onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club accounts

Iron Curtain

8 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I am an Accountant so it is interesting looking at this.

The most important part of any company continuing to trade is Cash, although this is potentially a timing difference as our trade creditors balance is higher than the previous year

We have more Cash (At June 2022) than we had at June 2021, so this is a good thing. 

The debtors balance has reduced but almost all of that balance last year was money owed by a group company to the club which has now been repaid.

The club owes in total £5.5 million to related parties or to the Parent company

This paragraph will be of good reading:

image.png.e3a6a17be6c6c94d8e00b770cabdd9e9.png

Also, seems like a lot of money was spent on Plant and Equipment in the year, not sure what this would be in the context of a football team?

image.png.c03e246740064508bcf50d56f39dd7ca.png

Apparently there is 246 people working for port vale, which seems to be a huge number! Although this will include all part time staff like stewards and caters I would think?

image.png.834512aaffb74dd892648e2d8d179d89.png

I've heard of Plant but who's this Equipment? 

Advert

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

On the employee numbers point, under FRS 102 I'm fairly sure you exclude casual workers as you need to have a contract of services. I don't know but I would guess catering and stewards are contracted in.

Perhaps, it is also worth remembering that the comparative figure is the period from July 2020- June 2021, ie Covid, so none of these staff will have been employed in that period perhaps? This would make the increase seem more reasonable. For reference, Stoke City had 276 employees in their last accounting period

Perhaps, it is also worth remembering that the comparative figure is the period from July 2020- June 2021, ie Covid, so none of these staff will have been employed in that period perhaps? This would make the increase seem more reasonable. For reference, Stoke City had 276 employees in their last accounting period

If the staff had a contract with Vale during covid, they would be included in that number. You wouldn't have been able to derecognise them unless they left all together. To me it appears to be a genuine recruitment drive that took place.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If the staff had a contract with Vale during covid, they would be included in that number. You wouldn't have been able to derecognise them unless they left all together. To me it appears to be a genuine recruitment drive that took place.

115 does seem awfully low, Crewe have the same accounting period as ourselves and had an average of 199 employees in the year we had 115

115 does seem awfully low, Crewe have the same accounting period as ourselves and had an average of 199 employees in the year we had 115
Your talking about a club run by Smurf though right up untill covid hit.

During 2019 you will see Smurf sacked nearly 125 people, then the club came to the Shanahans the next year and they probably had plans to recruit, then covid hit and that got put on hold.

That would be my guess anyway.

28 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I am an Accountant so it is interesting looking at this.

The most important part of any company continuing to trade is Cash, although this is potentially a timing difference as our trade creditors balance is higher than the previous year

We have more Cash (At June 2022) than we had at June 2021, so this is a good thing. 

The debtors balance has reduced but almost all of that balance last year was money owed by a group company to the club which has now been repaid.

The club owes in total £5.5 million to related parties or to the Parent company

This paragraph will be of good reading:

image.png.e3a6a17be6c6c94d8e00b770cabdd9e9.png

Also, seems like a lot of money was spent on Plant and Equipment in the year, not sure what this would be in the context of a football team?

image.png.c03e246740064508bcf50d56f39dd7ca.png

Apparently there is 246 people working for port vale, which seems to be a huge number! Although this will include all part time staff like stewards and caters I would think?

image.png.834512aaffb74dd892648e2d8d179d89.png

I suppose in 2021 we didn’t have any matchday staff to pay for which reduced the number considerably. 

30 minutes ago, bomber said:

Football s a very difficult balancing act! Trying  to make the club sustainable and fit for purpose, whilst ultimately it’s what happens on the pitch that makes or breaks the club.

It was what happened off the pitch that stuffed Bury. 

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

……Also, seems like a lot of money was spent on Plant and Equipment in the year, not sure what this would be in the context of a football team?……

I may be mistaken but didn’t we buy new equipment for the ground staff?  Tractor, mobile sprinklers etc?

Archived