Jump to content

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Joe B said:

Alright you've gone on a big rant because I said you were a numpty for wanting a manager gone 4 years ago, chill my man. 

As often happens when your opinion is questioned - you're missing the point! As I said, it wasn't only you with the name-calling...there was the fairly unnecessary slagging off of a Radio Sjoke phone-in caller, just because she was of the optimistic persuasion. It isn't me needs to chill - I'm not the one slagging people off, questioning the judgment of the owners or needing to know the behind-the-scenes goings-on of someone else's business! All I'm asking...in my "big rant" is that you respect...or, rather, stop disrespecting other people because they have a different point of view to yourself! And by "you" I'm not singling you out, there are far worse than you on here! Chill, my man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/01/2021 at 18:26, PV1973 said:

I reckon you should throw Sinclair and carols lad in the mix as those possibly interfering.

 

No offence to him but the second seems immature and a bit of a knob. So you  might be right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

I think the fine gents on the Ale and Vale podcast mentioned that this was a rumour doing the rounds.

Yep, there was a rumour knocking around about it. I don't think it's true though. That would be utter madness, and we're not quite there, yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rory said:
3 minutes ago, stupers said:
Yep, there was a rumour knocking around about it. I don't think it's true though. That would be utter madness, and we're not quite there, yet!

We'll get there. It's good to be getting back to normal.

You got to love the misery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Each little rumour that’s come out could all add up and become a culmination of everything that’s affecting the training and the players mindsets? Negative attitudes in training from those 2 players not featuring (Mckirdey and Theo), negative attitude from Clark in training which affected his performances and saw him dropped, rumours of Sinclair undermining the manager in training, rumours of some players not being signed by Askey, rumours of carols son trying to implement his ideas behind the scenes and even having a hand in signing players. Each little one seems like something that could be dealt with in isolation, but maybe it just adds up to a bigger issue? Who knows. There’s lots of Chinese whispers and smoke coming from various sources in the club and I’ve heard a lot of of similar stories from different people. But there’s something gone massively wrong over the last 2 months and it’s a shame that on the outside it looks like some players could be using it as an excuse when the reality is that they are responsible for their own individual performances. Equally Askey is responsible for putting the team out on the pitch, building team spirit and keeping everyone on board too. 

For me, none of this stops the players from going out there and doing what they’re paid to do. They should still be giving 100% no matter what is going on behind the scenes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

For me, none of this stops the players from going out there and doing what they’re paid to do. They should still be giving 100% no matter what is going on behind the scenes 

100% this.....something I've never been able to get my head round is why as a pro in any sport, you would not go on that pitch and work your b***ocks off! It's your job, your trade...if you're not good enough, fair enough but to not work as hard as possible on the pitch.......what is that all about?

On Saturday I also felt they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing as regards a game plan. Conceding after milli seconds didn't help but that's where leadership comes in.....right, get your heads up, work harder for the next 15 /20 minutes to steady the ship and then we'll see where we are. That lot on Saturday puffed out their cheeks and thought "Here we go again...how long left Ref?" Abject surrender......but WHY?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

100% this.....something I've never been able to get my head round is why as a pro in any sport, you would not go on that pitch and work your b***ocks off! It's your job, your trade...if you're not good enough, fair enough but to not work as hard as possible on the pitch.......what is that all about?

On Saturday I also felt they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing as regards a game plan. Conceding after milli seconds didn't help but that's where leadership comes in.....right, get your heads up, work harder for the next 15 /20 minutes to steady the ship and then we'll see where we are. That lot on Saturday puffed out their cheeks and thought "Here we go again...how long left Ref?" Abject surrender......but WHY?

 

I had a conversation once with a former manager of Stoke City.He said to me “Fans never get managers the sack,just the players”.There are players at the Vale who think they can do what they like and carry on regardless.Get them out irrespective who they are and how long they’ve been here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree fully with the two comments above.

Players will get a bit restless if they're not playing and we don't have regular reserve fixtures but this is where the manager manages the situation and tries to keep everyone happy and playing a part. And he signs everyone, having down his homework (or not).

But when you get a small number who are not in the first team who are causing problems it can eat away at the fabric of the Club and one bad egg quickly escalates into 3-4.  It looks like that's happened here. 

The majority of players are really only bothered about a pay cheque and not their current Club. If they think they have no future here then acting the fool or not trying might get them a quicker move away even though it destabilises PVFC.

A strong manager should nip this in the bud and ship them out asap. Hopefully it can be sorted this month. It has to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/01/2021 at 09:19, Howjy04 said:

I had a conversation once with a former manager of Stoke City.He said to me “Fans never get managers the sack,just the players”.There are players at the Vale who think they can do what they like and carry on regardless.Get them out irrespective who they are and how long they’ve been here.

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...