January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

9 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Devine recalled 

What a load of <ovf censored> we’re just been used 

Really sad news 😢 

Alfies gone 

Frustrating as he was just really starting to show what he could do on a consistent basis since moving deeper. Guess it works both ways with these clauses as otherwise wouldn’t have been able to send Kofi back to Palace if it wasn’t there. Does leave us short now in midfield so would assume will be looking to accelerate getting in a replacement in short order, maybe Dan Gore at Man Utd on loan which I think one of UV’s hints pointed to a week or so back?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Devine recalled 

What a load of <ovf censored> we’re just been used 

If course that's the idea. They use us to get him experience in the football league. We get the benefit of a talented young player for a while..Not unexpected and certainly not unique.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Well Warren, The Anfield Index article thinks we are the business, I hope they are not disappointed.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

He clearly needs rehabilitation from a staying fit perspective and re whatever went wrong at Aberdeen. There is big money at stake here for Liverpool. Plus we can see in the current Liverpool squad, as we can in the Port Vale squad now, a commitment to bringing young players through. 

Seems a slightly strange one to me him being recalled - I was more confident he'd stay than be recalled.

Tottenham clearly don't need him yet unlike Sheff Utd with Ollie. He was guaranteed games with us, appeared settled, and developing. I can't see him walking into a Championship level side. Even top end of League 1 will have competition in CM so he might not get a start for a while/limited chances.

Edited by The Hov
Update formatting

54 minutes ago, Warren said:

He's played 9 games for the Liverpool first team including 5 in the PL. He's capped at England U18, U19 and U21 levels. 

One of the reasons I'm of this opinion is the Financial Fair Play Rules. All the top clubs are going to be severely restricted by these. Arsenal can't afford a striker for example. Liverpool clearly need new cover at fullback and are second favourites to sign Mbappe from PSG behind Real Madrid. They could do with not having to spend £50 million on a new centre half. But we are 100% sure they need a new centre half at the end of the season. 

You're implying they would have to choose between spending £50 million on a new player or use Rhys Williams. Liverpool will have Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dyke, Ibrahim Konarte, Joel Matip and Jarell Quansah ahead of Williams in the pecking order regardless of what he does here. They also have Sepp van den Berg, Anderson Arroyo, Billy Koumetio and Nat Phillips to call on, plus whatever talent is sitting in the various youth teams.

He has a very slim chance of ever playing for Liverpool in the near future. As Andy Crosby said: "he comes into the squad and instantly enhances our defensive options". Hell of a long way from being an "option" at Vale to getting near the first-team at Liverpool. Let's see if he becomes a nailed on starter here every week and take ti from there.

1 minute ago, The Hov said:

Seems a slightly strange one to me him being recalled - I was more confident he'd stay than be recalled.

Tottenham clearly don't need him yet unlike Sheff Utd with Ollie. He was guaranteed games with us, appeared settled, and developing. I can't see him walking into a Championship level side. Even top end of League 1 will have competition in CM so he might not get a start for a while/limited chances.

You'd assume he's off to the championship with assurances he'll get plenty of game time. 

These "season-long loans" seem to be half-seaon loans in reality. If the loan is a success then they are recalled and given a new challenge, if they are a failure then they are recalled and given a new chance elsewhere.

Still, thank you for your time Devine

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sam Kelly&#x27;s Left Boot said:

You'd assume he's off to the championship with assurances he'll get plenty of game time. 

Re-unite with his U-20 coach, now manager at Plymouth, who have also just lost their previous loan players.

• Like 1

Ffs what are you doing to me Vale 😢 I am so privileged to have seen Ollie & Alfie grace the Vale park pitch! Bright futures the pair of them. Never fall in love with a loan player 🤦🏼‍♂️ All the best Alfie smash it kidda 💪🏻 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Why do we always get worse over January?

Still a couple of weeks left in the window, but can't see us getting another couple of players like Blaster and Devine.

I'm a bit concerned.

Suppose we've just gotta trust the process mate 😂 none of us expected the talent like Arblaster & Devine to play for Vale in the first place, this Weir looks half decent & Williams obviously has a lot of promise. I think we could have a couple of suprising loans coming in soon 🙏🏻 

• Like 3