onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Managerial merry-go-round

darren1810

1 hour ago, Essex Vale said:

I think that the Scot Parker decision is not quite so outrageous as others think.  If you read the statement made by Bournemouth's owners, they make it clear that they need their manager to help them progress in a sustainable way.  Mr Parker, in the wake of the 9-0 defeat said on the BBC that his team are "under equipped" for the Premier League.

My interpretation of the owner's statement is that they are not at all happy with Mr Parker publicly criticising his players and the owners (which his comments suggest he was doing).

Managers need to realise that they cannot demand endless big money signings to feed their  mistakes then keep asking for more.  Bournemouth wish to be sustainable, quite right so.  I think that Mr Neill at Sunderland was trying to force the hand of the owners to open the cheque book.  He has found the right partner at Stoke, who happily throw huge sums of money at their distinctly average football team and feed the egos of their managers who splash out big transfer fees.  

The BBC did a good opinion piece of Mr Parker's sacking, I think they make so important points about what has gone on here.

Missed his interview but listened now and on balance I agree with you. Could be a job for Dyche this 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

The thing is with Bournemouth, is that they are just not a big enough team to be sustainable in the premier league surely?

They are the smallest team in the league by a mile and are arguably smaller than 22 of the current championship teams, they have done well and are massively overachieving where they are but it can't last forever, they are a similar size club to Vale if not smaller

Can never understand why they built a new premiership ground with a capacity of 10,000

2 hours ago, Essex Vale said:

I think that the Scot Parker decision is not quite so outrageous as others think.  If you read the statement made by Bournemouth's owners, they make it clear that they need their manager to help them progress in a sustainable way.  Mr Parker, in the wake of the 9-0 defeat said on the BBC that his team are "under equipped" for the Premier League.

My interpretation of the owner's statement is that they are not at all happy with Mr Parker publicly criticising his players and the owners (which his comments suggest he was doing).

Managers need to realise that they cannot demand endless big money signings to feed their  mistakes then keep asking for more.  Bournemouth wish to be sustainable, quite right so.  I think that Mr Neill at Sunderland was trying to force the hand of the owners to open the cheque book.  He has found the right partner at Stoke, who happily throw huge sums of money at their distinctly average football team and feed the egos of their managers who splash out big transfer fees.  

The BBC did a good opinion piece of Mr Parker's sacking, I think they make so important points about what has gone on here.

Howe`s management skills  took Bournemouth from the bottom of League 2 up to the Prem and kept them there above their station. They are not sustainable as a Prem club but can yo-yo if they are careful and lucky, otherwise yo-yo with L1. 

54 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Pete O’Rourke reporting that JFH gone from Burton. From a Vale perspective we could have done with him hanging on a little bit longer but that was almost inevitable.

john askey? dave artsmell? oneil? chairman of bass ? all suitable candidates.:drink:

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Job for Rodgers?

I’m surprised Leicester haven’t pulled the trigger yet. He must have built up a lot of credit in the bank from the owners as that loss at Brighton was a performance that usually ends in a sacking. 

Something must have gone on behind the scenes with Tuchel as I can’t believe it’s just a product of the last few games. Maybe he’s not been happy with the players brought in?

13 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I’m surprised Leicester haven’t pulled the trigger yet. He must have built up a lot of credit in the bank from the owners as that loss at Brighton was a performance that usually ends in a sacking. 

Something must have gone on behind the scenes with Tuchel as I can’t believe it’s just a product of the last few games. Maybe he’s not been happy with the players brought in?

The Fofana saga over the Summer has had an effect on both clubs, blocking the transfer system at Leicester  and failing to stop Dinamo`s goal last night.

• Like 1