onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Only 650 left for Bycars ,just got back from me Scotlamd experience was brilliant no midges and what a beautiful country .

Any news on Gibbons he is ready to go hope so .

Let's do this Vale hoping for Exeter do something tomoz for us ,that's the only result I'm interested in the others oh how unless Mansfield score so many and we concede loads then there hardly a threat as for Bristol Rovers neither are they they will get 80 points we will get 81 as momentum will swing our way again tomoz .

COME ON Exeter draw at  least UTV 

Advert

5 hours ago, robf said:

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

893604589_AndyJone2.thumb.JPG.46d1fb06290cda1f17e154d7aea62654.JPG

I recall being at Fulham v the Vale boat race day when Andy Jones played rather well....

I'm THAT OLD ....😁😁

On 26/04/2022 at 09:51, PV1973 said:

Isn’t running on empty and leggy pretty much the same thing?

So pressure was the only reason we lost? I don’t think so. 2 defensive mistakes cost us. First goal the players should have pushed up out of the 6 yard box as soon as the ball got played backwards to set their lad for the cross, (very similar to Bristol’s second goal last week).  Second goal and Martin sells himself and dives in.

With the few chances we did muster, Proctor should have done better when he was set on the edge of the box first half. Garrity should have had a shot second half in his left when he got free and decided to square it instead.  No one was following in Husseys free kick when it landed in the 6 yard box late on. 

Poor performance aside it’s fine margins that lose you games, they took their chances from our mistakes and we didn’t make anything in the areas where we could have done better. 

It's interesting to read how many Vale fans have developed insomnia...stomach ache (and associated problems) and are becoming a bundle of nerves...then magnify that umpteen-fold for the players? If you don't believe "stage fright" is an actual thing - you need to read how many top actors / musicians admit to...literally...shitting themselves before a gig, or going on stage. Too many times some of you forget our players are Lge 2 level - mostly - for a reason...and, even more importantly...they are also human!   

12 hours ago, robf said:

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

893604589_AndyJone2.thumb.JPG.46d1fb06290cda1f17e154d7aea62654.JPG

I was one of Rudge's video team for that game and Andy Jones jumped into Lorne St Directors Box,where we were located,and run off with the VHS video!!

Going to be very strange without our game today, but I shall be closely monitoring all those matches that are relevant to us: Nhampton v Exeter, Rochdale v Brizzle Rovers,Sutton v Bradford,Tranmere v Oldham, Swindon v Barrow.  When are Mansfield & Salford playing?

Squeaky bum time!

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Going to be very strange without our game today, but I shall be closely monitoring all those matches that are relevant to us: Nhampton v Exeter, Rochdale v Brizzle Rovers,Sutton v Bradford,Tranmere v Oldham, Swindon v Barrow.  When are Mansfield & Salford playing?

Squeaky bum time!

Monday at 12:30 live on Sky before our game.

Archived