Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

This is quite frightening. Who on earth decided to sign these players? (Jones apart). I feel that our wonderful owners are being played. Even at his age John Rudge has to be used as an advisor. DC and Flitcroft are pinching a living. Rant over.

• Like 1

Really odd. Heard him mention he’s not played in the football league either. Embarrassing really. 
Not really odd for Sproson. After all, Crookes was the quickest player we had last season!

Covolan, despite his near calamity, has actually kept us in this.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The Goalkeepers a bombscare who can't pass to a vale shirt, midfield and upfront completely ineffective.

Utterly dominated for most of that half, worst we have played so far this season. Something has to change.

Lets hope Bristol Rovers come looking for a manager.

Not impressed at all by D.C. Why do i need to give it 10 games or until Christmas. We are not playing like a top ten team at all. We look to have a ' better squad ' on paper but D.C. cannot put it together. Surely it cant all be down to missing Tom Conlon ?

He has to change something at half time. He is the man who is happy to change systems during games. Fine but lets change one for the better. We are, i believe, a defensively set up team but dont appear to be very good at that.

Has every team we have played so far been better than us ?. Is it a tough start or are we poor ?

After those comments  -  3  1  to the Vale 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pops said:

This is quite frightening. Who on earth decided to sign these players? (Jones apart). I feel that our wonderful owners are being played. Even at his age John Rudge has to be used as an advisor. DC and Flitcroft are pinching a living. Rant over.

Nothing wrong with some of the players. It’s hard when we’re set up completely wrong. The issue for me is that keeper, he must make our defence so nervous. 

Get Amoo or the new wide player on for Johnson, play Worrall on the other wing, bring Wilson off for Proctor and go chuffing 4-4-2.

Covolan

Cass

Smith

Martin

Jones

Worrall

Walker

Pett

Amoo/Politic

Proctor

Rodney

Edited by Beech

Will take a point right now. Not pressing high or quick enough and giving Stevenage too many set pieces.    Why are we so poor on attacking set plays? When was the last time we scored from a corner? We now have a player who can throw it for miles and we still aren’t threatening. Covolan’s distribution and decision making at times is worrying.