onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Championship Ready

LancyTony

There's been  a bit of a pushback against Carol's use of this phrase - some think it's a couple of "buzz" words; others think she ought not have said this out loud? But - for those of you who think this is a stick to beat Carol and the Management team with, every time we have  a few bad results...or it takes us longer to get a new player signed up...or the perennial "hope the fax machine is working?"...read the Sentinel interview by Carol - "Next step..." - it's a superb interview, explaining the vision behind "Championship ready" and all it entails.

It's about changing the mindset of the club, and switching the emphasis away from traditional and typical football values - things like Port Vale treating players as people, not just assets - making sure their families are doing ok, and settling in if they've been displaced; like feeding the players properly - "it doesn't cost any more..."  and they have a great training ground experience. It's working with the Police so we get things right, for safety of all fans, and, maybe, by doing so, reduce policing costs? And it's things like the funeral drive-bys...a chance for Vale staff to say a final goodbye to one of their own!

Read the article - be proud of and pleased by what Carol is doing with our club - and don't keep taking the mick out of Championship ready"!

Advert

Carol (her team and family) have totally changed the mindset of everyone who works at the club, made more improvements to the club's infrastructure in her short period of ownership than I have seen in the previous 60 years. Plus giving hope and belief to us fans when previously there had been none!

I still have to pinch myself when I see the progress being made in every possible aspect of our club. 

It’s a tricky one, we all hear the infamous “Championship in five years” line owners like to throw out but Carol in fairness hasn’t put a timescale on that and it’s not actually about the football and much the club and it’s infrastructure.

Hopefully the odd case of having 5 or 6 huge clubs will pass at this level and it will revert back to a usual league one in a couple of years and then it will be easier to challenge.

The Championship ready though is more about sorting Vale Park, the ticketing, training area, coaching set up and going from there.

It’s great to see all the work that as taken place this summer and on the pitch we find ourselves in a play off spot . And can anyone tell me the last time we had over seven and half thousand home fans for first home game at VP . Great times 

23 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

It’s great to see all the work that as taken place this summer and on the pitch we find ourselves in a play off spot . And can anyone tell me the last time we had over seven and half thousand home fans for first home game at VP . Great times 

Think the club tweeted it was our highest home attendance on opening day since 1997. Think we played Forest then so that would no doubt been propped up by a good away support, not something that was needed today.

On Championship ready I think it’s absolutely the right aim in terms of building up the infrastructure of the club to aspire to be that level. That’s different to what I think some are confusing it as where you hear “we be in the Championship in X years”.

It's 'championship ready' which means if and when we knock on that door we are 'ready'. 

Modern turnstiles, better training facilities, solid management infrastructure and a ground to accommodate championship fans.

The improvements are happening every day its incredible to see and we should all embrace it.

10 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Think the club tweeted it was our highest home attendance on opening day since 1997. Think we played Forest then so that would no doubt been propped up by a good away support, not something that was needed today.

On Championship ready I think it’s absolutely the right aim in terms of building up the infrastructure of the club to aspire to be that level. That’s different to what I think some are confusing it as where you hear “we be in the Championship in X years”.

Great opening day gate yesterday with many more to follow at home. Derby, Owls and a few more will bring great followings. The revenue streams will surely jump massively this season as compared to being in league 2. Even with a mid table finish this season (Which I would take), YES we are getting Championship ready....

Another enormous bonus is I note on the bloatcake the blind panic is setting in allready. They've gone from Premiership two bottom of the Championship in just a couple of seasons. May the rot continue & for god's sake DON'T sack M.O.N.!!

🤔🤣💖💯🙏🙏

In Joey Bartons interview prior to the FGR game he said he signed a 5 year contract and expected Bristol to be an established Championship club by that time. He added that 52 points was the target to stay in L1.

I'm not a fan of particular modern day phrases such as "Championship ready" but I think our owners and management team have a far better approach.

There's a lot of ground improvements taking place for fans to see. Our manager doesn't disclose points targets. Actions speak louder than words. 

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Great opening day gate yesterday with many more to follow at home. Derby, Owls and a few more will bring great followings. The revenue streams will surely jump massively this season as compared to being in league 2. Even with a mid table finish this season (Which I would take), YES we are getting Championship ready....

Another enormous bonus is I note on the bloatcake the blind panic is setting in allready. They've gone from Premiership two bottom of the Championship in just a couple of seasons. May the rot continue & for god's sake DON'T sack M.O.N.!!

🤔🤣💖💯🙏🙏

This is their 5th season out of the promised land, they didn`t believe it as long as their  crowds held up. But the truth is now dawning that the tide has turned.

Archived