onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

A cursory glance through this thread shows we have some level of alignment between supporters ... a really hard game for both teams with a draw about the right result.

Bolton played almost a text book game when down to 10  men,  disciplined in defence while still managing to offer a goal threat. For Vale there's no doubt the signings have lifted the ability of the team to look like they will be competitive in league 1, which has to be our aim this season. 

Of course its early days and we have only played a single away game which we lost 4 - 0 so a lot of work to do throughout the season but i| definitely feel like we will be competitive now having seen the performance of the new guys.

Now the dust has settled on the sending off I dont think Bolton can have too many complaints ... lucky to avoid a straight red with his two armed shove to the chest / neck for the first booking followed by a couple of more fouls followed by dragging someone back on the half way line... its his own fault on that incident he got wrong side his man.

Rubbish highlights package on ITV, I really wanted to see that save again from their keeper... I thought it was right up there with any save I ve seen !

Advert

A cursory glance through this thread shows we have some level of alignment between supporters ... a really hard game for both teams with a draw about the right result.
Bolton played almost a text book game when down to 10  men,  disciplined in defence while still managing to offer a goal threat. For Vale there's no doubt the signings have lifted the ability of the team to look like they will be competitive in league 1, which has to be our aim this season. 
Of course its early days and we have only played a single away game which we lost 4 - 0 so a lot of work to do throughout the season but i| definitely feel like we will be competitive now having seen the performance of the new guys.
Now the dust has settled on the sending off I dont think Bolton can have too many complaints ... lucky to avoid a straight red with his two armed shove to the chest / neck for the first booking followed by a couple of more fouls followed by dragging someone back on the half way line... its his own fault on that incident he got wrong side his man.
Rubbish highlights package on ITV, I really wanted to see that save again from their keeper... I thought it was right up there with any save I ve seen !

That save was probably better than I first thought.The goalie went to go right but then had to dive left.Ifollow extended highlights will always be my option.

6 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

That save was probably better than I first thought.The goalie went to go right but then had to dive left.Ifollow extended highlights will always be my option.

My favourite save - the wrong term I know - was back in the 1990's v Middlesbrough at Vale Park when Mark Schwarzer saved a half volley from I think Porter. But that aside both keepers had great games and also I would say the last ditch defending was excellent for both teams.

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/boslemduck/status/1558501864089460736?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1558501864089460736|twgr^d662dc671f512d1040be14b9b31b9dbbb3fb2a51|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefootballforum.net%2Fthreads%2Fsaturday-13th-august-2022.23915%2Fpage-7

1 hour ago, Bob Newtonian said:

This could be the start of a whole new thread !

My favourite  was when the mud at the Hamil end  grabbed hold of John Regis's pathetic effort in the Vale v Stoke derby many moons ago.

Dave will be happy that people are forgetting it was him.

John was much better at the 200m than football, although he’d probably have had the good sense to try and lift the ball instead of rolling it in the net. 

19 hours ago, Matlock Vale said:
20 hours ago, JSValiant said:
I thought we would not find a club, management and supporters so biased and full of themselves as much as Swindon but how wrong was I.
Bolton are absolutely the worst I have come across and by the way, Swindon could play a bit when they wanted.
It’s made me feel Sorry Bury went to the wall and Bolton didn’t.

They've moaned about everything. Even using the race card for the sending off.

We all moan about referees when a decision goes against us, but at the end of the day i don't believe that any referee is biased or a cheat. Its just that some are less proficient than others. However, to accuse a referee of being racist is totally out of order. Someone should be challenging Bolton to make a statement on their fans chanting.

36 minutes ago, Santa said:

John was much better at the 200m than football, although he’d probably have had the good sense to try and lift the ball instead of rolling it in the net. 

It didn’t take long for  the Maestro Martin Foyle to show the lump Regis how it should be done.

57 minutes ago, Santa said:

nice one.... been so much athletics on tv lately its confused me !

8 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Thanks a lot.... it was a fantastic save.

It was miraculous damn it. I was already celebrating the goal. One of those games both keepers deserved a clean sheet maybe. It was definitely an entertaining game and credit to both sides for that.  Thought the ref got all the big decisions right. Their bloke reminded me of the Mansfield bloke in the play-off final. Looked like he was looking to get sent off.

If they weren't already one down sure the bloke who committed a yellow card offense while being yellow carded would also have gone.  The over the line thing never even looked close to me. In real time or replay. Think it hit their lad then Smithy hacked it clear.

It's surprising how often fair minded fans actually do just agree after a game.

15 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Thanks a lot.... it was a fantastic save.

The goalie loved himself but he looks to be one for the future.

Looks a great prospect. Didn't like the falling to the floor business all the time but let's face it 99% of keepers are up to antics including our own. 

I'm Bycars so was relatively close , it seemed impossible at the time that he'd saved it. Brilliant reactions. The git ! 

15 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Thought Mal had a decent game but he put very little of any quality into the box. If you watch the highlights our better chances in the second half came from crosses or balls coming over from the right.

I don’t need to watch the highlights.  He put a few good balls in and generally looked a threat until, like everyone else, he tired.  Not a lot went down our right until Massey came on, who looked dangerous, but even he put a couple straight into their keeper and was guilty of overplaying a bit at times.  On his day Worrall is the most consistent crosser of the wide players.  Him and Massey will offer good variation down that side.  The little bit we’ve seen so far suggests Massey looks more capable of driving into the box and getting to the byline. 

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Looks a great prospect. Didn't like the falling to the floor business all the time but let's face it 99% of keepers are up to antics including our own. 

I'm Bycars so was relatively close , it seemed impossible at the time that he'd saved it. Brilliant reactions. The git ! 

We were in line and without watching it back we felt if the ball hit the deck a bit closer to the line it goes under the keepers arm, as it was it bounced up and he got good contact.  Fine margins as they say.  Overall there were a few times in both goalmouths when the ball didn’t run for us, maybe that was due to Bolton getting numbers in there.

Archived