onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Excuse me,please,sorry and thank you

DazFred

As a Vale fan since the 70s I started watching Vale in the Hamil,standing with my Dad. Then to the Lorne Street/Hamil standing,then Lorne Street/sitting,2 seasons in the VPs and finally Bycars/sitting.

This season,my son and I relocated to the Hamil from the Bycars and selected 2 seats on the end of a row where we like the opportunity to sit"to the side" and have a bit more leg room. 

On Saturday we must have got out of our seats around 20 times for different fans coming in. Up and down,up and down etc. Not an excuse me,please,sorry or thank you. What happened to manners? The same few proceeded to go to the toilet and bar,and back again. No excuse me,please,sorry or thank you. 

In fact we stood up to watch the players shooting in before the game and people were even barging past without even saying anything. Why? What is wrong with society that we can't be civil or polite?

I've read several posts where fans are having a go at others for moaning about fans standing in front of them and posters suggesting that they move somewhere else if they can't see. Why should they? Tickets aren't blank-they have a designated SEAT. That means it has a row and a number to SIT in...not stroll in,make someone move and sit where they want.

Can fans please have a bit of respect for fellow fans and understand whilst it might be THEIR choice to stand,but it shouldn't mean that fans behind them,HAVE to stand up to see the match?

In addition none of the fans who are in the Hamil,were in there last season,therefore just because they stood in the Railway,Lorne or Bycars doesn't mean that they have the "right" to do so at the detriment of others.

This I'm alright Jack,sod you attitude really gets my goat.

One consolation from the match on Saturday was that most of the selfish sods missed the goal because they were on the way back to their seats too late...

Advert

11 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Can fans please have a bit of respect for fellow fans

Yes, quite right. Respect your fellow fans.

11 minutes ago, DazFred said:

One consolation from the match on Saturday was that most of the selfish sods missed the goal because they were on the way back to their seats too late...

Oh.

33 minutes ago, DazFred said:

As a Vale fan since the 70s I started watching Vale in the Hamil,standing with my Dad. Then to the Lorne Street/Hamil standing,then Lorne Street/sitting,2 seasons in the VPs and finally Bycars/sitting.

This season,my son and I relocated to the Hamil from the Bycars and selected 2 seats on the end of a row where we like the opportunity to sit"to the side" and have a bit more leg room. 

On Saturday we must have got out of our seats around 20 times for different fans coming in. Up and down,up and down etc. Not an excuse me,please,sorry or thank you. What happened to manners? The same few proceeded to go to the toilet and bar,and back again. No excuse me,please,sorry or thank you. 

In fact we stood up to watch the players shooting in before the game and people were even barging past without even saying anything. Why? What is wrong with society that we can't be civil or polite?

I've read several posts where fans are having a go at others for moaning about fans standing in front of them and posters suggesting that they move somewhere else if they can't see. Why should they? Tickets aren't blank-they have a designated SEAT. That means it has a row and a number to SIT in...not stroll in,make someone move and sit where they want.

Can fans please have a bit of respect for fellow fans and understand whilst it might be THEIR choice to stand,but it shouldn't mean that fans behind them,HAVE to stand up to see the match?

In addition none of the fans who are in the Hamil,were in there last season,therefore just because they stood in the Railway,Lorne or Bycars doesn't mean that they have the "right" to do so at the detriment of others.

This I'm alright Jack,sod you attitude really gets my goat.

You are absolutely correct but I would point out 2 things, firstly the cup games so far have been unreserved seating, which in my view doesn’t lend itself to sold out stands, and the second point would be that it’ll take a season, perhaps two, for things to settle down post the swap and it may well be that you feel the need to move, perhaps just by a row or two, but in the worst case into one of the other stands.  Keep an open mind and see how things go over the first half of the season. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Someone tapped me on the shoulder last night expecting me to get up and let them past. Didn't say a word the whole time. I thought that was a bit rude.

There were rumblings of a scrap early in the first half in the middle block, someone was persistantly standing despite being the only one to do it, and only being a few rows from the front. Someone else got removed by the stewards as a result, not sure if it was his mate or someone kicking off over not being able see. I'm all for standing at football but Vale fans squaring up to each other wasn't nice to watch.

I sit in the Railway but sat in the Hamil for Fleetwood and Crewe. Quite enjoyed the first game. Considered switching permanently.
Crewe game ensured I'll be sticking to the Railway. I dunno how the regulars cope. 
With what?

We purposely picked our season ticket seats on the back back rows of the "singing section" as we like to stand up at games. Not had any problems so far tbf. Never understood people who want to stand going to the front of the stand and vice versa.

8 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

We purposely picked our season ticket seats on the back back rows of the "singing section" as we like to stand up at games. Not had any problems so far tbf. Never understood people who want to stand going to the front of the stand and vice versa.

No problem with you choosing where to go for the reasons you have. That's called consideration.

As I mentioned before,ALL of the fans are in the Hamil on a regular basis,for the first time.

If people stood before in the Railway or Lorne and wish to stand,then either do as Mellor has done or try to consider your fellow supporter who does not wish to stand. Or even better,return to the Railway or Lorne as they aren't sold out and are still available unlike for ex Bycars supporters.

I've emailed the club to see what the protocol is on fans who refuse to sit. I know a fan who sits close to me who moved due to safety concerns last night because a Vale fan DARED to ask some numpty to sit down and was turned on. We shouldn't go to our home games in fear of repeatedly asking a numpty,who has probably had a few drinks,to sit down...

Social media echo chambers have now made it so people have lost the ability to reason, Everyone thinks they are right and anyone that disagrees with them are wrong.

The club aren't allowed to suggest standing at the back, but we as supporters should think about it ourselves, if you want to stand (Like I do) go to the back of the stand (Like I do). If you want to sit, don't go to the back.

For unallocated games, asking the people in front or behind you 'Are you planning to stand) might make it easier to sort these issues out before they become a concern

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

No problem with you choosing where to go for the reasons you have. That's called consideration.

As I mentioned before,ALL of the fans are in the Hamil on a regular basis,for the first time.

If people stood before in the Railway or Lorne and wish to stand,then either do as Mellor has done or try to consider your fellow supporter who does not wish to stand. Or even better,return to the Railway or Lorne as they aren't sold out and are still available unlike for ex Bycars supporters.

I've emailed the club to see what the protocol is on fans who refuse to sit. I know a fan who sits close to me who moved due to safety concerns last night because a Vale fan DARED to ask some numpty to sit down and was turned on. We shouldn't go to our home games in fear of repeatedly asking a numpty,who has probably had a few drinks,to sit down...

Swop to the railway stand mate. If I find myself next/ near some loudmouths I just move away to another area. Obviously couldn’t do it last night, which was a poor decision by the club. Opening the railway p. With the three old turnstiles would have solved all the mess.

12 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Swop to the railway stand mate. If I find myself next/ near some loudmouths I just move away to another area. Obviously couldn’t do it last night, which was a poor decision by the club. Opening the railway p. With the three old turnstiles would have solved all the mess.

I've emailed the club and let them respond Phil.

Then I'll take it from there.

The vast majority of fans are fine but the minority of planks are a right load of selfish so and so's 

Imagine if you went to a school presentation that their child was in and you had the seat in front of them and you stood up all the way through?

Or they had tickets for the Wimbledon final behind you,and you stood up all the way through?

Trouble is,there's no reasoning with them cos most of em are thick as a brick

Maybe the club could open the entire Hamil for every game, which would alleviate some of the issues.  I still can’t get my head around that one.
I completely agree. I cannot see any point or gain by blocking off one section. It never happened in the Bycars with less people. Especially blocking off the section by the Police room. Probably the least likely section to get problems. Also as the Railway terrace is home fans as well it is unlikely to be a problem area.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Archived