Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

14 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Just a few thoughts on James Wilson going into Saturday’s match against Northampton. Having watched him in most of the pre season friendlies, I did think that against Chesterfield (particularly in the first half) he looked a ‘class above’ when he got himself on the ball. Their defenders, at times, backed away from him. 

Having a better defence and midfield this year, I feel that Wilson could be the player who can takes us into the play offs or beyond!!

I just hope that he can motivate himself and get involved in games to make a real difference to Vale this season. 

I agree, even the commentators said he was a different class and MoM by a country mile.

Advert:

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

Manager didn't do well last year, and I don't think their signings are of massive quality. Their talented youngster Chukwuemeka will probably leave before the end of the window, and they've already lost a few good players post-relegation. I guess Danny Rose could get 10-15 but apart from that I don't see a great deal of quality in there. 

Also, it looks like Liam Roberts is their number 1, who was awful whenever I saw him for Walsall last season. Just a lot of unknowns and not many guarantees about the squad.

Hoskins is decent at this level.

I think they’re a bit like us in that they’ve signed a lot of players.

Tough first month starting with a tough first game. If we can hang in the middle after the first 8-10 games then slowly build from there I’d be happy. I think this team will have far too much quality for the bottom 2/3rds over a whole season and fully expect us to be there or there abouts at the end. A solid draw to start would be fine, but we should go all out every game against anyone because the team is good enough.

On 01/08/2021 at 16:30, Rockape99 said:

Covolan 

Smith  Martin Johnson 

Wozza                       Benning 

Conlon     Walker  Pett 

Wilson  Rodney 

think this how we will go picked with little knowledge of football management .

I think this will be the starting 11, but from what I’ve seen Pett and Walker are very similar and I worry about all the attacking intent being left to Pirlo. I think Smith was fantastic at RWB / RB last season under DC and sticking with that would be better. Walker anchoring, Conlon and Worrall in more of a free midfield role to support and drop back. 

Advert:

20 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Can’t make the game Saturday so gutted! Will have to listen on Radio Stoke.

I'm just going look at Sporting life stats ,I'm not listening to the commentary generally a tad negative although to a extent that are right but some games I was watching and listening to the waffle they were going on about seemed like they were watching a different game than me so Radio Stoke City not for me and praise and grumble well thats comedy gold after folk just dissing the players the club generally and the stoke take the Vale hardly get a mention so do not care if Vokes ain't good enough or Oneill too negative and come sunday morning theres another game look forwards too and what happened the prior sat is generally forgot about especially if it was dire so for example if it's a 3-1 win with T Naylor scoring two crackers and Lee Mills excellent third v Sunderland and you were there as I was you remember it forever in a good way , but if its a 0-4 home defeat v Mansfield also with a atrocious second half defensive display where all team may as well be fired for lack of application then you not going remember or wish to remember that particular game if went like I did the phoning Radio Stoke is not going change anything so forget  it ringing the station ain't going change owt .

So hopefully there will be a way watch it coming available in next few days because then the clubs get money and I spent silly money on ifollow lastseason about 460 and most of that was going to Vale somehow or other plus I Brought a ten gamer also 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Covolan

Smith

Martin

Johnson

Worrall

Walker

Pett

Conlon

Benning

Wilson

Rodney

That would be my best guess of the starting 11, in a wing-back 3-5-2 formation. Maybe he'll go for Jones over Benning if he wants to be a bit more safer. Hope not though. Looks a very good, solid starting 11. Not one that's full of goals so keeping clean-sheets will be vital if we're to have a good season. A lot will also depend on whether Rodney can also kick on and find a bit more consistency.

Think we'll start the campaign with a 0-0 or 1-1.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

I've not seen any of the pre-season friendlies and couldn't pick the team if I tried.
It's going to be virgin territory with regatds the players on Saturday but I look forward to the game and new season with my usual optimism.
I'll take a draw now, I think it's a really tough start but if we go with the mental attitude I expect from a DC team then 3 points are definitely on the cards.
UTV.

16 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Apart Radio Stoke or actually going to the game, don’t have many other options if no I-follow.

If you use a vpn and change to a european country you can watch its what i normally do if i cant make it for whatever reason. 

Advert:

Northampton Town will be staging a tribute to supporters who have sadly passed away since the last time supporters were allowed in to Sixfields without restrictions ahead of the Port Vale game on Saturday.

At approx 2.45pm, the big screen will show the pictures and we will read out the names of more than 40 supporters, former players and staff members who are sadly no longer with us.

If supporters wish to see this tribute, they are asked to take their seats before 2.45pm, while the match programme will also include a tribute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:
If you use a vpn and change to a european country you can watch its what i normally do if i cant make it for whatever reason. 

I thought ifollow got wise to that and now require a foreign payment method and address?

Dont believe so ive never been asked for that

1 hour ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Which VPN do you use? Do you pay for it?

Is it as simple as just installing the VPN, then just logging into IFollow?

If you just search vpn into google any of the top results will be fine to use, they normally charge about 5 pounds a month but you can cancel anytime, but the games are cheaper for people abroad its about 5 pound on ifollow for people abroad

• Like 1