onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Excuse me,please,sorry and thank you

DazFred

27 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

as well as the standing, i think the exits at the back should be widened, in a crush, they are dangerous.

All the reports coming from fans about Tuesday night made me worry for the first time that some sort of crush or other dangerous event might happen. I'm not in a position to say what happened or not but the club need to take this very seriously because it could have serious repercussions for them, not to mention the even worse risk of injury to spectators. If it did, the authorities would be all over us. 

Advert

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

All the reports coming from fans about Tuesday night made me worry for the first time that some sort of crush or other dangerous event might happen. I'm not in a position to say what happened or not but the club need to take this very seriously because it could have serious repercussions for them, not to mention the even worse risk of injury to spectators. If it did, the authorities would be all over us. 

Rest assured there was no crush or dangerous event, in fact there were plenty of empty seats lower down, but folk who’ve queued for ages did get a bit stressed out when they entered the stand and found the back rows full so they couldn’t find 4 seats together in the “singing section”.

On a slight tangent I’ll have to admit I’m struggling with the very shallow steps in the Hamil.  Ok I’ve normally had a few beers but there’s hardly any drop from one step to the next to the point where descending is almost a trip hazard and going up’s even worse and someone, possibly me, will go arsehole over tit from top to bottom before long.

15 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Rest assured there was no crush or dangerous event, in fact there were plenty of empty seats lower down, but folk who’ve queued for ages did get a bit stressed out when they entered the stand and found the back rows full so they couldn’t find 4 seats together in the “singing section”.

On a slight tangent I’ll have to admit I’m struggling with the very shallow steps in the Hamil.  Ok I’ve normally had a few beers but there’s hardly any drop from one step to the next to the point where descending is almost a trip hazard and going up’s even worse and someone, possibly me, will go arsehole over tit from top to bottom before long.

A training video for you 🙂 

Having been in the Hamil End for the past 2 games (Carlisle and Crewe), I have to say that for the older supporter it is a bit of a nightmare. The two posts obscure the view from most of the seats not occupied by season ticket holders or you have to sit quite low down. I sat near the centre on row ZA on Tuesday evening but the two rows in front of us refused to sit down so I had to stand all through the first half. So I moved just after the start of the second half to an empty seat to be met with abuse from someone who then returned 5 minutes after the restart because I was sitting in his seat. I think it is time to move to the Railway Paddock unless the club open up the area over by the Police Box. Why that area is cordoned off just beggars belief.

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

A training video for you 🙂 

Thanks, but I’ve long since completed the online courses at work, basic instructions on how to walk safely, and traverse obstacles….such as kerbs.  I got 9 out of 10 of the questions correct.  The fact remains that the Hamil steps are a menace, and furthermore if Carol really cares she should personally grind them flush one Sunday morning, and form the chippings into a gentle slope on each gangway.  Family club my arse.

Archived