onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

5 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

We'll be rate. It's not like Devine was tearing it up every week. He had some good games, some poor ones. Ultimately I expected more from him in terms of goals and assists output all things considered. He was better played deeper but he didn't really start to do that until quite recently.

He made us tick post Blaster leaving.Opened up space for Chizzy and Wilo. Head and shoulders above anyone else in the team the past 2 months for me.

• Like 6

Advert

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

He made us tick post Blaster leaving.Opened up space for Chizzy and Wilo. Head and shoulders above anyone else in the team the past 2 months for me.

Give Uche some respect mate 😆 Devine got better, for me willo coming back in has made a big difference the likes of chizzy, uche & devine have played with more freedom since Wilson returned. His footballing intelligence & link up play is what we needed 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MBE said:

And was pretty ordinary for the others. He's a good player and will get better, but losing Arblaster was a bigger blow. Let's see who we bring in to replace him, if anybody, before we get too down.

Well we definitely need a few more midfielders especially with workhorse Garrity out.

I don't like Lowe in midfield in fairness .

Sang played well there I thought but did drift into Masseys position well his own when massey doesn't play  .

Vale will bring a few in im.sure .

Strikes me that what's happening now are signs of progress towards the stated aim of being a development club.

Inevitable constant churn of players, justifying the need for the backroom staff employed to facilitate this process.

For Oli and Alfie in particular, it's been exactly what was needed. Metaphorically, they've been on placement with Vale, and are now moving on for another, probably more demanding, experience.

One day, hopefully, our best assets will be stripped from us in return for good sized fees.

Vale are gaining a decent foothold in an already well developed system. One in which we were much lower ranked a few short years ago.

Edited by SFBT
  • Like 6

A blow re Devine obviously he is and will be a very good player best of luck to him. Arguably he just seemed to be getting into his best form as well but hey ho. 

Not to belittle his ability or be flippant but I suspect we'll replace him in some capacity, as we appear to have made a good name for the club with a view to signing Premier youngsters on loan.  They'll be someone out there who a Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea et al think needs a loan spell in league one so that doesn't worry me.  That's not to say it's easy and they will all be of the quality of Arblaster and Devine, but if we can get someone in at least to help until Ojo and Garrity are fit it will help.

It's more our ability to compete for permanent signings that worries me as we were already short in a couple of areas before the departures.

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Can you elaborate on that 

Their is a 19 year old player at Tottenham Hotspur of London called Jamie Donley.

Some Tottenham Hotspur fans on social media are saying that Jamie Donley is signing for Port Vale on loan until the end of the season

• Like 2