Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation


Playa Amodores

Recommended Posts

Advert:


7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

We have a good stadium.  What are you proposing by way of improving Vale Park, we knock down every stand on some whim?  I don’t think you’ve thought it through.  We could probably carry out all the work suggested in this thread for circa £1M -£2M. Build a new stand on the Railway side and you’d still have plenty of change out of £10M.  A new ground would cost far in excess of that.

Anyway Carol has stated on several occasions that we won’t be moving.  It fits in with her wider plan for Burslem and the wider area in general.  VP is being improved.  We can see it.

Ok. You can polish a <ovf censored> springs to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

For me I like a change of brewery  provider … Bottled Carling is pish  . Like a local brewery in like Titanic or Lymestone.

100%, plenty of good local beers around that we could stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

For me I like a change of brewery  provider … Bottled Carling is pish  . Like a local brewery in like Titanic or Lymestone.

Pretty sure Carol, or Colin, mentioned this some time ago but said at the time we were tied to the current supplier, probably still are, but there was a suggestion we’d look to change to Titanic, or similar, if possible.  That said, it comes down to cost and margins.  No point in changing if we barely make any money out of it, keeping in mind many fans ain’t fussy and will drink owt.  It’d be nice to at least have the option.  I expected to see a local ale on sale in the fanzone, if only occasionally, but not seen one times I’ve been in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In relation to refreshments, as we have the facilities that prepare food could we not produce our own bespoke food. Various different fillings for pies and when it’s warmer baguettes. I appreciate that it still may be cheaper to buy in, but it’s just a suggestion and wondering if anyone at the club has thought about this or even researched the idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

In relation to refreshments, as we have the facilities that prepare food could we not produce our own bespoke food. Various different fillings for pies and when it’s warmer baguettes. I appreciate that it still may be cheaper to buy in, but it’s just a suggestion and wondering if anyone at the club has thought about this or even researched the idea.

Wrights Pies might withdraw their sponsorship of the fourth officials board though... 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Pretty sure Carol, or Colin, mentioned this some time ago but said at the time we were tied to the current supplier, probably still are, but there was a suggestion we’d look to change to Titanic, or similar, if possible.  That said, it comes down to cost and margins.  No point in changing if we barely make any money out of it, keeping in mind many fans ain’t fussy and will drink owt.  It’d be nice to at least have the option.  I expected to see a local ale on sale in the fanzone, if only occasionally, but not seen one times I’ve been in there.

Yes they said that we were tied based on the number of units sold/year, with the lockdown and therefore no beer sales the agreement was extended.  They'll be looking to try to link up with local breweries, something that I'd be keen on but not sure how that would affect the negotiations with the larger corp.

More of an issue for me is actually getting anything from the kiosks, certainly in the paddock, since they've been rebuilt it takes an age to get anything and It'd be even worse if they had anything worth buying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The temporary replacement speaker at the Bycars needs scrapping immediately.  It was both annoying and embarrassing in equal measure. 

Bring back Norman Collier all is forgiven 

Darren, I fell for all those in the Bycars who’ve suffered this for sometime. In the RP I’ve always found the PA system to be very good. However today they’ve had speakers on stands around the pitch and the quality has been unbelievably poor. Totally incoherent. As I was walking out fans were tapping the speakers so that they made a crackling noise, surprised that they didn’t explode. I’m sure that someone on P&G said there had been a problem with the refreshment bars at HT. Think they said it was in the Lorne Street, where the posh folk go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, I fell for all those in the Bycars who’ve suffered this for sometime. In the RP I’ve always found the PA system to be very good. However today they’ve had speakers on stands around the pitch and the quality has been unbelievably poor. Totally incoherent. As I was walking out fans were tapping the speakers so that they made a crackling noise, surprised that they didn’t explode. I’m sure that someone on P&G said there had been a problem with the refreshment bars at HT. Think they said it was in the Lorne Street, where the posh folk go.

At half time one of Carol's trusted employees possibly named Claire ? She was with an official by the hideous pitchside Bycars speaker.  No idea what the conversation was about but at one stage there was a massive crackle and I was half expecting it to explode. 

Whilst applauding attempts to rectify the situation those speakers are not the answer.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At half time one of Carol's trusted employees possibly named Claire ? She was with an official by the hideous pitchside Bycars speaker.  No idea what the conversation was about but at one stage there was a massive crackle and I was half expecting it to explode. 

Whilst applauding attempts to rectify the situation those speakers are not the answer.  

I wish Claire would queue up for a pint and a mars bar at half time in the rain to see the problems we have.. some may say it’s a small problem but the queue is a joke and there’s two serving in what is the most populated stand in the ground. If we can’t cater which we clearly can’t then can we open the gates at the bottom and let a few burger vans into the ground to ease the flow? Carol? Martin tideswell anyone there…

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...