onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

40 minutes ago, osprey said:

I thought Brown should have come off his line to close Norris down onc it was obvious no one else was going to get to him

Probably,  did he have much chance with the worldy, as described in the Essex Yellow Advertiser

Luke Norris’s second half ‘worldy’ ensured the region’s three League Two teams enjoyed a rare unbeaten matchday.

The former Dagenham & Redbridge loanee’s 65th-minute strike cancelled out the livewire, Devante Rodney’s 57th-minute effort, for a previously dominant, mid-table Vale.

This point in the Potteries leaves the U’s comfortably in the play-off zone, with Leyton Orient – winners against top-of-the-table Newport County – hot on their heels, and extends their unbeaten run to four league games.

Advert

50 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Also, there isn't a midfield player in front of him.

What had happened before?

Their players made the pass from the middle of the pitch on the lip of the centre circle. The lad that scored has just stood in the space behind Mills where he should have been. 

16 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We have to score goals, not a goal, to win matches.

Mills had a good game, His only fault seems to be pushing up a little too far. More than once he was further up field than the rest of back four. Then he gets caught out. Norris also so lucky to control ball between his legs but then he is a goal scorer. He does very little but he creates two great chances and scores one.

Agreed. Think we lack that 20 goal a season striker that makes all the difference. Some may say we have one in Popey, no disrespect but time stands still for no man and like us all as we age our powers wane. Dont think we have a striker who only having 2 chances in a game scores one of them.

6 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

The cross from Hurst why did Worrall not try head it in .

On half time Hurst gets in behind puts a ball across the six yard box who want our players brave enough get in there put it away .

That free header for Legge he surely got score second half .

Why and having watched all the game did Mckirdy pick the ball up with only the full back to beat yet took the ball infield where all the players were  when surely he should of being driving forwards and trying go past his man .

There goal was a shocker but if as somebody rightly pointed out three of the four pushed up and Smith was playing them in then it's as much his fault as Millsy s who to me in general play was one of our better players.

Thin margins we should be talking about a 4-1 win today the fact we are not disappoints me greatly .

Rodney is linking the play brilliantly enjoying his performances but it's no good us performing well and giving teams a leg up with very poor defensive errors its same old for me players switching off ,goalkeeper not reacting to balls in and around our box .

We do not have the steel to get in the top 7 in my opinion teams do not have to play well v us to score 

No surprise Smith is mentioned again in a negative way 🤔🤔🤔

21 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

No surprise Smith is mentioned again in a negative way 🤔🤔🤔

No not all I didnt think he had played  the scorer onside and pv73s post confirmed it was Mills fault for the goal ,it wassuch a poor goal give away we work our socks off for our goal and lead then they ping a hopeful diagonal ball forwards and get lucky .

We were miles better than them the scoreline did not reflect what I watched come think of it we were better than Leyton Orient, Scunthorpe and Tranmere also ,just keep the most bizarre and amateurish goals away weekly .

Smith was like he is most games ,wins the battle ,plays well about 85 mins most of the time  it's the other 5 I worry about ,does he switch off etc ,or does he lose focus etc ,we seem to not block many shots these days ,is he playing injured at  all ?I just think he is regressing not progressing .

I want stoke pay a million for him that means he is doing the business for Vale .

I think some people need to watch their goal back and have a proper look at it to see that Mills positioning was poor. Nothing to do with the other 3 defenders. 

111B500D-293D-4416-A415-D4B625F33511.thumb.png.b5f3294723a249fd896075771cc591ea.png

Like I said earlier on mills likes to get forward and looks decent when he does , his defending, positioning etc is poor and I’m sorry but the sooner gibbo comes back the better

Then I would play Clark left back , we won’t get anywhere with mills and Fitzpatrick playing full backs they are just not good enough

9 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I think some people need to watch their goal back and have a proper look at it to see that Mills positioning was poor. Nothing to do with the other 3 defenders. 

It has everything to do with the other 3 defenders. They should be communicating and clearly didn't.

Its not like we had lost possession and where out of shape when the ball was played out wide. Its just poor communciation in defence to hold a good line and be aware of passing the striker on to another player when he had peeled out wide.

That is goal is as much Legge's responsibility as Mills and Brown's poor positioning.

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

It has everything to do with the other 3 defenders. They should be communicating and clearly didn't.

Its not like we had lost possession and where out of shape when the ball was played out wide. Its just poor communciation in defence to hold a good line and be aware of passing the striker on to another player when he had peeled out wide.

That is goal is as much Legge's responsibility as Mills and Brown's poor positioning.

Get what your saying but mills should still know where to be on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Attacking wing back, it is up to the defence to communicate and adjust to the play as a unit. Individual errors are a different matter, being beaten by an experienced striker is something to take in.

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Attacking wing back, it is up to the defence to communicate and adjust to the play as a unit. Individual errors are a different matter, being beaten by an experienced striker is something to take in.

Still think that goal is mills error 100% attacking wing back or not that Dosent give him an excuse to be out of position 

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Defensive positioning is about the unit not an individual. If Mills is further forward and the striker has pulled out wide then how will he know he is too far forward with a striker behind him without the CB's call?  

Its a lack of communication at the back which is killing us and has done most of the season. 

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Defensive positioning is about the unit not an individual. If Mills is further forward and the striker has pulled out wide then how will he know he is too far forward with a striker behind him without the CB's call?  

Its a lack of communication at the back which is killing us and has done most of the season. 

Maybe they did call. The defender still has a responsibility to be in correct position he should be checking where attackers are. 

Archived