onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

26 minutes ago, MBE said:

Taken from X today. Do you think it rings true or wide of the mark?

IMG_0990.jpeg

lincoln 21/22 first team salaries were over £6 million. Doesn't support the budgets listed either way but where we are on the list is probably about right. Even if out by a few hundred thousand we are going to be bottom 10 in budgets.

3 hours ago, MBE said:

I disagree with the strikers.

In the 1st 2 months of the season we were desperately lacking a physical presence up front in the box. We’ve bought to lads to be that but neither are have produced.

I think there is a physical presence like a Tom Pope, with a good first touch and technically good "for a big man", and then a physical presence like a Mama Sidibe under Pulis-Ball whose main job was just to run and battle and be a battering ram.

You have to play to their strengths with someone like Uche. Asking him to play tika-taka is a bit like asking Lionel Messi to be a target man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

The next window will be a let down just like the last one.

Just hope we target players with a bit of realism. We need to stop chasing Championship players then wondering why they won't come to us.

For me, Chislett and Deborah have been quality perm signings - standout players for their clubs in a lower division than us.

I'd like that to be our model and more of that type of signing please!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I just hope a new manager is in place when the transfer window kicks in because if andrew Crosby is still at the helm , I really do fear the worst  if him and flitcroft are let loose on the transfer window . 

God forbid we have another window where we sign players like Ripley, Debrah,  Arblaster, Devine, Chislett and Iacovetti

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
44 minutes ago, WV said:
God forbid we have another window where we sign players like Ripley, Debrah,  Arblaster, Devine, Chislett and Iacovetti

Hell yes, that would be horrendous.

What other good signings did we make? Iacovetti is very poor. Chislett and Deborah great signings. Devine and Arblaster as well but both will probably go back. The rest have been very poor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Just hope we target players with a bit of realism. We need to stop chasing Championship players then wondering why they won't come to us.

For me, Chislett and Deborah have been quality perm signings - standout players for their clubs in a lower division than us.

I'd like that to be our model and more of that type of signing please!

Personally I think we should target decent League 2 and top end national league players as well as the usual mix

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

If true as it is in the sun so I aren't convinced yet,its an odd one because from what I have seen(only glimpses of Brazier i know) I have been more impressed by Lomax and Shorrock and even Dipepa but its nice for our youngsters to be linked to clubs

• Like 1