onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Yes .... I deliberately left him off the list, but where does he lie in the heirachy. Who does he report to, Garlick presumably, in which case JA has a point.

Na, Frank is a top bloke and a winner. He wouldn’t do anything to stuff up the club. 

I think it is mainly due to crap, ageing players and a manager who wouldn’t know a decent player if he was called Messi and offers to play for free. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rodney, Mills, Whitehead, Robinson, Fitzpatrick, Visser, and McKirdy has to be up there with one of the worst windows of all time.

Only Rodney has made some impact. Visser is a backup and the rest are rubbish, with Whitehead and Mills competing for a spot in my all time worst 11. An absolute disaster. 

I wouldn't include Rodney in that - there is some potential there, and I wouldn't want him to become one of those players stigmatised by a failing team.  In a better side, he would score more goals, and might do yet for us.  Not his fault he is in an ageing team that can't defend, with seasoned pros that keep getting sent off.  Visser has also done well when called upon, and can't really be blamed for any of the present shambles. Can't work McKirdy out - suspect temperament? - but the rest were brought in to offer replacements when injuries struck, not to propel us in to League 1.  It was a "safety net" window to try to stabilise the club and avoid relegation scares.  Now look where that has got us....

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

This interference talk is mad! The pair in the kit room will be next in line. 

Carol's lad????????? Jesus Christ.

Get a grip folks. It's a manager who ballsed up recruitment, signed bad players (some with poor attitudes), and isn't good enough to steady the ship. Get him gone and move on.

Something has gone on behind the scenes but you can believe what you want,i think whoever said Carols lad was doing that tongue in cheek

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Get a grip folks. It's a manager who ballsed up recruitment, signed bad players (some with poor attitudes), and isn't good enough to steady the ship. Get him gone and move on.

My thoughts exactly.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've now heard:

Carol

Garlick

Carol's lad

John Rudge

Sinclair

Garlick

McKirdy

Robinson

Unnamed Senior Pros 

accused of causing dissent. The amount of hurdles people are jumping over to justify awful management is bizarre.

Absolutely bang on the money. 

Has the club cat made the list yet ? 

Worst possible start to the game possible, things just went down hill from there.
Sooner Vale can get back to a starting outfield 10 of Gibbo Brisley Smith Montano Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall with 2 or 3 additions, hopefully Jake Taylor being one,  the sooner results will turn around.
Failure to beat Grimsby and JA will be history assuming Carol has someone lined up.
Obvious the summer recruitment was awful, I don't like criticizing individual players but it has to be said Mills, Fitz, Whitehead and Robinson are not good enough 
You say that but 7 of those players were part of the worst sides in recent memory that nearly got us relegated twice out of the league!

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Askey needs to say what is going on behind closed doors. Whoever or whatever it is being the scenes need ridding of 

No he doesn't and shouldn't be allowed to either. You can't tell the whole world what's going on behind close doors. It would be a ridiculous thing to do.

This 'behind the scenes' guff is now being debated on social media.

Askey deflects a bit of stick by lobbing cryptic clues about underhand jigger pokery behind the scenes, at the behemoth Port Vale with it's many employees, all with ulterior motives and axes to grind. The radio lads back it up. No one can ever say anything, mind! But trust us, it's mayhem back there! Oh God, we are sworn to secrecy, but it's like the final days of Rome down Burslem! Mayhem!

If there's a bit of beef, get them sacked and call them out. I'm sick to the back teeth of Port Vale being treated like Mao's China. He said, she said, nonsense. Every day there's this fresh whisper that Harry McKirdy is single handedly bringing the club down as he likes to eat his pasta away from the group and has terrible hair. Yoga has the players irate, we are told! Not a level playing field, Askey said, stood yards from a flat f******* pitch.

Carol's son and John Rudge facing accusations tonight! Who's next for the Burslem Gulag? The ghost of Bill Bell? Sproson's statue?

You Cheeky Whites. Up the Vale. Plenty of big rooms in the Admin Building. Happy New Year. Sick of it.

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Something has gone on behind the scenes but you can believe what you want,i think whoever said Carols lad was doing that tongue in cheek

Shock horror a struggling team have problems behind the scenes. I would be bloody pissed off it wasn't and we had a happy squad. None of them should be happy with the level of performances for the past 2 months.

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

No he doesn't and shouldn't be allowed to either. You can't tell the whole world what's going on behind close doors. It would be a ridiculous thing to do.

Why insinuate it then?

Either deal with it quietly or come out with it. This is just excuse making without having to do the tough bit and saying what's going on.

1 minute ago, davehartshill said:

There is only one appointment I can see us making and that’s Micky Adams. That’s if he fancies coming out of his hiatus for another stint as our manager. 

Adams hasn’t been in management for five years. He’s running some sort of consultancy isn’t he??

Archived