onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I'm reading all sorts on the Vale sites ,lack of effort is coming up in a lot  of people's comments if so they haven't played in front of a crowd for a long time surely the extra energy they get from the crowd (away following )yet I'm hearing that players were  jogging about if true I'm disgusted  .

Goalkeeper sent off and a very poor goal conceded have to see but heard it was pathetic .

First game not to fussed to be honest but if you have paid your hard earned and seen players strolling about then that does not bode well at all .

Like I say I'm just going on comments I ain't seen anything of the game so very disappointed here this 

Advert

As someone put on FB we have gone 16yrs not losing on the opening day and on the whole have then had poor seasons........so what i am saying is we will be in the top 3 at christmas after losing that record now 🙂 feel free to return to this post around then to thank me

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Feel for the fans who made the trip today.  They should get the motm award, as our players haven't really made a claim for it.

Yes . I also agree 

Keep your heads people- yes it wasnt great, but please just give them time if in 10-15 games it doesn't improve fair enough then something isnt right but give them time to gel and lets just get behind them. Every season for however long weve got a result on the opening day and weve ended up having a terrible season. So this perfomance and result is no way a indicator on how the season will go. 

21 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Not sure about Gibbons, full back and Worrall wide right.

Clarke has signed what people on here , many people on here, are calling the ' best midfield three in the league ' Walker, Pett , Conlon. No room for Gibbons and Worrall in their usual roles and even if we did play this way then the front two would need to score 30 plus between them.

We have a big squad, full of options but we need a balanced first 11 for the majority of games to do well this season. Dont see where many of the new signings will fit in. I would be happier with seeing a good , well balanced first 11. 

Yes lets wait for another striker and a left winger to join us but then where do they play and who drops out. 23 players, all capable of starting the game but do we have a balanced team ?

D C needs to earn his money from now on. He will not change players and systems after one game, that i am sure. We need to bounce back, SOON

if he sticks with that formation then I think he has to make a choice between Gibbo or worrall as RWB, I don’t think both can play in that formation. Unless he tweaks the formation somehow and moves worrall to the right of a front 3. 

Wilson doesn’t spoon an open goal from 3 yards and this is a somewhat different post match thread. Still amazed at that, most glaring sitter I can remember since Justin Richards at home at the back post against Burton I think it was. 

Crosses and corners generally too deep, thinking about it. Overplaying far too much, clearly nervous, and they look like they were told to cut it back across and float it deep every chance they got. Just <ovf censored> hit it. 

Not worried at all over what is technically the back up getting a run of games, Stone looked solid. 

I'm reading all sorts on the Vale sites ,lack of effort is coming up in a lot  of people's comments if so they haven't played in front of a crowd for a long time surely the extra energy they get from the crowd (away following )yet I'm hearing that players were  jogging about if true I'm disgusted  .
Goalkeeper sent off and a very poor goal conceded have to see but heard it was pathetic .
First game not to fussed to be honest but if you have paid your hard earned and seen players strolling about then that does not bode well at all .
Like I say I'm just going on comments I ain't seen anything of the game so very disappointed here this 

The commitment and work was one thing that was right today. The rest was all abit........ I just hope we don't set up like that over and over as its not playing to our strengths and will make a very frustrating season.

Vale fan snap judgment in full swing
Not really.
We need a new number 1. we need at least a CB probably 2 if were being honest. The left back is terrible but at least we have Benning so I suppose just someone to cover him. We need two wingers minimum and then someone up top to help Rodney and Proctor.

Jones - MOTM and we will benefit from those throws over the season
Pett - really liked some of his touches and worked nonstop - reminded me a little of the bogeyman (blast from the past)
Rodney - run his socks off and got battered from pillar to post
Proctor - like the look of him - be interesting when playing in a full 11, which brings us to:
Covolan -  - we love a psychopath
Wilson - mmmmmmmmm 
everyone else - cant really remember much of note 
Jones MOTM - are you on glue?

3 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

The commitment and work was one thing that was right today. The rest was all abit........ I just hope we don't set up like that over and over as its not playing to our strengths and will make a very frustrating season.

Fair enough every football fan sees the game differently,bring on Sunderland tues a game I  will see .

UTV 

To be fair to Wilson, I dont think he knew anything about it; it just hit him.

Now this is going sound stupid, but goalkeeper wise, I thought both performed well except for one teeny weeny itsy bitsy little error that only the referee spotted 😮

It's one game so not stressing about it,i mean the most troubled club of the summer Swindon are top after today and i will be amazed if they finish there,oh well lets try to progress in the cup and then hopefully capitalise on 2 home league games to get us on track,lose those and i might start to stress a little 🙂

To be fair to Wilson, I dont think he knew anything about it; it just hit him.
Now this is going sound stupid, but goalkeeper wise, I thought both performed well except for one teeny weeny itsy bitsy little error that only the referee spotted
That's what they said on RS. They said he couldn't be blamed for missing it. Not seen it myself yet so I don't know

6 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
12 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Agreed there was nothing wrong in terms of commitment from anyone. Just a lack of cohesion. That will get ironed out and although it was poor today I hope people stick with it as I believe they’ll get it right with time.

Archived