onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I thought Hussey had a tricky spell.  I actually went as far as saying that were it not for him being subbed at Exeter we wouldn't of gone up ( harsh I know ). Felt any attacking impetus died a death when he received the ball. 

But what I do think is this season as the onus won't be on us as the aggressor then he could play a big part particularly when we need to be more solid. I'm not suggesting a home and away wing back as that's madness but can see him playing a role where we need more solidity at the back. 

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

"I am outraged by the lack of signings"
"Very poor recruitment and preparation for the new season. VERY POOR."

"There's a forum tonight to speak to the owner, director of football and manager. You can address your concerns there. Tickets still available"

"Nah, I'd rather just post about it into an empty internet hole. There's no accountability for what I say there."

They wouldn't admit they were wrong in a public forum, even if they were. There would be an overriding reason which us fans didn't understand due to the complexities of the recruitment process. 

10 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Slightly off topic but has Amoo fount a new club yet ? I know there was rumours he was signing for a non league club but I personally thought he was steady enough for league 2 still. A joy to watch when in top form 

I don't think so, but I hope he gets a decent move. 

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I thought Hussey had a tricky spell.  I actually went as far as saying that were it not for him being subbed at Exeter we wouldn't of gone up ( harsh I know ). Felt any attacking impetus died a death when he received the ball. 

But what I do think is this season as the onus won't be on us as the aggressor then he could play a big part particularly when we need to be more solid. I'm not suggesting a home and away wing back as that's madness but can see him playing a role where we need more solidity at the back. 

Yep, Hussey's positioning and tackling looked pretty decent. I guess with the new subs rules, he's a more than useful bench option to come on when (hopefully) we're protecting a lead.

24 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I guess the thing is a fifth of a very big number is still a big number. 

I risk derailing the thread from people arguing about when we will be relegated but there is no way film demand is at 1/5th. I was in the USA at Kodak and they are saying they have reached pre digital numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

My main issue with Hussey is that several times last season he let the ball go out of play when he was given a simple pass near the touchline, as if he wasn't paying attention. Didn't seem to be a fitness issue. 

so did benning???????? (walsall eg.)😏

26 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Fully agree with you Warren. Looking at some of the photos from the trip away he looks like he has put on some more muscle too. He won't get any faster but as a physical presence he could be very useful this coming season.

I feel at times like we have the ficklest of fans. I was rooting for Benning all season, I knew there was a solid player there, Mansfield fans loved him, and there was rumours he had League 1 clubs after him last summer. A lot of fans had written him off, you could even feel it in the ground when he touched the ball, fans were just waiting, felt like they were hoping he would mess up so it could confirm their belief. And then when we needed him Benning stepped up and delivered. Part of it is probably to do with his new fitness regime with DW Fitness but with Gibbo required in the back 3 he was given a chance and he took it and after the final fans would have been disappointed if he hadn't signed a new contract.

I think Hussey is exactly the same but that chance hasn't presented itself for him yet. No patience in this game it seems.

My theory is Hussey has bulked up to play predominantly at LCB as cover for Hall  if injured or should Hall play CB if we need additional height in the middle. 

He’s not dynamic enough to play at LWB on our pitch.

37 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought hussey was average for us. Great delivery when given the chance but not dynamic enough in how we wanted to play with wing backs (he’s 33 so he was never going to be). Also we had no real aerial threat so bombing crosses in was pointless and we never played like that anyway until he came in. That Newport goal was a basic error, tried to to nip in front and slipped when just standing up would have meant they didn’t get in behind. Cheltenham got rid for a reason. I still think we need a better left wing back than either hussey or Benning for league one. 

Thought and I argued with you on this at the time, that he was a brilliant signing. But the more I saw him the more I thought he slowed us down. He’s decent on the ball, cracking left foot and delivery but after seeing Gibbo racing up and down there and now Benning I just don’t think he suits our style. I’m not sure he’s the player he once was, and another who seems to pick up a few injuries as well. So agree, he Dosent fit into 352 / 532 at all. Just seen MBE’s post and I agree, I think he’s going to be back up at LCB this season 

14 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

so did benning???????? (walsall eg.)😏

The Hussey ones I was thinking about were short distance passes in one of those popular triangles, it was almost like he didn't actually see the ball coming. I think most of the ones Mal let go out were quite fast paced and I can make allowances for him after his magnificent goal at Wembley. Oops, will I get fined for mentioning Wembley...

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The Hussey ones I was thinking about were short distance passes in one of those popular triangles, it was almost like he didn't actually see the ball coming. I think most of the ones Mal let go out were quite fast paced and I can make allowances for him after his magnificent goal at Wembley. Oops, will I get fined for mentioning Wembley...

No, but maybe for making allowances 🙂

Archived