onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vegetarian and Vegan Food

Warren

Not really. Sometimes it's just nice to have something to chuck in a barm of a weekend, or have with mash when the weather's colder. I make the vast majority of our meals from scratch but sometimes it's nice to have something more convenient.
Anyway, my wife and son are both coeliacs. Has anyone ever seen gluten free oatcakes for sale anywhere?
Yes. There's a place at Weston coyney on Kingsway that sells them. Like all Gf products they go off very quickly though and don't freeze well.

Advert

38 minutes ago, chickensteve said:
12 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:
Not really. Sometimes it's just nice to have something to chuck in a barm of a weekend, or have with mash when the weather's colder. I make the vast majority of our meals from scratch but sometimes it's nice to have something more convenient.
Anyway, my wife and son are both coeliacs. Has anyone ever seen gluten free oatcakes for sale anywhere?

Yes. There's a place at Weston coyney on Kingsway that sells them. Like all Gf products they go off very quickly though and don't freeze well.

cat pooh😕

Not sure where all the animosity towards vegetarian / vegan food comes from? For football fans it's a single snack no more than twice a week? If you eat vegetables with your meat meals at home. you surely know they taste good? So, if Vale offered  a good quality veggie option, and had run out of meat meals, are you all saying you wouldn't take the veggie option? I certainly would - I'm a meat-eater who likes a lot of veggie products, and makes vegetarian options to meat meals for myself.

Knew this would go down like a lead balloon before I even clicked on it.
Would people have such negative responses if we framed them as ‘dairy free’ vegetarian options? Probably not; vegan is just a dirty word among Daily Mail readers.
I’m not vegan but too much dairy messes with my stomach (TMI, but it’s on topic ) so why not provide an option? Just leaving money on the table, otherwise.
This “if you don’t like it, leave it” opinion is as stupid as ever. We need to cater for allergens and dietary choices — how hard can it be to order a few vegan options? Some demand is clearly there because there are 3 of us in this thread alone!
And, yes, @Loggerheads Sage, FGR certainly do get criticised for serving only vegan food. It comes up every bloody time we play them!
If you only serve vegan food it's less of problem,but serving a variety of different requirements and the cross contamination issue arises

Warren annoyed and suffering from lack of patience when setting up this thread. But anyway, I hope the debate is useful. 

It's also hard to be a so called pure vegetarian. For example almost no beer is vegetation. Guess what! So I don't want to be sanctimonious. 

I'm in a weird situation where I'm a vegetarian by choice but have to eat meat by Doctor's orders.Only once a week a mind, due to the animal protein I need to keep my blood cancer in check.

The meat substitutes are a way to help people transition from carnivore to Veggie. I use Soya mince a lot.

Anyone who wants to change make sure you keep your iron intake up ,if not you'll soon wonder why you don't have the energy to walk 2 yards.

Been going to Vale since the late 60s, don't think I've ever eaten there.

On 08/09/2023 at 07:36, bycarspete said:
On 06/09/2023 at 15:52, headsup said:
Knew this would go down like a lead balloon before I even clicked on it.
Would people have such negative responses if we framed them as ‘dairy free’ vegetarian options? Probably not; vegan is just a dirty word among Daily Mail readers.
I’m not vegan but too much dairy messes with my stomach (TMI, but it’s on topic emoji23.png) so why not provide an option? Just leaving money on the table, otherwise.
This “if you don’t like it, leave it” opinion is as stupid as ever. We need to cater for allergens and dietary choices — how hard can it be to order a few vegan options? Some demand is clearly there because there are 3 of us in this thread alone!
And, yes, @Loggerheads Sage, FGR certainly do get criticised for serving only vegan food. It comes up every bloody time we play them!

If you only serve vegan food it's less of problem,but serving a variety of different requirements and the cross contamination issue arises

WHy? Serve veg products only at one point, and meat products only at another?

Archived