• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Bit one-sided?

Jacko51

Advert:

Whether it's women's or men's there has to be a restructuring of the system. 

Bald eagle mentioned San Marino. I'm sure I heard on commentary they've only ever won once in about 180 games over 20 odd years. 

They should have their own preliminary group with the other minnows which then puts them into the main qualification groups. 

Whether it's England, Germany, Belgium I can't see the point of 4 qualifiers against San Marino and Andorra etc. 

And yes if Northern Ireland women can win 11-0 away, a small nation themselves, what is the actual point ? 

• Like 1

Advert:

Looking at the highlights (and there's pretty much a goal every 30 seconds here) - I think it's fair to say the Armenian goalkeeper had a shocker. I would hazard a guess she's at fault for about ten of the goals...

And if you thought our defence was back for the final minutes against Oldham, the Armenian defending for the last five minutes is pretty much a lesson in how not to defend.

TBF that's not bad, I played for a team in my very early teens and our 1st game we lost away 33-0 the reverse fixture we lost 37-0.

I highlight was us clearing the ball and it somehow found it's way to me, I went charging up the pitch head down ball at feet(ish) suddenly finding myself in the air and then flat on my back after the keeper came charging out of his area poleaxing me.  He was determined to stop us getting the ball into his area.

Another one,  Portuguese match, someone at home to Benfica, had 17 covid absentees!!  The FA wouldn't postpone it. Only 9 players took the field, including 2 goalies, lol.  7 nil down at half time.  2 players didn't come out after half time, another went off injured after 2 minutes - 6 players left - game abandoned.  Guessing the injuries were to deliberately get the game abandoned.

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Another one,  Portuguese match, someone at home to Benfica, had 17 covid absentees!!  The FA wouldn't postpone it. Only 9 players took the field, including 2 goalies, lol.  7 nil down at half time.  2 players didn't come out after half time, another went off injured after 2 minutes - 6 players left - game abandoned.  Guessing the injuries were to deliberately get the game abandoned.

Sounds like the Portuguese FA are just as stupid as ours.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Old fort said:

The BBC stats are just as ridiculous with 86% possession,  64 shots with 31 on target as opposed to 0 shots at all for Latvia. I can only think that Latvias 14% came mainly from the fact that they had to kick off 21 times.

I mean the thing is it's not doing the teams getting hammered any good is it?  I mean it really is not.  I'm glad we won but probably our lot are full on professionals  and their lot just have to rock up from their day jobs for the game?

• Like 1