onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

Sometimes a heavy defeat is better than a narrow 1 0 defeat as it gives everyone a kick up the ****, usually gets a reaction and lowers supporter expectations which can, in turn, reduce the pressure on the team. 

Obviously the goal difference suffers, but if it's a "one off" heavy defeat, and it prompts us to tighten up at the back, then it's bot the end of the world.

Clearly the reaction now, and the essential signing of a striker, and the results over the next eight games will tell us what type of season we're going to have.

UTV! 

Yes, one of Carol's learning experiences,🙃

Advert

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

One thing I find hugely concerning is the amount of injuries we consistently have. Didnt DC say this was a big problem with the previous management team? Yet we are constantly getting long term injuries, signing injury prone players and picking up loads of injuries in training. 

Certainly one that keeps coming back to haunt him.

4 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Didn’t watch the game so can’t say much really apart from wow that’s  brought us back down to earth 🙈 

I’ll defend everything about the club to the death but it’s hard to defend the gibbo situation 

Why,the club offered him a deal and he refused it.

Just now, For Us All said:

Why,the club offered him a deal and he refused it.

From what I've heard the club disrespected Gibbo and were trying to take advantage of the fact he was loyal to Vale and had been since an 11year old. They did not pay him his worth. Joey Barton rang him up, met him and a deal was done the next day. The club knew nothing and  tbh they did not make Gibbo feel wanted, he was hurt. Big loss to the Vale imo.

12 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Yes - with 3 points more than we got last season in a lower League!

Don't we usually suggest we wait 10 games before an assessment - you know,  because of players coming in and needing to gel?

You can bet that the other 9 League One teams on 3 points after 2 games will be saying the same?

Did not get back until late so first chance to post, thought it was an embarassing performance and for me lucky to be only 4, they missed 3 sitters second half.  We were never at the races at all and yes the first was a wonder goal, the second was a soft penalty but if we are honest, we were never in the game and never had any good passing moves, in 90 minutes, I can't remember a 5 minute spell when we were on top.  It looked like a game between 2 teams who were 2 leagues apart last season, not in the same league. 

We are massively under prepared for the season ahead and without 4 or 5 additions, we are going to be in for a season struggle.  The midfield was completely overrun, we had nothing up front and apart from Robinson and Hall who did his best, no one came out of that match having performed to their standards.  

Whatever people say, the window to now has been a disaster, yes we have 3 weeks to fix that and we might be saying the end of the month we have done a good job but at the minute, we are way off where I expected us to be in terms of the first 11 and the squad.  I love what Carol, DC and DF have given us and they will always retain my support but if previous regimes had allowed us to go into a season with one goalkeeper on the books, one fit striker who is injury prone himself, questions would seriously have been asked.

Lastly I just have to say well played to Exter who put on a great performance, they will have no problems surviving at all playing like that and having drunk in the pubs in town before, their supporters are the most friendly I have come across.  We were in our Vale shirts and having been in 4 different pubs, each pub there were supporters coming up to us asking how we were, congratulating us on last year, can't speak highly enough of them.

I heard that he got Carol pregnant, demanded a much higher wage to cover child support, Kevin found out, beat up Jake Taylor thinking it was him, forcing him to leave, Barton heard about this, thought it was Gibbo who'd beat up Jake, and signed him on the spot to fit his BR team ethos. You heard it here first

26 minutes ago, pete vale said:

From what I've heard the club disrespected Gibbo and were trying to take advantage of the fact he was loyal to Vale and had been since an 11year old. They did not pay him his worth. Joey Barton rang him up, met him and a deal was done the next day. The club knew nothing and  tbh they did not make Gibbo feel wanted, he was hurt. Big loss to the Vale imo.

I don't believe our club would disrespect anyone.They might have pointed out that he only played 24 games last season and part of the deal was based on that?If Barton offered him a better deal,fair play.

Some say that, yes. Although that's always been when we've had a complete squad and they've had a pre-season together. Y'know, when we've started a season and the players know each others names and basics like that. We still need at least 3 players (I'd like 5) and we're already two weeks in to the season. Who knows if the players we bring in will even be match fit? Massey certainly isn't. In my 40 years of supporting the club, we've never allowed ourselves to be in this position before. But, yeah, I'm the one in the wrong for complaining.

In how many of those 40 years has the season started in July following a playoff final?

2 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

In how many of those 40 years has the season started in July following a playoff final?

None but the season has only started one week earlier than normal, every club who reaches a play-off final usually has 10 weeks, we had 9 weeks, it is not like it is 4 weeks.

39 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I don't believe our club would disrespect anyone.They might have pointed out that he only played 24 games last season and part of the deal was based on that?If Barton offered him a better deal,fair play.

A person close to him said that he felt the club let him down, disrespected him. Either way he left.

Archived