Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

13 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Success.

Let's both hope for it. How will you measure it?

18/19 - 20th (brought in early Feb)

19/20 - 8th (Curtailed)

20/21 - 15th (when he left after 1 win in 12)

I will measure it against beating 8th place this season, particularly considering the huge squad overhaul and new team gelling required after clearing out scores of deadwood. 

• Like 2

JA is over. Released players are over. I wish them well in what they may do next. We clearly need to fundamentally change to progress from being a struggling League 2 club which is under performing relative to the size of the fanbase and commercial potential. 

• Like 1

As a fan of a lower league club I'm happy to be deluded, I believe that  every signing could be that hidden gem. Sometimes it does happen and it happens in Burslem. Who had heard of Stuart Talbot, Andy Jones or Ian Taylor before they signed for the mighty whites. Do we want to make new players feel wanted and valued or should we just write them off before they have even kicked a ball? I do believe that had Askey stayed then there was every possibility that we would be in the National League, all the heart had drained from the side. If DC could win 8 in a row last season, there is no reason why it won't be a statistic of next season. If half the signings are better than half of what we let go then we will definitely  finish higher this coming season. 

• Like 2

Peculiar? Remind me how high we've finished for the last decade. I hate the way we treated one of our own. I've tried not to criticise Carol but (for the same reason). I can see through BS and DC is full of it.   Not peculiar, at all.
We all know people central to our club. It comes with the territory. If you've moved in football circles, you get information passed through. We always have - all my life. Some of it you ignore but when you hear the same stories from different mouths, you pay attention.
https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/1392-doha/
You've written some weird rubbish in your time.

Another moron desperate for us to fail.

Would literally criticise anything that happens at Vale.

Pathetic.
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Doha, you've tied yourself up in knots.

So you'll be happy with 8th?

Time you moved on. Try to take some of your own advice.

Try holding off on the condescension for a mo and reading properly.

He's gone, he's not coming back, Carol intervened and stopped his inability to manage causing an irrecoverable disaster. Put your vindictive DC/DF vendetta to one side and let them actually sign their own squad first.

There are a small number of fans who might as well openly admit they don't want them to succeed it's that obvious in their tone. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Another moron desperate for us to fail.

Would literally criticise anything that happens at Vale.

Pathetic.

Moron? That's polite of you. That's the level of your argument, is it?

Pathetic? Take a look at yourself before judging anyone.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Try holding off on the condescension for a mo and reading properly.

He's gone, he's not coming back, Carol intervened and stopped his inability to manage causing an irrecoverable disaster. Put your vindictive DC/DF vendetta to one side and let them actually sign their own squad first.

There are a small number of fans who might as well openly admit they don't want them to succeed it's that obvious in their tone. 

Inability to manage? But we were in 7th and the form team and by your own standards, it is success.

Tie yourself in knots, mate. Just keep on digging.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

I don't believe there is a blank cheque this season and have absolutely no idea what the budget is. Until the club says what the budget is it's impossible to say, although I'm sure he has a decent budget to work with there will certainly be some sides with more.

I'm relatively neutral on Clarke at the moment. The big thing he needs to do, for me, is to adequately replace the keeper along with the Conlon, Joyce, Oyeleke midfield. When the midfield 3 have played together we've looked a balanced top of the table side for 3 years under 3 managers. I'm sure letting Manny leave was the right call and once you are looking for a new balance in the engine room there was logic to letting Joyce go. I'm genuinely interested in seeing what midfield he puts together and how they work next season. If we get promotion great but it will take time to bed in so many players. What I do expect is playoff form over the last 30 games and a top 10 finish. 

Edited by JRC
  • Like 1

Just now, Ron C said:

Inability to manage? But we were in 7th and the form team and by your own standards, it is success.

Tie yourself in knots, mate. Just keep on digging.

7th?

Remind me, what happened on Jan 2nd this year when Shankley/Ferguson/Clough all rolled into one was still in charge? That day we got battered 4-0 away after winning 1 in 12 and propped up out of the relegation zone by the truly diabolical Grimsby and Southend?

He was a poor, very limited manager, hence the absence of football league job offers in the 5 months he's been available. Dry your eyes mate. 

• Like 2

I'd like Vale to sign at least half a dozen good footballers at Lge 2 level including a couple of forwards who have a track record of scoring 10+ goals/season at Lge2 level or above. I couldn't care less how the recruitment is done, whether it involves stats or not, just get it done.

Vale have released at least 5 good, experienced  Lge 2 players and they need replacing and that number doesn't include Manny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

I don't believe there is a blank cheque this season and have absolutely no idea what the budget is. Until the club says what the budget is it's impossible to say, although I'm sure he has a decent budget to work with there will certainly be some sides with more.

I'm relatively neutral on Clarke at the moment. The big thing he needs to do, for me, is to adequately replace the keeper along with the Conlon, Joyce, Oyeleke midfield. When the midfield 3 have played together we've looked a balanced top of the table side for 3 years under 3 managers. I'm sure letting Manny leave was the right call and once you are looking for a new balance in the engine room there was logic to letting Joyce go. I'm genuinely interested in seeing what midfield he puts together and how they work next season. If we get promotion great but it will take time to bed in so many players. What I do expect is playoff form over the last 30 games and a top 10 finish. 

Agree. I'm really surprised Oyeleke has played so much (although went off injured today.) It would be just our luck that he plays 44 x 90 minutes for Chesterfield next season after managing 5 minutes every other month for us.

I do not think DC is a bullshltter. I think DF answers every single question like he's in a job interview but I saw and read enough of Clarke's set up last season to be confident in his ability. The players praise his man management at every turn in the media, they are not doing it at gunpoint. When we lost or drew games early in his tenure he did not blame them, he always put his hand up. When we won or drew playing well he would deflect Bowers praise towards the players. While I'm a bit perplexed at his unusually spiky relationship with journalists I think he's a good bloke players will want to run through brick walls for. 

There are more than a few inhabitants/diaspora of SOT who tend to have a real dislike of change to the point of self-detriment. 

If we have a mixed or bad start I can foresee the 'told you so' comments already. If we start at a canter there are people who will slink away or otherwise will find a way to be negative about the good run and our prospects. I honestly think Clarke can't win with a small number of Vale fans and the reasons for that exist solely in their own heads. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

7th?

Remind me, what happened on Jan 2nd this year when Shankley/Ferguson/Clough all rolled into one was still in charge? That day we got battered 4-0 away after winning 1 in 12 and propped up out of the relegation zone by the truly diabolical Grimsby and Southend?

He was a poor, very limited manager, hence the absence of football league job offers in the 5 months he's been available. Dry your eyes mate. 

You said inability to manage. Not me.  I'll remind you of that when he was already operating at a successful level as defined by the Diary of Doha. See if you can remember that.

Here's a rope go and make a noose for yourself after you've finished with your shovel. Deary me. You have no analytical plan for anything. No wonder you're taken in by any old BS.

• Like 1

Just now, Ron C said:

You said inability to manage. Not me.  I'll remind you of that when he was already operating at a successful level as defined by the Diary of Doha. See if you can remember that.

Here's a rope go and make a noose for yourself after you've finished with your shovel. Deary me. You have no analytical plan for anything. No wonder you're taken in by any old BS.

I did say that, yes, because it's true. His truly abysmal signings plus his poor game management got us into real trouble last year, his inability to manage meant he couldn't rescue the situation and fortunately Carol invested the money in a lifeboat in the form of Darrell Clarke, the bloke who doesn't save his game changing substitutions until the last three minutes. 

You want DC to fail not least because he isn't JA who you evidently have some sort of connection with as he's pretty much all you've ever posted about on here. 

Very strange. 

• Like 1

I really don't understand some of the negativity on here about our 2 signings.

Last week posters I see posters moaning and concerned we had not signed anyone,This week we sign 2 players, what looks like a squad player to develop and an upgrade on Joyce. 

We need to sign 5/6 squad players plus 6 1st team L2 ballers. So far we have 1 of each. Would you prefer it if the club do not announce any signings until they had secured THE 1st team players? The 1st teamers we are after will be on the shopping list of every club in this league with an ambition to get promotion. These players are going to have lots clubs to discuss terms to drive up the salary and will play out over the summer. Its going to take time. 

Sun clearly getting to some.....

• Like 3

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings