us into giving him a contract extension. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Crosby went through what I regard as a deeply mistaken phase of playing two unfit strikers giving each 60 / 30 etc. So numbers are inflated. 

Do me a favour Warren, stick to geography. Analytic reasoning is something you’re evidently not cut out for.