onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Plenty of  goals and  a win to restore confidence, whether a chance of promotion or just a playoff place is at stake.  11 games to be played by top 10 teams including three 6 pointers so twists and turns possible before we take on Newport. Enough time before the Sky cameras arrive for us to re-jig and energise the teams bodies and minds to avoid the season petering out. Team selection and fitness of players crucial to putting on a performance to reflect the progress made this season wherever it may take us.

AC/DC Black and White Army

Advert

I'd be dropping Worrall for this and playing either Edmondson or Robinson. He's been awful for a couple of months now and enough is enough so far as I'm concerned. This is how he was playing before Aspin dropped him. Benning has done enough in the games before yesterday to be given another chance.

Discussing affairs with a former work colleague and Tranmere season ticket holder at a curry night on Thursday he said Newport are a really dirty team and up to every trick in the book. Things can get worse as Tranmere lost yesterday and on top of that, like many Tranmere supporters, he also supports Everton!

1 minute ago, JSValiant said:

If by the time this game comes around we might know that the Automatics are almost gone, so rest the Important Players for the Playoffs and make it a 3 Game Season!

Yes but don’t you get an easier tie in the play offs  the higher up the league you finish, so play your strongest team.

If by the time this game comes around we might know that the Automatics are almost gone, so rest the Important Players for the Playoffs and make it a 3 Game Season!

Even if Northampton win we have to go to win as they have to travel to Barrow which is tricky at the moment.

47 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'd be dropping Worrall for this and playing either Edmondson or Robinson. He's been awful for a couple of months now and enough is enough so far as I'm concerned. This is how he was playing before Aspin dropped him. Benning has done enough in the games before yesterday to be given another chance.

Not awful, just knackered. Probably his hip problem. I hope Gibbo can manage an hour.

I’m inclined to agree with having Worrall on the bench if Gibbo says he is good to go for this one which given the 9 days before the game should be doable. Will never fault Woz for effort but something isn’t quite clicking with him, he’s never been one to beat a man consistently but it’s affecting his delivery into the box as well now. It may be the case with him his body just can’t handle the wingback role as well now in which case could his future be maybe going into the middle and ask him try a Garrity type role? Probably also go with Hussey for the better quality delivery too on the other side.

Just got to take care of our own business in this one. Regardless of other results if we win we take it to the last day and then see where the dice land.

Not awful, just knackered. Probably his hip problem. I hope Gibbo can manage an hour.
I'll stick with awful. If he just wasn't getting up and down as much, then fair enough. But his crossing and passing have been absolutely atrocious for some time. For whatever the reason, he's at nowhere near the level that he was quality wise. Deserves dropping IMHO.

I'd be changing the personnel for  this game .

Players who are seeing out there contracts and being offered one elsewhere would not be in my plans for the last 2/5 games of season (hopefully ).

I'd rather play hungry wanting  to be a part of something special players .

Some players have gone completely off the boil for some reason (I don't buy they have run out of gas nonsense if playing injured then that doesn't show faith in the other unused players and that's a management error of judgement ).

You would run faster for the cause if you know there's something worth achieving not slower and look beaten before a balls kicked .

Body language poor last 2 

Hopefully results go for us this week.

Changes need to be made .

I'll leave that upto the experts on this site if he goes Smith Martin and Hall again its curtains.

7 poor goals conceded in four games .

Bad form needs to be removed ASAP.

Archived