Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

3 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

Please believe me, as delighted as we all are to seal promotion against Barrow tonight, we’ll be desperate to beat Northampton on Saturday to try and win the league. We always struggle there but we’ll be doing our best to win, no one will be on the beach or on the 

I'm pretty certain know one will be on the beach as the sea is about 100 miles away from northampton. Not sure about alcohol though although Northampton from memory was never a great night out.

Advert:

Please believe me, as delighted as we all are to seal promotion against Barrow tonight, we’ll be desperate to beat Northampton on Saturday to try and win the league. We always struggle there but we’ll be doing our best to win, no one will be on the beach or on the piss.

Enjoy tonight Fred… you deserve it.
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Another touch of reality before bed! 6 years it's taken Exeter. Monumental achievement us being up there when you look at last season. Keep calm & carry on 🙂image.thumb.png.5a8755e5c5f742439118265c492221c7.png

6 years and every one of those years ranging from right in the mix - to right on the cusp. Crazy record and through gritted teeth can anyone really say they don't merit it through all that.

• Like 5

6 years and every one of those years ranging from right in the mix - to right on the cusp. Crazy record and through gritted teeth can anyone really say they don't merit it through all that.
For another day, wonder what their management and player turnover has been over the 6 seasons?

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I'm pleased Exeter have gone up. Well run club & long term vision paid off.

• Like 3

Advert:

We must go up with Exeter and Brizzle! Plymouth to stay in league one and I get three easy trips to see the Vale!

If we don’t win on Monday, a great season so far could spiral into frustration.

Haven’t got a ticket for Exeter who are 14 miles away but hopefully VPN will be locating me in France!

Best of regards to all Vale fans over the next two games! 🤩

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 11:24, Howjy04 said:

Almost 35 years to the date(BH Monday) that Andy Jones netted 5 against Newport.Show the players the video,if there is one.😉

first away side to play at vale park? but who were the first to play at vale park?🥸😶😶😶😶

11 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

first away side to play at vale park? but who were the first to play at vale park?🥸😶😶😶😶

In a League 3S match Newport County, Vale won 1-0, Att 30,000

On 24/04/2022 at 11:24, Howjy04 said:

Almost 35 years to the date(BH Monday) that Andy Jones netted 5 against Newport.Show the players the video,if there is one.😉

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

893604589_AndyJone2.thumb.JPG.46d1fb06290cda1f17e154d7aea62654.JPG

• Like 3

Advert:

2 hours ago, robf said:

I've not seen any video of that game but if anyone has it, I would be delighted to get it onto YouTube. One of my favourite Vale games I have attended.

Think we appeared live on TV earlier that season when we beat Fulham away 6-0 but only from an aerial camera view of the Oxford - Cambridge boat race as they went past Fulham’s ground during the game 😜

Think we appeared live on TV earlier that season when we beat Fulham away 6-0 but only from an aerial camera view of the Oxford - Cambridge boat race as they went past Fulham’s ground during the game 

Yes live on BBC TV on a Saturday with a 3pm kick off. How things have changed!

2 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Think we appeared live on TV earlier that season when we beat Fulham away 6-0 but only from an aerial camera view of the Oxford - Cambridge boat race as they went past Fulham’s ground during the game 😜

We actually did the full 90 mins of that one as part of our "full ninety minutes" series of vintage Vale games. Sadly, the production values in those days (plus the deterioration of the tape after 30-odd years) makes it a difficult thing to view, but if anyone wants to try it is here - 

If anyone has any recordings from that era - either news clips or match videos, I'd be delighted to feature them on the OVF YouTube channel. We now have 100+ videos including 24 videos in that "full ninety minutes" series where you can watch the entire game. Subscribe to get updates when I add any new ones.

• Like 3

Advert:

Only 650 left for Bycars ,just got back from me Scotlamd experience was brilliant no midges and what a beautiful country .

Any news on Gibbons he is ready to go hope so .

Let's do this Vale hoping for Exeter do something tomoz for us ,that's the only result I'm interested in the others oh how unless Mansfield score so many and we concede loads then there hardly a threat as for Bristol Rovers neither are they they will get 80 points we will get 81 as momentum will swing our way again tomoz .

COME ON Exeter draw at  least UTV 

5 hours ago, robf said:

I recall being at Fulham v the Vale boat race day when Andy Jones played rather well....

I'm THAT OLD ....😁😁

• Like 2