Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Well, that's June out of the way. Starting tomorrow I expect things to move quickly. 

If there isn’t a line of new signings queuing down Hamil road all day tomorrow, I’ll be pretty cheesed off I can tell ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Advert:

Every year, round about this time, I wonder if this will be the year that we widen the pitch. It could be something that really could work in our favour and it would be difficult for opponents to adjust to and play their normal game. It seems like common sense. If we went as far as not watering it before the Swindon game, imagine the upset it would cause if we widened it? We have to make the playing aspect of visiting Vale park as uncomfortable as we possibly can for our opponents. 
I thought I heard a few years ago that Micky Adams had the pitch narrowed. If this is true and it's not been corrected then now's the time it should be. We should make other teams adapt to us not us adapt for them.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Rocky said:

Sorry for taking the thread off subject slightly but all this talk of whether x,y or z can do a job in League 1, I thought I'd link a pretty informative article on the different playing styles you can expect in each football league in comparison to each other.

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I thought there was an unaddressed issue. Pitches. As seen at Wembley put Port Vale on a first class pitch and boy can we pass. 

Many eons ago I went to a Stoke game v Man City. The reason for this was to watch Kazimier Deyna play. But the pitch was a builders yard and actually the whole game was a complete waste of time. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

Crawley NFT ownership experiment continues to splash the cash.

They have signed Dion “Half time team talk” Conroy from Swindon who was their captain and apparently have made a lucrative offer for Jack Payne.

21 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Crawley NFT ownership experiment continues to splash the cash.

They have signed Dion “Half time team talk” Conroy from Swindon who was their captain and apparently have made a lucrative offer for Jack Payne.

Congrats to Conroy on his move. Will always be grateful for his contribution to our promotion.

Serious case of the rats jumping from the sinking ship at Swindon this summer. Such a shame.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Advert:

50 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:
8 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:
I wouldn’t swap the 90’s for any other decade in Vale’s history. 

I would like to better it though.

I've no argument with that, belief and ambition is what being a fan is all about. I think the club has better foundations now, we are in a place where progress is a reality and not a dream. I'm more than happy for a new golden decade to eclipse the 90's.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I think we'll hear about a player or 2 signing today.

Contracts have now expired, and the lads are back in Monday.

UTV

And the early bird ST deadline has been extended until Saturday 

Advert:

30 minutes ago, Griffalo said:

And the early bird ST deadline has been extended until Saturday 

It’s a sensible move but I wonder why they didn’t say Sunday, given the shirt collection event lasts the whole weekend?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, MBE said:

Sorry nothing to do with a transfer rumour but is anyone else a little concerned about the number of friendlies we have planned?

Only 2 friendlies doesn’t seem many to be raring and ready to go. Have I missed something?

With the late finish to the season and the early start to the new one they probably feel fitness levels won't be dropping to a level they need a lot of friendlies for.

• Like 2

Advert:

17 minutes ago, blackdog said:

sorry made a mess of that and don't know how to correct .......

You can click on edit to edit a post (it has to be within a certain time limit). Admin can also do it so I've taken some of the line breaks out.

I think the images are not working because you're trying to use ones local to your machine so it isn't viewable to anyone else.

To add an image use the "choose files" option at the bottom of a post, add it then click on it to add it to the post body. 

Hope that helps.

8 minutes ago, robf said:

You can click on edit to edit a post (it has to be within a certain time limit). Admin can also do it so I've taken some of the line breaks out.

I think the images are not working because you're trying to use ones local to your machine so it isn't viewable to anyone else.

To add an image use the "choose files" option at the bottom of a post, add it then click on it to add it to the post body. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks Rob UTV