onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

10 hours ago, dishydave said:
17 hours ago, LancyTony said:
We don't really know what the wage structure is, so we don't know whether it's competitive or not?  We knew...roughly...what the L2 structure was, but as soon as we got promotion the L2 contracts were ripped up and new L1 contracts offered - so, presumably, there would have been a wage increase to reflect this?

There was Carol did an interview recently saying promotion bonuses and automatic wage increases had cost a fortune.

She signed the contracts right?

Advert

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

As good as this spreadsheet is I can’t help but think from my own experience with a newborn that you’d be far better off catching up on some shuteye yourself when the little one’s asleep, or, if you’re hellbent on compiling a spreadsheet, one showing sleeping patterns against feed times and nappy changes may be more the order of he day…..Congratulations by the way 👍🏻

Not looking to derail the thread but I've got an app doing that for me already - and missing the spreadsheets at work 😉

15 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Did they confirm at the meeting McCarron is still on loan with us? Saw a tweet where DC said we have 7 players on loan. 

DC said he saw no problem with having 7 players on loan as we have a lot of matches coming up. But still a mystery, listed in the first team but is he injured and receiving treatment elsewhere?

6 hours ago, The French Connection said:

The price of success. Tho you'd hope the increased gates would have made an equally big difference. 

Absolutely. In fact the crowds are bigger than when we went up last time. Reality is though aside from 3 fellow clubs everyone else had the benefit of league 1 or Championship money the previous season while we had gates support by away fans from the likes of Harrogate, Stevenage and Barrow. 

10 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely. In fact the crowds are bigger than when we went up last time. Reality is though aside from 3 fellow clubs everyone else had the benefit of league 1 or Championship money the previous season while we had gates support by away fans from the likes of Harrogate, Stevenage and Barrow. 

3 clubs with parachute money

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Just had a look at the table, we are a point ahead of Oxford with two games in hand..never thought of that but I’ve never known such a clear rival in the table give us such a helping hand with a quality loan. 

Yeah that's really odd. Robinson's under huge pressure and you'd think he's want to keep all his players in the building rather than lending them to teams around them. 

1 hour ago, robf said:

Yeah that's really odd. Robinson's under huge pressure and you'd think he's want to keep all his players in the building rather than lending them to teams around them. 

They signed two forwards, Ateef Konate and Tyler Smith on loan which pushed Taylor down the pecking order. Although it does seem very odd given his previous scoring record!

1 hour ago, robf said:

I suppose from Robinson`s point of view he has only scored 3 goals this season, why I don`t know. We will find out, whether it was service, form, or whatever. At least DC knows all about him, in DC I trust.

Archived