onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

And Sunderland are currently looking at the Prem, if you want to play that game.
Honestly, do you think we should and could have done better with our pre-season (and present) preparations?
I said this last week and got laughing emojis 'cause we'd won but if Stoke had gone in to their season with a partially complete squad (1 fit striker and 1 keeper) and a lack of match sharpness, and interviewing players via zoom from Spain, we'd have been laughing our heads off at them.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I won’t say much as I’m sure a detailed analysis will be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, but I thought we thoroughly deserved the win, pressed you into mistakes and were clinical when we needed to be. The penalty was softer than a pillow made of clouds but we’re grateful for that, we’ve all got examples where the decisions have gone against us unfairly. I don’t think the penalty would have made any difference anyway, we were the better side and the side with more desire.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, I’m looking forward to our visit to Vale Park.

55 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Do you really believe that repeating the same things, parrot-fashion, time after time after time counts as some kind of debate?...in fact - do you believe it helps sort anything out? Or you/they just like the looks of your own posts? 

This forum isn't here to 'help sort anything out'. It's to discuss what's going on at the club and clearly, the most pressing issue for lots (the majority?) of Vale fans is the prep for the new season. Not sure why you're so keen on shutting down this discussion, it's not like you even add to it. Just 'stop moaning' posts which don't really contribute to any debate. <ovf censored> all to do with liking the look of my own posts.

Until this pre-season I have consistently stated how absolutely amazing the club is and how brilliant it is to support a club where things are done properly and for the general good. So, if I feel there's an issue or something not being done right, I think it's fair enough to discuss it on a forum dedicated to what's going on at the club. 

22 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Its a strange one; as with everything with the club these days, its behind closed doors. 

When did fans start feeling so entitled to hear about everything going on at the club? Not so long ago we'd watch the game on a Saturday, buy a Green 'Un afterwards and read it, and then just wait for the next game. There was certainly no expectation to be fed information daily. 

1 minute ago, fred binneys head said:

I won’t say much as I’m sure a detailed analysis will be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, but I thought we thoroughly deserved the win, pressed you into mistakes and were clinical when we needed to be. The penalty was softer than a pillow made of clouds but we’re grateful for that, we’ve all got examples where the decisions have gone against us unfairly. I don’t think the penalty would have made any difference anyway, we were the better side and the side with more desire.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, I’m looking forward to our visit to Vale Park.

You only have to worry if the fart starts to leak out of the spacesuit. Good luck as well. 

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Lots of calls for patience and 'wait a few more games for players to join/gel'. Do these people realise the season started 7 days ago?

Yes - with 3 points more than we got last season in a lower League!

Don't we usually suggest we wait 10 games before an assessment - you know,  because of players coming in and needing to gel?

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So why are you and others seemingly so relaxed about writing off August's results? 

This pre-season has been a shambles that could, in part, have been avoided. We have an incomplete squad that is unfit and lacking match fitness yet the problem seems to be with the fans who are pointing this out. Farcical.

We've played one...ONE...game in August! How TF do you know we will have any more results to write off?

9 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Congrats on the win. You were better than us at pretty much everything today. Not really dwelling on the penalty, it was soft but I still think we’d have lost anyway.

We couldn’t make the ball stick up top and as you say Exeters pressing was really good. You got us good today so fair play on that and hopefully we can give you a taste of your own medicine in the return match.

4 hours ago, mvb said:

I have been quite vocal on here about the lack of recruitment , and end up getting shot down ! , totally agree with you that DF should have been here in Burslem , not sunning himself in Spain , going to wait until the end of the month before I rant again , 

You have? We never noticed!

I have a question to ask - why?  

8 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Don't we usually suggest we wait 10 games before an assessment - you know,  because of players coming in and needing to gel?

Some say that, yes. Although that's always been when we've had a complete squad and they've had a pre-season together. Y'know, when we've started a season and the players know each others names and basics like that. We still need at least 3 players (I'd like 5) and we're already two weeks in to the season. Who knows if the players we bring in will even be match fit? Massey certainly isn't. In my 40 years of supporting the club, we've never allowed ourselves to be in this position before. But, yeah, I'm the one in the wrong for complaining.

20 minutes ago, smithie said:

When did fans start feeling so entitled to hear about everything going on at the club? Not so long ago we'd watch the game on a Saturday, buy a Green 'Un afterwards and read it, and then just wait for the next game. There was certainly no expectation to be fed information daily. 

Since social media existed. I'm happy to go to the games,support the team,follow the away games on Twitter,watch the interviews on YouTube. I post on here...that's enough for me.

However I will expect Darrell Clarke and at least one player to contact me directly with updates of signings and injuries so that I don't have to waste time reading pages of tripe on this forum(my posts excluded!)

3 hours ago, JRC said:

...It's never actually been defined by the club...  We've improved the sound system and toilets doesn't hit the headlines like saying we are Championship ready but isn't open to misinformation.

Yes it has - very, very clearly in an interview the Senile did with Carol!

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

But we knew all that a year ago. We knew in January that we'd need a new keeper and the management presumably knew we would need strikers back then too. I don't buy all these excuses for not being ready for the new season. There should have been plans in place to cover both League One and League Two, not all this blaming that we didn't know which league we'd be in. Grimsby, Sunderland and Forest all went up via the play-offs and they've managed to get full squads together. 

Back in January we didn't know that Covolan would be farmed off to Chesterfield! 

As for Lge 2 plan / Lge 1 plan - there was a direct reference by DF to ,tearing up the L2 plan...clearly, better players for L1 are more difficult to find - and more expensive - than for L2, as we proved last season bringing in more than a dozen L2 players who got us promotion - not very long ago! You think it would have been sensible bringing in L1 standard players - who would, presumably, have wanted better salaries - than L2 ones?  Sunderland averaged over 25k gates last season; Forest over 27k...Forest have paid multiple millions for their recruits - are you being serious in your comparisons? 

Archived