Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


3 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It wasn’t the ref that ruined the game it was how we set up for a 0-0 totally ridiculous especially at home 

Thought he was rubbish as well. Don’t disagree with how we’re setting up. Been doing it all season, makes no sense at home 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor today. Every player a 5 or 6 out of 10.

I think DC got tactics wrong today.Substitutes were just more of the same rather than try something different to make them think and adjust to us.

Very negative playing not to loose. DC needs a rethink playing at home. We are not putting teams under enough pressure, not enough creativity and drooping too many points at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Listening to grumble and grumble via the internet.  If on ifollow it switches off or gives you this message.

Thanks for replying.

I've disconnected from iFollow and doing what I have always done which is listen to Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble via the internet but I get the message...Programme is not available etc....BBC must have sudenly changed policy towards overseas listeners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Poor today. Every player a 5 or 6 out of 10.

I think DC got tactics wrong today.Substitutes were just more of the same rather than try something different to make them think and adjust to us.

Very negative playing not to loose. DC needs a rethink playing at home. We are not putting teams under enough pressure, not enough creativity and drooping too many points at home.

Been same all season. We only improve at home when we’re made to and concede first and then change the tactics at half time. 352 is fine away from home but not at home. Won’t change though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Thanks for replying.

I've disconnected from iFollow and doing what I have always done which is listen to Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble via the internet but I get the message...Programme is not available etc....BBC must have sudenly changed policy towards overseas listeners.

Try putting in radio stoke live in the search box.  Then go down the list to:

bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_stoke

 

Good luck.

Edited by PVFC764

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What a bad example for league 2 football that was. Dire game. Nobody is ever going to convince me this formation is the way to go at home. Say it every single week. Edmondson was hopeless against their decent defenders, proctor looked much more of a handful so nice to see him back(looks much fitter than when he returned against walsall). 

Defence and keeper did well, though everyone else was pretty anonymous. Garritys performance was horrible, Pett not much better. Charsley looked decent. 

Good thing it’s another game unbeaten and another clean sheet just means we need to win the next one now!! Hall quite comfortably man of the match. 
 

Special mention to the complete moron of a referee who did his best to ruin the game and that liner who got every decision wrong. The two corner decisions were laughable. Dire for both sides and ruined the game. 

It wasn’t the ref that ruined the game it was how we set up for a 0-0 totally ridiculous especially at home 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

It wasn’t the ref that ruined the game it was how we set up for a 0-0 totally ridiculous especially at home 

Ref and linesman didn't help.  Looked like we came to get a point rather than try to get all 3.  

Don't suppose the weather helped either.  At least it was a point - previous matches would have seen us loose 1 nil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Awful conditions but doesn't even seem like I've seen a game of football today. Big opportunity missed. 

The wife’s got covid so I persuaded the a mate of mine to go he hasn’t been since mickey adams.was manager so he had the wife’s season ticket as I dropped him off he said thanks for that mate but don’t ask me agen says it all really 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


7 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Try putting in radio stoke live in the search box.  Then go down the list to:

bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_stoke

 

Good luck.

Thanks PFVC, that's exactly what I normally do and it always used to work. I live in the US so it may be the BBC don't transmit the sports programme/Praise and Grumble to the US anymore hence I get this rolling verbal message.

Me thinks Praise in Grumble will soon be transmitted by iFollow with a corresponding increase in iFollow subscription.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Been same all season. We only improve at home when we’re made to and concede first and then change the tactics at half time. 352 is fine away from home but not at home. Won’t change though. 

If we want to be in the play offs it has to change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreadful game of football played on an awful pitch officiated by some of the worst officials I have seen for a long time.  The match reminded me a lot of the Orient where both teams seemed to settle for a draw and didn't try to win.  I can't believe after playing as well as we have since October we choose to change where Walker and Wilson who were the best on the pitch and moved them around.  An opportunity missed today as thought they were bang average.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Thanks PFVC, that's exactly what I normally do and it always used to work. I live in the US so it may be the BBC don't transmit the sports programme/Praise and Grumble to the US anymore hence I get this rolling verbal message.

Me thinks Praise in Grumble will soon be transmitted by iFollow with a corresponding increase in iFollow subscription.

Your not missing much in P&G.  Crewe fans not happy.  Sjoke fans are thinking they are the best side in the league.  Not sure there has been a Vale fan on yet.

17.44 the first Vale fan comes on. 🤣

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

All over us atm. Another Swindon this.

I thought the same. Another team that are nervous when they come to VP, so to conquer their nerves they pass the ball on the ground and run into gaps to receive passes. They looked a lot fitter. We offered nothing today.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...