onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rico's Rumours and other updates

Chris 84

Im going to stop reading your shocking posts. So if Northampton are reportedly offering 3 times his current wage then of course we need to up our contract offer! What you suggest is that we should just offer him exactly what he is on now, its stupid, we will obviously loose him. Have you realised why so many clubs want Richards, even with his wages, yet nobody wants Pope or Williamson, two of the worst strikers in the league, and dont say Williamson has potential, I used to think this and then I remembered that he has only scored in one game this season. If Pope is on 850 a week and Williamson 500 a week then Richards should be one something like 10000, hes far better than those players, obviously that figure is hyperthetical. Yes plenty of strikers would snap your hand off at getting the same deal, most of these strikers are ****, and would only accept these because no ****er else wants them.

Also, have you not yet realised that we have a new owner and we have a much bigger budget than last year? Increasing his wages will barely affect the finances and is worth it. If we want to go up we need to let ***** players go, e.g Pope and Williamson and keep the players that are good enough, e.g Richards. No doubt youll disagree.

i couldnt agree more:yes:

Advert

I think he linked up very well with Craig Davies. They tore Chesterfield to shreds at Saltergate in the season we fell just short of the playoffs. The key thing is the players who've been alongside him for the most part are/were just not good enough. I don't think it's a reflection on Rico as when had someone decent like Davies he linked up well with him.

I can't believe this is even up for debate to be honest about Rico's value to the squad.

You didnt go Bury away at the end of that season then?

Rico looks very good in a very poor squad in my opinion

How good will he look in a very good side?.....asuming we are able to bring some quality in how many goals may he score if he's actually allowed to do his job with a better than 'Pretty Poor' service/players around him?

Still, I suppose we won't miss him as long as we replace him with a headless chicken.

Wasnt he injured up until then? If i remember when he came back from injury he was banging them in.

If we loose richards its a huge loss and a big step backwards, I just hope he stays loyal as he has previously done and that Micky and Ryder can convince him to stay by what ever means.

I don't think so, I can remember him playing against Yeovil in about August time, He may of been injured throughout other parts of that season though.

He's not a championship striker, neither is he a top 6 League 1 striker. Do you not remember him in League 1 for us? It took him until March to score his first goal... He could possibly play for a mid-table League 1 side like Oldham.

We did have a dreadful team that season though tbf.

Mcphee or Richards McPhee everytime a super player who should not have been let go in any circumstances.

Foyle or Richards Foyle proper all round good finisher.

Cross or Richards great partnership with Foyle in promotion u

Year a very good work and quality ethic.

Constantine or Richards Constantine was brilliant with sodje I didn't want him go but last good partnership.

Brooker Richards Brooker a very good player helped us win the ldv last really happy memory of any real success.

Hopefully 2012 -2013 Richards - somebody else.

Pope has assisted in most of PVFC,s goals those of u who slag him off should be ashamed of yourselves.

Well done Popey u r one of the first I'd offer new terms too.

What are you on about?

As for the last bit, you seem desperate to get rid of rico ad keep pope? Can't you see how silly that sounds?

Marc Richards will understand that the Vale is a club with good future prospects.

With a few quality signings his goal tally will increase and so would his reputation.

He likes playing for the Vale where he is popular with manager, staff and fans.

An improved offer will cement his signing of a new contract, especially if it is a two/three year one.

Get a fiver on the Vale for promotion next season. We're going places.

If Richards does stay, I'd like to see him working better with fellow strikers. I fully understand that a goalscorer needs to show determination to score and i'm not saying that he is totally selfish in front of goal, just that i think he could improve in this area.

Richards doesn't get the credit he deseves off alot of our fans, its only if he left these fans would realise what he's done for this team time and time again over the last few seasons (abit like Griff IMO). Then they'd come out of the woodwork and say why on earth did we let Richards go, you can't win with some people, some people have there opinions and theyre stubborn with them and wont change no matter what.

Richards is a must to sign up and get a Craig Davies type player in next to him (like Micky wanted to two seasons back) maybe like someone's said Liam Dickinson would be a good addition. But give me Richards over anyone in our squad and certainly I'd take Richards over our other so called forwards who cant score between them in 3 seasons what Rico does in one!

Sign him up!!! ===

Mcphee or Richards McPhee everytime a super player who should not have been let go in any circumstances.

Constantine or Richards Constantine was brilliant with sodje I didn't want him go but last good partnership.

Brooker Richards Brooker a very good player helped us win the ldv last really happy memory of any real success.

Pope has assisted in most of PVFC,s goals those of u who slag him off should be ashamed of yourselves.

Billy Paynter or Richards?

I offer this as a possible translation.......my text in red.

Given the choice between:

Mcphee or Richards: McPhee everytime, a super player who should not have been let go in any circumstances.

Foyle or Richards: Foyle, proper all round good finisher.

Cross or Richards: Cross, great partnership with Foyle in promotion year; a very good work and quality ethic.

Constantine or Richards: Constantine, was brilliant with Sodje, I didn't want him go but last good partnership.

Brooker or Richards: Brooker, a very good player helped us win the ldv; last really happy memory of any real success.

I'll let the last bit stand - I'd just like it to be known I don't agree at all.

What are you on about? I will hold my hands up and say i have given Rico some stick in games, Right or wrong i'm not sure but i no he his by far the best striker at the club. I Don't get how you can say that Pope would be the first player you would give a deal to???? Are you his friend do you drink with him in the Sneyd?? Because if you have played the game at any level like i have you would realise he is a poor player with no ability and he must be the slowest footballer i have ever seen. If Mickey Adams want Promotion next season he needs to release all of the dross we have up front, And get a top strike partner with Marc.

Archived