onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

If we can pick up a decent tally of points over the next 7 weeks until end the of January, we will pretty much secure our L1 status for another season. We can then see how high we can finish. I think we have a good squad with players who can come in and not cause a big decline in performance when games are one after another. Maybe in this situation some change to accommodate their style of play and nature of players. 

This game is an an opportunity to stretch away from BR and leave them nearer the bottom. Lose and they close up again, albeit we can lose 4 games running now still be clear of the bottom 4.

Aside from the Oxford setback we have been better in defence and need to continue that here to get the result. Keep them out and we have a good level of attacking and finishing power up front to get the 3 points. This looks a stadium being nudged to the end of its usable life but make-do stands can create a good cup like atmosphere. So the team needs to be ready for a battle again. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I'm hoping there is a sand storm and the game gets postponed. If not I will have to watch it from a hotel room. It's messing up my little exploration of local real ale pubs. Have to see if my lad is going back to London or staying over as well; exploration may be back on if he and his mate are out. 

33 minutes ago, Warren said:

I'm hoping there is a sand storm and the game gets postponed. If not I will have to watch it from a hotel room. It's messing up my little exploration of local real ale pubs. Have to see if my lad is going back to London or staying over as well; exploration may be back on if he and his mate are out. 

Head down to Welsh back and King Street, some good real ale pubs there.

If we can pick up a decent tally of points over the next 7 weeks until end the of January, we will pretty much secure our L1 status for another season. We can then see how high we can finish. I think we have a good squad with players who can come in and not cause a big decline in performance when games are one after another. Maybe in this situation some change to accommodate their style of play and nature of players. 
This game is an an opportunity to stretch away from BR and leave them nearer the bottom. Lose and they close up again, albeit we can lose 4 games running now still be clear of the bottom 4.
Aside from the Oxford setback we have been better in defence and need to continue that here to get the result. Keep them out and we have a good level of attacking and finishing power up front to get the 3 points. This looks a stadium being nudged to the end of its usable life but make-do stands can create a good cup like atmosphere. So the team needs to be ready for a battle again. 
Not had a proper ground since they left Eastville in 1986 when it became a supermarket, then 10 years in Bath, followed by the old rugby ground they use now pending a new ground one day. I am glad we have Vale Park, it needs some care and attention but it is fantastic in comparison.

Bristol a nightmare city for traffic, decided to drive down now and will stop on the way back to watch the England game, hopefully can get to somewhere like Worcester well before 7.00.
Reminds me of the 66 Final, we won't be in it, went on holiday and stood at the back of the hotel lounge and listened to the score as it was passed back by the people around the 12 inch TV.

Boreham Wood won 2-0 at BR in the FA Cup recently. So I looked at their stats. 

29% possession but still managed 15 shots and 5 on target yielding the 2 goals. Over 300 passes behind BR in midfield. BR had 17 shots but only 2 on target. There is stuff in these stats to exploit for DC. Key remains defensive solidity and we can go from there.

11 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Bristol a nightmare city for traffic, decided to drive down now and will stop on the way back to watch the England game, hopefully can get to somewhere like Worcester well before 7.00.

You don't need to go anywhere near the city centre. The Memorial Ground is on the north side of the city as you approach from the M4. It's a very direct route back to the motorway afterwards. 

And use an old trick my Dad taught me...always park facing away from the ground so you can get straight off. 

Archived