onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Our reports are always very detailed and very fair.  Colin Garlick is meticulous with them.

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I suspect they are confidential between the club and the authorities. I haven’t seen any of them but I have spoken to him about them. 

My curiosity is such that I’ve got to ask how you can possibly say they’re “always very detailed and fair” if you’ve never seen any.  How do you know he’s “meticulous” and that the odd one isn’t a load of tosh cuz he’s been on the sauce and can’t be arzed?  Plus his hand writing might be dead scruffy for all you know, like a doctors.  Colin could be telling you owt.   Obviously this is in no way intended as a dig at Colin, purely hypothesis on my part.  I can only add that I wish my wife was as trusting as your good self.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

My curiosity is such that I’ve got to ask how you can possibly say they’re “always very detailed and fair” if you’ve never any.  How do you know he’s “meticulous” and that the odd one isn’t a load of tosh cuz he’s been on the sauce and can’t be arzed?  Plus his hand writing might be dead scruffy for all you know, like a doctors.  Colin could be telling you owt.   Obviously this is in no way intended as a dig at Colin, purely hypothesis on my part.  I can only add that I wish my wife was as trusting as your good self.

is colin a qualified coach?:onmehead:

Being a referee myself it will take far more than us giving him a poor mark for him to be demoted or removed from a game. He would have to get something massively wrong in law for this to happen. He was extremely poor and one poor decision followed another one. What he should have done with the handball is given the goal and cautioned the player for the handball as you can’t give the goal and send the player off. He was assessed on Tuesday night as there was an assessor at the game. His report will be compared with our report and if issues are raised from these then development work will be put in. Taking all this aside it doesn’t deter the fact that we are playing poorly, have done for a while now and we look devoid of any ideas of how to change things in any game. That’s both from the players point of view and also the managers. 

24 minutes ago, chrisbirchall said:

Being a referee myself it will take far more than us giving him a poor mark for him to be demoted or removed from a game. He would have to get something massively wrong in law for this to happen. He was extremely poor and one poor decision followed another one. What he should have done with the handball is given the goal and cautioned the player for the handball as you can’t give the goal and send the player off. He was assessed on Tuesday night as there was an assessor at the game. His report will be compared with our report and if issues are raised from these then development work will be put in. Taking all this aside it doesn’t deter the fact that we are playing poorly, have done for a while now and we look devoid of any ideas of how to change things in any game. That’s both from the players point of view and also the managers. 

The thing Mr Speedie got massively wrong was applying to be a referee in the first place !! It would be interesting to know his version as to how and why he came to some of the decisions he made . Absolutely devoid of any common sense , control , continuity and consistency. 
It would be useless trying to ‘develop’ that guy !!

Interesting point on referees and developing , last Saturday the ref was almost as bad , the ‘assessor’ for that game was the one and only Mike Jones ,  former Prem ref 🤦🏻‍♂️ so what chance do we paying customers have when one terrible ref is ‘assessing’ another !!!

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

My curiosity is such that I’ve got to ask how you can possibly say they’re “always very detailed and fair” if you’ve never seen any.  How do you know he’s “meticulous” and that the odd one isn’t a load of tosh cuz he’s been on the sauce and can’t be arzed?  Plus his hand writing might be dead scruffy for all you know, like a doctors.  Colin could be telling you owt.   Obviously this is in no way intended as a dig at Colin, purely hypothesis on my part.  I can only add that I wish my wife was as trusting as your good self.

See your messages.

7 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I think the issue with their penalty is consistency, two very similar incidents in the opposite penalty box were not given (for Pett and Garrity)

As well as their defender wrestling Massey to the ground twice.

I said before that in all the years I have watched Vale,that is the worst ref I have ever seen. Countless incorrect decisions rounded off by Coleman yawping across the pitch near the end,"Where's he taking that from?" and the ref turning round and making our player move the ball back. Add in their player punching the ball out of the ballboys hands in the second half too...

On 07/02/2023 at 21:54, valiant_593 said:

I don’t like moaning at refs and it’s something Vale fans do all too often. But he was something else. Shouldn’t be in this division again, and should be investigating for match fixing. 

We are dreadful again. A couple of ok performances, thought the midfield was ok but Massey and Benning were atrocious. I know Massey isn’t a striker but I’m not sure he’s a footballer, waste of space and made it 10 v 11 most of the time. Benning has been awful all season, I really don’t see how DC keeps picking him and playing Smith out of position to keep him in the 11. He’s played far more this season than last yet been 100x worse. 

Terrible penalty from Butterworth. He’s ok but overrated by many on here. 

Getting sick to death of seeing the same old tactics and certain players starting every week. (Massey and Benning)

Dont think we will play a weaker side this season so a point is disappointing, could have really done with 3 as we are creeping closer to the bottom 4. Not looking forward to Saturday, honestly if I get there and Massey is up front again I will turn back and go home. 

Dire performance. Dire referee. Dire opposition. 

I will give credit to the team for coming back. Also give allowance to our players for the referee disrupting flow in the game by blowing up and giving Accrington more possession and time on the ball through soft play acting fouls. 

If we look at this result absolutely, the point helps us but it leaves Accrington in the mire. To escape the relegation zone they need to get more points and close on clubs like Port Vale creating a full lower half of the division survival battle. They just tred water with this result. 

It can be a good point for us depending on the next 3 games. The pitch may even help us v Barnsley who can certainly play football going forward. If we can get say 4 points in the next 3 games we will look to be in a pretty solid position. To catch us up then the likes of Accrington need to make ground up and I'm not seeing how they are going to do that.  In furthering our cause the games against Morecambe are key. Win those and we edge towards 50 points handily and push the 4th bottom team into more trouble with games left to play starting to reduce nicely. 

I guess talk about us sneaking a playoff place is now looking very unlikely. But solidifying in L1 is all that most fans hoped for and remains achievable.

Worth listening to the Ale & Vale podcast. Bezzer, who is a ref, gives Speedie both barrels

I watched it on TV, didn't think we were <ovf censored>, as a lot of people are saying, just think - as we did last season, we are suffering from an extended period with all of our strikers being injured. 

I expect Taylor to be fit to start on Saturday, would love to see him partnering with Proc and with Butterworth in the hole behind them. I'd love to see Will and/or  Harrison on the bench too.

If we have a good strike force on the pitch on Saturday then I don't see why we can't win against Shrewsbury.  

Accrington is gone now.  Onwards and upwards

UTV

Since Christmas although we have dropped a couple of places in the league I don't think whatever club has been 4th bottom has closed the points gap on us by much. Maybe a point or so.

Don't see a 10 point gap disappearing that's for sure.

Particularly if a couple of strikers are approaching match fitness.

At the end of the day we are a decent league 1 team.

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Since Christmas although we have dropped a couple of places in the league I don't think whatever club has been 4th bottom has closed the points gap on us by much. Maybe a point or so.

Don't see a 10 point gap disappearing that's for sure.

Particularly if a couple of strikers are approaching match fitness.

At the end of the day we are a decent league 1 team.

At the moment the number crunchers have us with a 4% chance of relegation so still very highly in our favour, if we go down from here we fully deserve it as its one catastrophic balls up.

A point a game keeps us up comfortably and that in itself is relegation over a full season so hopefully we can find enough.

4 hours ago, Osh said:

Worth listening to the Ale & Vale podcast. Bezzer, who is a ref, gives Speedie both barrels

I watched it on TV, didn't think we were <ovf censored>, as a lot of people are saying, just think - as we did last season, we are suffering from an extended period with all of our strikers being injured. 

I expect Taylor to be fit to start on Saturday, would love to see him partnering with Proc and with Butterworth in the hole behind them. I'd love to see Will and/or  Harrison on the bench too.

If we have a good strike force on the pitch on Saturday then I don't see why we can't win against Shrewsbury.  

Accrington is gone now.  Onwards and upwards

UTV

Listened to it this morning.

We have Bezzer going mental and then we have Johnny's more balanced view.

Some great points made by Johnny.

The way that Accrington played on Tuesday, Vale have done this on occasions under DC, in particular, against Leyton Orient. Were we the Vale fans up in arms and kicking off then, of course nobody was. It's ok for us to do it but not anybody else.

Another great point made was that we benefitted greatly from the same ref against Accrington in the FA Cup last season, again, nobody on here was up in arms about that either.

I agree with the lads that the Accrington keeper is someone that I would like to see in Vale colours next season.

Archived