onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

8 hours ago, smithie said:
8 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Its a strange one; as with everything with the club these days, its behind closed doors. 

When did fans start feeling so entitled to hear about everything going on at the club? Not so long ago we'd watch the game on a Saturday, buy a Green 'Un afterwards and read it, and then just wait for the next game. There was certainly no expectation to be fed information daily. 

I personally do not feel entitled, I think its great that info is kept inhouse, I was merely stating a fact that it is kept in-house 😍😍😍😍

14 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Didn’t watch the game so can’t say much really apart from wow that’s  brought us back down to earth 🙈 

I’ll defend everything about the club to the death but it’s hard to defend the gibbo situation 

I think the Gibbons decision was made by the player himself but who knows what the contract offer was? And he was injury prone anyway but Robinson was out of his depth  yesterday and where was Worrall and McDermott is only learning his trade but where was Pett and Holden ans Massey aren’t fit enough yet; very worrying atm

1 minute ago, Raveninblack said:

I think the Gibbons decision was made by the player himself but who knows what the contract offer was? And he was injury prone anyway but Robinson was out of his depth  yesterday and where was Worrall and McDermott is only learning his trade but where was Pett and Holden ans Massey aren’t fit enough yet; very worrying atm

Yea it was made by himself but he was left with little choice with what we offered him it’s more of a concern that we have the young lad up top though

Early days yet though 

According to someone connected in local football Gibbons fell out with all the Vale players after we got promoted ,went to there heads and they were all acting high and mighty alledgedly giving it the big I am supposedly .maybe he didn't like that arrogance and decided move on because he didn't want be associated with it .
Worse performance yesterday since Mansfield away defeat under Askey so not bad let's not repeat that level of performance again as it wasn't good enough for national league level never mind league one
UTV

My marks for yesterday:

Stone - 5 (avoided a 4 as he couldn't do much with any of the goals and for me his distribution was much better)

Hall - 4
Smith - 4
Cass - 3

Benning - 3
Robinson - 6 (looked very promising from my perspective with no little quality. Our main threat going forward. Very harsh penalty awarded against him)

Ojo - 4
Garrity - 3
Charsley - 5

Proctor - 2 (by far his worst game in a Vale shirt)
McDermott - 3

Conlon - 3
Holden - 3
Jones - 3
Small - 4
Pett - 4

Shocking performance really all across the board. Reminded me of the performance against Coventry in the Bruno season when absolutely nothing went right from the start. Hopefully an exception rather than the rule this season. I'm not worried, at all, yet. What did disappoint me was the fact that we didn't even seem to try to play our football, a la Wembley, Swindon, Carlisle etc. I'm sure DC will get to the bottom of it next week, and every place is up for grabs come Bolton.

10 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

And Sunderland are currently looking at the Prem, if you want to play that game.

Honestly, do you think we should and could have done better with our pre-season (and present) preparations?

I said this last week and got laughing emojis 'cause we'd won but if Stoke had gone in to their season with a partially complete squad (1 fit striker and 1 keeper) and a lack of match sharpness, and interviewing players via zoom from Spain, we'd have been laughing our heads off at them.

Yes I do think we could have done better with our pre season but as there is bugger all I can do about it I’m not getting my knickers in a twist. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

According to someone connected in local football Gibbons fell out with all the Vale players after we got promoted ,went to there heads and they were all acting high and mighty alledgedly giving it the big I am supposedly .maybe he didn't like that arrogance and decided move on because he didn't want be associated with it .

So the squad got arrogant after promotion. Unbelievable.  

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Yea it was made by himself but he was left with little choice with what we offered him it’s more of a concern that we have the young lad up top though

Early days yet though 

Listening to praise and grumble on the way home and within Carls moans during the phone in he was talking about the money we are able to offer players and where we sit with the budget league table of league one and how we are going to attract a good striker to us. But what that did was prompt Clive Clarke to talk about the contract we offered Gibbo not being very good, I was actually surprised that he would know that (until I found he’s also an agent), but in regard to the point about a striker he went on to say that we have a good budget for this league, which I think will be proved out by who we get in up top. It’s imperative now that we get a starting experienced striker in I think. We shouldn’t be in this situation where McDermott is thrown in every game. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

So the squad got arrogant after promotion. Unbelievable.  

Listening to praise and grumble on the way home and within Carls moans during the phone in he was talking about the money we are able to offer players and where we sit with the budget league table of league one and how we are going to attract a good striker to us. But what that did was prompt Clive Clarke to talk about the contract we offered Gibbo not being very good, I was actually surprised that he would know that (until I found he’s also an agent). But moving on to the point about a striker he went on to say that we have a good budget for this league, which I think will be proved out by who we get in up top. It’s imperative now that we get a starting experienced striker in I think. We shouldn’t be in a situation where McDermott is thrown in every game.

For balance, Clive Clarke also kept saying he was surprised we had let Wilson go, and the host mustn’t have corrected him as he repeated it throughout the show! Maybe he’s not that in know after all.

Robinson out of his depth?

Was one of the few to come out of that game with any credit.

Archived