onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The new Messiah poll

Birches Head Fred

Advert

Just now, werstayinup said:

I still like Alexander and Hurst though tbf but as you say Parkinson could maybe get us out of this league,he also got colchester into the championship

Didn't even know he'd done that. 

I think it's a no brainer if he's interested. I seriously don't see Askey leaving till May though.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Didn't even know he'd done that. 

I think it's a no brainer if he's interested. I seriously don't see Askey leaving till May though.

Carol wont drag it out to much longer she certainly wants top 7 this season nothing less,she has backed askey and looked after the players,i feel sorry for her tbh

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

These are the Bradford odds 

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/bradford-city 

Obviously a way bigger club than us but an indication of who's out there 

Some names on there who have promotions on their cv and some who frighten me,it would be nice to try and pinch a manager like a Lowe or a Flynn but that really would cost and its trying to tempt managers away from clubs that are higher than ours

I really can't see us changing managers even though now is surely the time.  For me I would be going in for someone like Derek Adams at Morecambe.  He did a good job in Scotland then went to Plymouth, lost in the play off final and then the following season led them to 2nd.  In the first year at league one they finished 7th just missing out on the play-offs.  The following season he did take them down but looks like he has turned his career around at Morecambe.  This is a team who have probably got a bottom 4 budget and he has them in the top 5.  

Yes they are higher in the league and you would argue why would he leave a team lower down than the league but surely we offer more than Morecambe.

The managers who're currently out of work are almost certainly out of work because they failed in their last job.  Some may have good CV's but they still failed in their last job.  Those managers who are currently in employment will almost all have failures on their CV's.  The point being that whenever Askey loses his job, which ultimately is the fate of any manager, there is absolutely no guarantee that the next person to be appointed Vale manager will be a success.

Is there a stand out candidate, currently out of work, who we could appoint?   I don't see one.

35 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

And with the biggest budget in League One he had Sunderland finish in the lowest place in their history.  He's far from a miracle worker.

Excuse my cynicism, I'm assuming purely the Sunderland connection is enough for a NO from you ? 

Sunderland are quite a poisoned chalice most managers are dead men walking from day one.

Ps he is not on my list either 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Excuse my cynicism, I'm assuming purely the Sunderland connection is enough for a NO from you ? 

Sunderland are quite a poisoned chalice most managers are dead men walking from day one.

Ps he is not on my list either 

His Sunderland connection is irrelevant.  (Look who's managing Newcastle!)  Of his 205 games at his last two clubs Bolton and Sunderland, he has won 68.  Hardly the record of a messiah??

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

His Sunderland connection is irrelevant.  (Look who's managing Newcastle!)  Of his 205 games at his last two clubs Bolton and Sunderland, he has won 68.  Hardly the record of a messiah??

What about the likes of Bradford and colchester. Who were in this league. And got promoted out of this league? Surely that’s more relevant than two sinking ships like Bolton and Sunderland?!? 

Ok I'll enter the fray. For me Simon Grayson, or Sol Campbell. Parky.is a bit meh for me..,BUT anyone with a bit of fire in their belly, that transfers into the dressing room is better than JA..I did not expect someone to be Michael Mctintyre on screen or radio - but please someone with a bit of fizz, might just get fans on their side...

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But did you want Bruce ? 

I'm with you anyway I'd swerve him but as I said what manager hasn't got an X against his name. 

The Walsall manager has a relegation on his CV , Hurst has been a flop, indeed Askey was sacked at Shrewsbury. 

Sometimes a percentage of wins depends on the club and the situation. 

Pound for pound and size of club I think it's unquestionably Coleman who is the best lower league manager and even he wasn't great at Rochdale and got sacked. 

Archived