onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rico's Rumours and other updates

Chris 84

Advert

I think your right about Pope but that could change with the right partner.

My earlier point was that lots of players have been tried alongside Mark Richards but none have worked. That's why I think its time to try something different because we haven't scored enough goals as a team and that's what's needed to win promotion not one player.

I think he linked up very well with Craig Davies. They tore Chesterfield to shreds at Saltergate in the season we fell just short of the playoffs. The key thing is the players who've been alongside him for the most part are/were just not good enough. I don't think it's a reflection on Rico as when had someone decent like Davies he linked up well with him.

I can't believe this is even up for debate to be honest about Rico's value to the squad.

I think your right about Pope but that could change with the right partner.

My earlier point was that lots of players have been tried alongside Mark Richards but none have worked. That's why I think its time to try something different because we haven't scored enough goals as a team and that's what's needed to win promotion not one player.

I can't get my head around your logic here at all

You say I'm right about Pope being rubbish but we should keep him and partner someone else with him because it might change him into a striker like Rico who scores goals......but Rico who has 50+ goals over the last 3 seasons we should get rid of because he doesn't work up front with Pope...yet has scored about 10 more goals than Pope.....hmmmm ever thought it might be Popes fault?

how about we keep the striker who scores goals regularly and try and get a better up front partner for him instead? Surely that makes more sense?

I can't get my head around your logic here at all

You say I'm right about Pope being rubbish but we should keep him and partner someone else with him because it might change him into a striker like Rico who scores goals......but Rico who has 50+ goals over the last 3 seasons we should get rid of because he doesn't work up front with Pope...yet has scored about 10 more goals than Pope.....hmmmm ever thought it might be Popes fault?

how about we keep the striker who scores goals regularly and try and get a better up front partner for him instead? Surely that makes more sense?

Excellent post

Richards enjoys being a very large fish in a very small pool , thats why hes still here , he is shrewd enough to know that if he goes to a so-called "bigger club" he will just become another squad member and be expected to conform to the rules like the rest.

Whilst hes undoubtably Vales only real saleable asset and his goals per season essential to keep us afloat as a league Club, we may now be in a position, under new ownership, to raise the bar on the playing side and get some much needed better quality players in for most positions including strikers.

Its going to be the real proof in the pudding to see how MA rebuilds this squad and how deep the new owners pockets are - this will also have a major effect on how we get back up to 3000 "missing paying punters" over the new season.:yes:

Richards enjoys being a very large fish in a very small pool , thats why hes still here , he is shrewd enough to know that if he goes to a so-called "bigger club" he will just become another squad member and be expected to conform to the rules like the rest.

Whilst hes undoubtably Vales only real saleable asset and his goals per season essential to keep us afloat as a league Club, we may now be in a position, under new ownership, to raise the bar on the playing side and get some much needed better quality players in for most positions including strikers.

Its going to be the real proof in the pudding to see how MA rebuilds this squad and how deep the new owners pockets are - this will also have a major effect on how we get back up to 3000 "missing paying punters" over the new season.:yes:

Can't disagree with that.

So is midtable ok with u then it doesn't seem to be ok with the missing thousands.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion I pay me money I'll say what I want on here at the games I encourage all the players including RICO.

I dont think Williamson and Rigg are better they can go too if better is available because at times they have been quite dreadful also.

Popes too slow I agree but he always gives his all and I admit I want him to succeed cause he is one of us ( vale fan from a vale family).

Richards is average in my opinion for what we pay him we can get better,if he stays I hope we can find the right partner for him ,if he goes good luck to the bloke.

I will back all the players every game I attend and if stays I will back him as always have done.

Maybe a cup run with the new broom is what's needed.

Let me get this right you would be happy for Rico to leave, But you rate Pope? Pope is toss i have said it all season. Richards is 10 times better and we need to keep him and release pope, rigg, williiamson to get a quality strike partner for Marc. You haven't got a clue what a wand.:doh:

Good post and maybe Loft is another saleable asset of any note:yes:

I personally dont see why we should be breaking the bank to keep him, yes he has been the top goalscorer for 3 years but he is the clubs penalty taker and free kick taker.

If Mcleod can bag all those goals in a poor Barnet team, then that is a striker we should be offering a decent deal for!

Richards is a good professional but i do think he is over-hyped by some vale fans.

Please have in mind this squad of players have had a good couple of attempts of getting us promoted and have proved unsuccessful, we need some fresh blood who would make a difference.

A new goalie is a must also

I personally dont see why we should be breaking the bank to keep him, yes he has been the top goalscorer for 3 years but he is the clubs penalty taker and free kick taker.

If Mcleod can bag all those goals in a poor Barnet team, then that is a striker we should be offering a decent deal for!

Richards is a good professional but i do think he is over-hyped by some vale fans.

Please have in mind this squad of players have had a good couple of attempts of getting us promoted and have proved unsuccessful, we need some fresh blood who would make a difference.

I don't think people are suggesting breaking the bank. However surely we need a quality striker to replace the others we have who dont score, to partner rico?

We need to balance this improved budget and shouldn't be offering Richards not a penny more than he's on now. If he doesn't want it then say goodbye. Plenty of strikers who would snap your hand off if you offered them what we pay him and I will be controversial but I'd say better than him also. I don't think Richards is worh his reported 2.5k a week wages. Popey 850 a week, Williamson 500 odd quid?..

OK lets spend all our budget on one player and no doubt he will get his 15 to 20 goals but the rest of the team will be the same cause a large chunk of the budget is spent on 1 player.

Hope all u who r having a go at me are getting a season ticket we will need sell 6000 if u want players on the same wedge as Rico and the same outcome.

Im going to stop reading your shocking posts. So if Northampton are reportedly offering 3 times his current wage then of course we need to up our contract offer! What you suggest is that we should just offer him exactly what he is on now, its stupid, we will obviously loose him. Have you realised why so many clubs want Richards, even with his wages, yet nobody wants Pope or Williamson, two of the worst strikers in the league, and dont say Williamson has potential, I used to think this and then I remembered that he has only scored in one game this season. If Pope is on 850 a week and Williamson 500 a week then Richards should be one something like 10000, hes far better than those players, obviously that figure is hyperthetical. Yes plenty of strikers would snap your hand off at getting the same deal, most of these strikers are ****, and would only accept these because no ****er else wants them.

Also, have you not yet realised that we have a new owner and we have a much bigger budget than last year? Increasing his wages will barely affect the finances and is worth it. If we want to go up we need to let ***** players go, e.g Pope and Williamson and keep the players that are good enough, e.g Richards. No doubt youll disagree.

We need another quality striker to play along side Richards, e.g Mcleod. However I think Mcleod takes the penalties for Barnet, most strikers do, so a chunk of his goals come from the penalty spot as well. He is scoring goals in a poor side, he is a very good player, the same can be said for Richards, I cant count the ammount of games that our strikers have had no service.

Archived