onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

34 minutes ago, JRC said:

I have no idea. He was the only player who is available who can do much of what Garrity does. Does show how quickly football can turn around, in August he was wanted by Portsmouth,  Derby, Blackpool and Reading. He was very, very good for Morecambe.  He can play as a 10, right midfield, holding midfield, centrehalf and fullback.  I suspect Brighton are still hoping he'll come through but desperately want him playing regularly.  I don't think he quite fitted how Blackpool play. At Morecambe he often sat just behind the centreforward,  I think he even started an odd game at centreforward. 

If you want my best guess, Denver Hume from Portsmouth.  Alternative would be a fee for Adam Mayor from Morecambe whose a left sided player and pretty young. I believe Morecambe have money problems. 

The player I'd love to see at Vale is Charlie Kirk,  although I don't see it happening. 

Good article here on Denver Hume. Apparently cost Pompey £200k but has hardly played because of a prolapsed disc that then affected his calf muscle. Good player but after signing one injury-prone left wingback in Grant, can’t see us risking another.

WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

• Thanks 1

Advert

18 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Good article here on Denver Hume. Apparently cost Pompey £200k but has hardly played because of a prolapsed disc that then affected his calf muscle. Good player but after signing one injury-prone left wingback in Grant, can’t see us risking another.

WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

We don't need anybody else with calf injuries. he would never play a home game

Jensen Weir looks a good signing, probably better on the ball than Garrity and scores goals from outside the area which is always a big plus.  Already done well with Morecambe in Lge 1.  If he does well could we sign him permanently?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

WWW.PORTSMOUTH.CO.UK

He's been fit for the last 2 seasons. I believe his biggest problem at Portsmouth is he's a winger come left wingback,  rather than a leftback come left wingback. When they changed to a flat back 4 he's never really fitted in. His weekly wage is so high he's out of the price range for most league 1 clubs. There aren't many footballers today who haven't had a prolonged absence by their mid 20s. Grant and Wilson have historically had problems season after season. Very few players haven't had a single injury disrupted season by 24 or 25. Really it's then down to the medical to determine if it's a chronic problem which will keep recurring. In modern football Smith is a freak in terms of fitness.  

Realistically you want players to be over 30 games a season. I think Ray Walker was around 32 league games a season, Robbie Earle 33 on average for us. Both had pretty much full seasons for us and some pretty long periods out. Grant has averaged 25 games in his career (the same as James Wilson). Grant actually had a strange career at Plymouth,  two injury disrupted, followed by 2 where he was almost ever present, then last season. The big problem is if they have a chronic injury which keeps repeating.  If we discounted every player whose missed 3 or 4 months of the season at some point we'll be recruiting from a pool which is really a puddle. Whether Hume has a chronic issue only medical staff can make a judgement.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

He's been fit for the last 2 seasons. I believe his biggest problem at Portsmouth is he's a winger come left wingback,  rather than a leftback come left wingback. When they changed to a flat back 4 he's never really fitted in. His weekly wage is so high he's out of the price range for most league 1 clubs. There aren't many footballers today who haven't had a prolonged absence by their mid 20s. Grant and Wilson have historically had problems season after season. Very few players haven't had a single injury disrupted season by 24 or 25. Really it's then down to the medical to determine if it's a chronic problem which will keep recurring. In modern football Smith is a freak in terms of fitness.  

Realistically you want players to be over 30 games a season. I think Ray Walker was around 32 league games a season, Robbie Earle 33 on average for us. Both had pretty much full seasons for us and some pretty long periods out. Grant has averaged 25 games in his career (the same as James Wilson). Grant actually had a strange career at Plymouth,  two injury disrupted, followed by 2 where he was almost ever present, then last season. The big problem is if they have a chronic injury which keeps repeating.  If we discounted every player whose missed 3 or 4 months of the season at some point we'll be recruiting from a pool which is really a puddle. Whether Hume has a chronic issue only medical staff can make a judgement.  

calf injury? must be a good signing for us, he can join the rest😄:drink:😇

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Hopefully now Carol has confirmed that Flitcroft is working full-time we can crack on with the signings. 1:10 in to this:

The interesting one was that she spent time with Paul Barber yesterday.  Maybe Carol had quite a lot of input and influence in the Jensen Weir transfer. 

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Jenson Weir is 21 and on his third consecutive loan to a league one club.

Does anyone know much about his contract situation as has the feel of a signing we could make permanent if he enjoys his time here.

I believe it expires in the summer.

didn't Flickers say something about targeting these types of loans where their contract is nearing an end?