Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Just now, grand prix pants said:

What if he’s part of a team that goes on an unbeaten run, finishing higher than any of us think is possible? Would you still make that judgement?

If he doesn't score a goal every now and again then yes, very much so. I'm not expecting him to come into a poor side and score every week, or even every other week. But he's not scored all season for either Bradford or ourselves. And has barely scored a goal over the last couple of seasons. This isn't just a bad run of form that any forward can suffer. He's nowhere near good enough, it's as simple as that.

• Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows bette

Jeez, since the game ended all I've seen on here is childish bickering. Some on here need to grow up. A decent point away, I'm happy with that.

Lots of effort and a bit of fight today although I thought we were very poor with the ball.  Disappointing to concede out of nothing - I thought we looked very comfortable up until that point the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Lots of effort and a bit of fight today

Rightly or wrongly my favourite part of today’s games was when the players squared up to them when one of theirs went after Mussy.

We have been lacking a bit of fight! Lovely Jubbly.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 6

Disappointed at the negativity.

The only remit for me is keep us up. 

We've gained a point on 2 of the bottom sides. 

Was an okay performance a draw was fair. I really hope Guthrie scores against Stevenage. Am I waxing lyrical about how wonderful he is .....nope. But give the lad a break he's come into a side who've won is it 2 in 14 ? 

He worked hard. Yes of course he needs a goal but crikey give him some leeway before the public hanging 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

23 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats the one,i was trying remember if it was the bar or post,yes if i remember it was more or less an open goal as the cross took the keeper out... i was to busy celebrating the errrrmmmmm goal tbh

I only now because I was stood right behind the goal on one brink of exploding with joy. Still it was a bloody good day out. I hope you enjoyed it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Speaks very well. Can tell he’s very passionate and wants to win. Decent start today with a solid point as I put earlier I just can’t wait to see what happens in the summer 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows better than anyone that his performances will determine whether he has a professional contract anywhere come next season. His dream, to be a pro footballer, hangs in the balance. I’m guessing he could have sat in his backside at Bradford and picked up his money until the end of the season. He’ll be desperate to succeed. As a Vale fan, I’m desperate for him to succeed too. I hope he does. I wish him luck. Better to be him than a keyboard warrior salivating at the chance to stick the boot in on the evening of a good away result.

Spot on, I just don't understand the anger..........

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Futcher hit the bar and Jeppo missed the rebound didn't he?

Werestayinup now that Cavalier has said this I’m now doubting myself. The game was September 89. I can’t find a report to clarify this.

Advert:

We've got to give Guthrie chance but he hasn't done much yet! Hopefully DC will get the best out of him. Tuesday would be a good time to score against his former club. 🤞

Good point today. The games are thick and fast now, we need a good run to stay clear of the bottom two. I can't believe Stevenage have caught us in the league. 

UTV! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He does like a clear out does Clarke often turning around 12-16 players so i think there will be massive changes in the summer.

Regarding what people are saying about Guthrie,i thought he started off well in his first few games for us BUT i will say he has been poor in the last 2 for me,as i said earlier i would of liked to see Rodders and Swan up top today,plenty of pace and tricks in those 2 i think,i hope we see it Tuesday. Worrall having to go off changed the play for us today,hopefully he is back Tuesday.

I think Conlon looked worse today as we were looking mainly to hit the ball long through the channels which bypasses the midfield a bit,having said that some wont agree but i dont think Joyce did much wrong today and also thought Crookes(apart from the odd blip) had one of his better games for us.

Need to go out for a win on Tuesday though,happy with a point and some positives,he isn't going to change it around over night with another managers team,Askey lost his first 4 i think. I will also say it looked like we had a proper manager on the touchline at last if you know what i mean

onwards and upwards

Deffo know what you mean was in the lawn street for last seasons encounter, you could clearly here Clarke’s  and rest of the Walsall benches opinions on every decision !!!!! 

44 minutes ago, joker1968 said:

Great point today and better performance,we would of won on another day.The so called local paper the sentijoke couldnt even be bothered with a live page coverage and by the local radio station coverage i wondered at one point if shawcross was dead,so its "ale and Vale" time for me.UTV👍

Mike Baggaley was never able to get a signal - that’s why there was no live coverage. 

25 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows better than anyone that his performances will determine whether he has a professional contract anywhere come next season. His dream, to be a pro footballer, hangs in the balance. I’m guessing he could have sat in his backside at Bradford and picked up his money until the end of the season. He’ll be desperate to succeed. As a Vale fan, I’m desperate for him to succeed too. I hope he does. I wish him luck. Better to be him than a keyboard warrior salivating at the chance to stick the boot in on the evening of a good away result.

What I don't get about fairies like you, and you're certainly not alone on this site, is why you get so upset and emotional about someone not rating a player and having an opinion. Not everyone is going to rate who you rate, or like the same things that you like.

Advert:

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Speaks very well. Can tell he’s very passionate and wants to win. Decent start today with a solid point as I put earlier I just can’t wait to see what happens in the summer 

He clearly rates Crookes higher than a few on here. 

• Like 1